Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,608 members, 7,955,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn (2208 Views)

Lagos City Polytechnic Lecturers Arrested For Exam Malpractice / Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Strike February 25 / The End Of Polytechnic In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by israelboy1(m): 11:50pm On May 12, 2013
A reaction to one of an article in which a polytechnic registra was telling a student they re better of universities, telling him they re pratically oriented, but universities re just theoretically oriented

i am sorry to say, i totally disagree with what the registra make mention of 'we teach pratical and universities teach theory', for example, go to OAU, so to speak, they teach computer engineering student how to carry out welding, 200levels for crying out loud, may i ask u the practicals u did in the polytechnic, the lecturers re either HND graduates, or maybe they went for professional courses, then tell me what do they know about their field, why cant they go for doctorate degree or even masters, polytechnics re really suffering nd u guys do not know, well, i hv the experience of going to polytechnic, and i saw what they re really passing through that was in Nigeria, OND, HND graduates who cannot even make a good sentence, if i am lieing somebody should quote me wrong, there is no exposure, there is no infrastructure, well, i feltso sad when the registra is saying such statement, what re the practicals u re doing? To be candid, i was once a polytechnic, even ilaro polytechnic graduate, check the likes of most of the lecturers in ur school, most of them can't lecture with good english, but with vanacular which is so bad, fight for ur rights, meet with ur rectors, thats what the sug is meant for, instead of this, u guys re fighting against DSA, u re suppose to fight against ur lecturers, they should go nd read more, enough of those young lecturers who has only BSc even HND. Just becos of connection, they re able to lecture,.hmmm nd if u ask them maybe they have or will like to see their children in polytechnic, all what they will say is, there is nothing to talk about. This is so sad, whats the usefulness of polytechnics then if they re not entertained outside the building, is that just a waste of two years or five years?

Must there even be polytechnic?

so sorry thou
Thou i am sorry for saying all this, i just felt sosad, why wont they discriminate *very sad* once again i am sorry.
ONE LOVE
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by rkarang: 5:05pm On May 13, 2013
israel boy: A reaction to one of an article in which a polytechnic registra was telling a student they re better of universities, telling him they re pratically oriented, but universities re just theoretically oriented

i am sorry to say, i totally disagree with what the registra make mention of 'we teach pratical and universities teach theory', for example, go to OAU, so to speak, they teach computer engineering student how to carry out welding, 200levels for crying out loud, may i ask u the practicals u did in the polytechnic, the lecturers re either HND graduates, or maybe they went for professional courses, then tell me what do they know about their field, why cant they go for doctorate degree or even masters, polytechnics re really suffering nd u guys do not know, well, i hv the experience of going to polytechnic, and i saw what they re really passing through that was in Nigeria, OND, HND graduates who cannot even make a good sentence, if i am lieing somebody should quote me wrong, there is no exposure, there is no infrastructure, well, i feltso sad when the registra is saying such statement, what re the practicals u re doing? To be candid, i was once a polytechnic, even ilaro polytechnic graduate, check the likes of most of the lecturers in ur school, most of them can't lecture with good english, but with vanacular which is so bad, fight for ur rights, meet with ur rectors, thats what the sug is meant for, instead of this, u guys re fighting against DSA, u re suppose to fight against ur lecturers, they should go nd read more, enough of those young lecturers who has only BSc even HND. Just becos of connection, they re able to lecture,.hmmm nd if u ask them maybe they have or will like to see their children in polytechnic, all what they will say is, there is nothing to talk about. This is so sad, whats the usefulness of polytechnics then if they re not entertained outside the building, is that just a waste of two years or five years?

Must there even be polytechnic?

so sorry thou
Thou i am sorry for saying all this, i just felt sosad, why wont they discriminate *very sad* once again i am sorry.
ONE LOVE
Thou, "I am sorry for saying all these"
It happens in uni too. Thou am nt saying that the state of poly in Nig is better than that of Uni
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by seuner: 6:28pm On May 13, 2013
What a pity! Why are u swimming in hypocritism...poor construction of sentences, wrong spellings...i thought u left polytechnic to learn how to write & speak english fluently.

1 Like

Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by israelboy1(m): 6:45pm On May 13, 2013
seuner: What a pity! Why are u swimming in hypocritism...poor construction of sentences, wrong spellings...i thought u left polytechnic to learn how to write & speak english fluently.

thanks for that, i apprecitate every criticism, and if u read that article well, there is a place in which i wrote 'i am also a polytechnic product', so am still developing myself in that aspect.

Once again, thank you very much
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by seuner: 7:04pm On May 15, 2013
SIR, Thanks 4 what! U shared what u thought abt d polytechnics & i shared what i thought abt u. Ok! Thanks for all d criticism also. Abi who force u go polytechnic self. NB:there are better & reasonable ways 2 write dis & i wld have made an encomiastic remark. Anyway, u self "so sorry thou"...ibon, lol.
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by israelboy1(m): 7:13pm On May 15, 2013
seuner: SIR, Thanks 4 what! U shared what u thought abt d polytechnics & i shared what i thought abt u. Ok! Thanks for all d criticism also. Abi who force u go polytechnic self. NB:there are better & reasonable ways 2 write dis & i wld have made an encomiastic remark. Anyway, u self "so sorry thou"...ibon, lol.

hmm, u re kind of funny, but i treated u with all respect, u re still behaving as a ****, well no harm done, we all learn everyday, if u re mr perfect, then thats to ur pocket, but i think i do my own learning everyday, and i admit i made a mistake, hmm, i am jst smiling, with all the respect i gave to u *smh* well, no harm done, different people with different thinking, i know the fault was from me, i should have taken time to read through again before submitting.
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by tosomaju(m): 8:24pm On May 15, 2013
What u just succeeded in doing is to rubbish the certificates that are obtained from polytechnics, the holders of such certificates and the lecturers.
Did u say u finished from a polytechnic? Then u must be a bad ambassador. Yes, u manage to go to the university with the same "useless" certificate u got from poly, why should it be u that will broadcast that HND and OND certificates are "toilet papers"
did u say u are sorry? After u have naked her in the public and all u can say is u are sorry? Try something else.
U also claimed not to be perfect and u av the guts to discriminate?
For the sake of those that went to the polytechnic, some one like u must not be Nigeria's president.
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by israelboy1(m): 9:36pm On May 15, 2013
tosomaju: What u just succeeded in doing is to rubbish the certificates that are obtained from polytechnics, the holders of such certificates and the lecturers.
Did u say u finished from a polytechnic? Then u must be a bad ambassador. Yes, u manage to go to the university with the same "useless" certificate u got from poly, why should it be u that will broadcast that HND and OND certificates are "toilet papers"
did u say u are sorry? After u have naked her in the public and all u can say is u are sorry? Try something else.
U also claimed not to be perfect and u av the guts to discriminate?
For the sake of those that went to the polytechnic, some one like u must not be Nigeria's president.

who am i to descriminate,
who am i to judge
who am i to say all sort of thrash to the certificate in which i used two years in collecting?
who am i to call those time wasted times
who am i to say i never learnt something new
who am i to tell those in the polytechnic they are not good
who am i? who am i? who am i?
if you are very careful in reading that post from the head to bottom, you will surely see a place in which i wrote its not a matter of the degree you collected, but a matter of what you have in you head that will earn you such cash, please friend, you have totally quoted me wrong, i am not descriminating any institution, we all are learners, and we only have limited space in this higher institution. friend i am not descriminating, i am just against that fact a registra told a friend of mine that polytechnics are better of universities, friend, please pardon me if i havnt written well, its just the way i reacted, maybe its to harsh or so, i am so sorry for every harm done, i am not against ND not even the HND, even the degree holders, i am not against them, i am only against those who go to school for degree sake, they dont even know the reason of them going to school, there are lots of people in polytechnic in which are better than the universities, just because they do not have that connection made the complete their education in poly, friend, i hope you get every message of mine, and i am letting you know how sorry i am, please forgive me. i am not descriminating

1 Like

Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by israelboy1(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2013
I commend the OP for articulating this home-truth. As a HND and BSc holder, I'm in the best position to analyze the quality of training in the polytechnics and universities.
For a start, I studied Elect/Elect Engineering in IMT Enugu, then later studied MLS at UNEC. Throughout my stay in IMT, no Ph.D holder taught me(some were even HND holders). The best I got was master's. As a matter of fact, my rector(Dr. Onyishi) was one of the few Ph.D holders in my school. I could remember vividly that each course was taught by a single lecturer from the beginning to the end of the semester. I was disillusioned with a feeling that I was not learning.
Contrast the above with what I got when I entered UNN. One lecturer taught only one topic in a course. Some topics were taught by two or more lecturers. Not more than 3 master degree holders taught me throughout my stay in UNN. I was taught by professors from my first year. I was taught by close to 50 different lecturers in my first year alone. I was overwhelmed with arrays of knowledge and info at my disposal. The quality of students that I met in UNN were better than that of IMT. The level of discipline was higher in the univeristy unlike polytechnic where everything goes.
In conclusion, there is a chasm between the products of the polytechnics and quality universities

this was one of the reaction i got also
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by israelboy1(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2013
I commend the OP for articulating this home-truth. As a HND and BSc holder, I'm in the best position to analyze the quality of training in the polytechnics and universities.
For a start, I studied Elect/Elect Engineering in IMT Enugu, then later studied MLS at UNEC. Throughout my stay in IMT, no Ph.D holder taught me(some were even HND holders). The best I got was master's. As a matter of fact, my rector(Dr. Onyishi) was one of the few Ph.D holders in my school. I could remember vividly that each course was taught by a single lecturer from the beginning to the end of the semester. I was disillusioned with a feeling that I was not learning.
Contrast the above with what I got when I entered UNN. One lecturer taught only one topic in a course. Some topics were taught by two or more lecturers. Not more than 3 master degree holders taught me throughout my stay in UNN. I was taught by professors from my first year. I was taught by close to 50 different lecturers in my first year alone. I was overwhelmed with arrays of knowledge and info at my disposal. The quality of students that I met in UNN were better than that of IMT. The level of discipline was higher in the univeristy unlike polytechnic where everything goes.
In conclusion, there is a chasm between the products of the polytechnics and quality universities

this was one of the reaction i got also
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by tosomaju(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2013
If not for ur user name, i would have argued that the person who posted the original post (op) is the same person that replied my earlier coment.
I also had ND and HND in mechanical engineering from the federal polytechnic offa, b4 going to the university of ibadan, the same department. So i can still talk about the differences.
As an engineer, i evaluate the output base on the input. "To whom much is given, much is expected". I happen to attend one of the best uni in Nigeria, so i think i am at a very good point of view to analyse this issue. Can u compare Nigeria universities with foreign universities with the same measuring device in which u use in comparing it with the polytechnic?. Of course small fish in big river will have no problem of being noticed in the stream.
Polytechnics are at disadvantage to the universities in every ramification, the original intention as been forfeited. My only problem is why should they have to spend a minimum of 5 solid years whereas uni spend a minimum of four.
With all the discriminations and inadequate funding, polytechnic can still hold her head above waters. Give it to them my brother. Don't just see what they are not giving, u should also see what they are not getting.
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by israelboy1(m): 7:43pm On May 16, 2013
For me, i think the reason for the discrimination is because, colleges of education gives just a degree which is NCE, polytechnics gives out 2, which are ND and HND, and the universities offers 3 which are BSc., MSc. And Phd. But still why cant we all work together and execute descrimination, cos not everybody in polytecnic wishes to be there, for me i went to polytechnic just becos i was not able to meet the cut off mark of IFE, so in other to avoid all the insults from parents, friends and neighbors, i have to leave home nd go for polytechnic. Nd i know for sure, many people faces this problem also.

Well, no matter the degree one earns, its a matter of what u hv upstair to succed.
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by seuner: 11:21pm On May 17, 2013
israel boy:

hmm, u re kind of funny, but i treated u with all respect, u re still behaving as a ****, well no harm done, we all learn everyday, if u re mr perfect, then thats to ur pocket, but i think i do my own learning everyday, and i admit i made a mistake, hmm, i am jst smiling, with all the respect i gave to u *smh* well, no harm done, different people with different thinking, i know the fault was from me, i should have taken time to read through again before submitting.
ok no vex, but u got my msg clear. I know u re writing based on opinion, but i urge u 2 always consider d other side of a matter 4 a balance, the university system also has its demerit....Also, i disagree with ur innocent replies, ur post was full of discrimination.
Re: Lies Most Of Polytechnic Lecturers Gives To Poly Student. @uni Std, Ur Reactn by israelboy1(m): 8:47am On May 18, 2013
seuner: ok no vex, but u got my msg clear. I know u re writing based on opinion, but i urge u 2 always consider d other side of a matter 4 a balance, the university system also has its demerit....Also, i disagree with ur innocent replies, ur post was full of discrimination.

i am nt angry, why will i be angry?

Nd concerning the post, i was very annoyed while writing it, see the amount of money spent in polytechnic, and the one spent in university, i mean the federal ones, u will know what i am talking about.

Compare the amount of money spent in oau, to that of fed poly, u will see how such things pains alot, i paid more in polytechnic compared to university, i bought more books in university compared to the handouts in polytechnic, i was thinking of all this when writing the post, i was so sad seeing how people re been discriminated around, nd a person is trying to blindfold the innocent ones that poly is far better than uni, the problem of Nigeria is that we knw lies, we continue to package our lies just for people to see a smelling truth from our own lies.
Well, i am still nt discriminating, but writing my own experience.

Thank u

(1) (Reply)

How To Print Jamb Result After Exhausting 5 Times Trial / Beautiful Minds: 6 African-american Geniuses That Inspire, Change Lives (pix). / New!!! Admission In Lokoja/ Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.