Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

10 Tips For Upcoming Artistes And Managers - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Tips For Upcoming Artistes And Managers (879 Views)

Nigerian Artistes And The Lip-synching Syndrome / Upcoming Artistes. . . .discuss Here / Nigerian Artistes And Poor Live Performances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips For Upcoming Artistes And Managers by newmusic: 3:17pm On May 13, 2013
I just want to highlight some modest steps to be taken for/ by every upcoming artiste that want to make name in the industry. You have to define where you would like to be in the next 6 months - 1 year after you release your first official single, therefore effective promo is required.

"To promote your song, you must recognize there is financial commitment".

1. Compose and rehearse your song very well, adjust it before hitting the studio.

2. Most upcoming artistes prefer to work with known producers whom they will even beg to pay 50k -100k
per track, but I will advise you to forget the big name producers and work with a producer that will work for you like he is part of your project, the one that will listen to you, that will correct you if needs be. Endeavor to avoid a producer that will tell you "this is how they do it" or "leave it like that" but will never listen to your own opinion. However there are top producers that will give you the best nonetheless.

3. Mix and master your song very well, don't be in a rush to get that track in mp 3 or flash drive.

4. Send your song for preview, let people with taste for good music preview it and tell you their opinions before you choose which track to promote. Make corrections...

5. Your Artwork goes a long way in telling your personality and seriousness. Make sure your artwork is appealing attractive and mature enough to command an attentive look.

6. Map out your strategies on how you want to promote your song, you must pass through these means to make your song known : Bloggers, Mix-tapes aka Alaba Mix and Radio Stations.

7. Remember to also have targeted blogs, you don't have to be on 50 blogs, If you can get your song on 10 most popular blogs, and remember you have to pay for this service. I have seen some upcoming artistes
begging to get their songs promoted for free, remember you paid for studio session, artwork, mix-tapes and radio, so "bloggers too have bills to pay".

8. Target some selected radio stations as well since you can't probably pay every OAPs.
You can also submit your song, but you are on your own if you do that. Better to have rapport with the presenters, pay your duty and they promote and hype your song, everybody is happy.

9. As for mix-tapes target DJs with the widest distribution, remember there is also financial commitment.

10. And finally, don't rush to make a video, I am sure with the highlighted points above, your song would have become a hit, let your name be known at least as a fast rising upcoming artiste before thinking of
shooting a video.

Above all, there is nothing without God, with hard
Re: 10 Tips For Upcoming Artistes And Managers by Nobody: 8:38am On May 15, 2013
Noted!...Thanks alot ...

(1) (Reply)

I Wish Don Jazzy And D’banj Could Work Together Again – Tiwa Savage / Entertainment Business Is Too Much Hype- More Fame Than Fortune Says Bankyw / What Was Your Favorite Music Video In 2013?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.