Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland (31148 Views)

Only Range-Rover Allowed In This Kenyan Wedding (photos) / Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) / King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by funshybam(m): 6:07am On May 14, 2013
Witches’ broomsticks are considered similar to any heavier-than-air transportation device that is airborne, reports The Star.

“A witch on a broomstick should not fly above the [150-metre] limit,” Civil Aviation Authority marketing and corporate affairs director Sabelo Dlamini told the newspaper.

No penalties exist for witches flying below 150 metres.

The report said it was hard to say how serious he was, but witchcraft isn’t a joking matter in Swaziland, where the people believe in it.

The statute also forbids toy helicopters and children’s kites from ascending too high into the country’s airspace.

Dlamini was asked by the Swazi press to explain the country’s aviation laws following the arrest of a private detective, Hunter Shongwe, for operating a toy helicopter equipped with a video camera, of which he boasted using to gather surveillance information similar to the way a drone aircraft operates.

The detective was charged with operating an unregistered aircraft and for failing to appear before his chief to be questioned by traditional authorities about his toy drone, the first of its kind in Swaziland.

Swazi brooms are short bundles of sticks tied together and do not have handles. Swazi witches are known to use them to fling potions about homesteads – but not for transport.

source-
www.timeslive.co.za/africa/2013/05/13/broomstick-flying-witches-to-be-brought-down-in-swaziland

also bbc Africa's Facebook page-

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10151673232250229&id=285361880228&refid=17

3 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by yuzedo: 6:38am On May 14, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by slap1(m): 6:44am On May 14, 2013
The story sounds like it's Made in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by mrman2(m): 7:01am On May 14, 2013
Can't stop laughing.
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 7:04am On May 14, 2013
We need a similar law for "awon iya mi nile tawa" in Nigeria lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 7:05am On May 14, 2013
Southern Africans are a different kind of mad undecided
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by mosunade(f): 7:14am On May 14, 2013
jackbauersballs: Southern Africans are a different kind of mad undecided

what are you trying to say really? Broken English is allowed if you cant speak normal English.

2 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by superbloke(m): 7:17am On May 14, 2013
Cut these guys some slack abeg. Afterall, there's a witches association here that is in support of our president grin
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nosyke(m): 7:32am On May 14, 2013
OMG...this is so funny, I can't stop laughing.
Like seriously..witches?.

I also think that the witches should provide their passenger manifest
with the aviation authority each time they are transporting somebody for security reasons. Again, they shouldn't use WITCHCRAFT of more than 20 years to avoid stories that touch.

15 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 7:32am On May 14, 2013
jackbauersballs: Southern Africans are a different kind of mad undecided
lol true
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 7:37am On May 14, 2013
Bloggers Will not kill us with lies!
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 7:57am On May 14, 2013
GhostMode,You nor dey see Me!___Abeg na how i go take be witch??_I serious oo

1 Like

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 8:23am On May 14, 2013
oyinbo get aircraft.. Africa get witchcraft... Gordons u no lie o

1 Like

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Temismith(f): 8:24am On May 14, 2013
Like seriously? Pls wake MƐ up wen dis ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ For real
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 8:32am On May 14, 2013
Where are they selling the broomstick?? Pls help me, I want to buy my own so as to avoid buying flight ticket. Na ACP broom abi CAN type of broom Jonesing 101 class be this one joor

1 Like

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 8:37am On May 14, 2013
mosun_ade:

what are you trying to say really? Broken English is allowed if you cant speak normal English.

I could explain further.... Or just laugh at the fact that you're the only one on this thread who doesn't get it.

Olodo

16 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 8:45am On May 14, 2013
That country is doomed for destruction, no be lie.

The bible says; suffer not a witch to live cos they are extremely dangerous.
That's why any nation who has his/her foundation on the word of God will always prevail.

Nna na wao.

2 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Tolexander: 8:49am On May 14, 2013
Another funny law from mbabane!

The broom in swaziland is used to hover their atmosphere while the brooms here are used to wipe PDP!

1 Like

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by SlyIg(f): 9:06am On May 14, 2013
I don't understand please.
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 14, 2013
Sabelo Dlamini and their own Stella Odua need to see Baba T.B. Joshua immediately.

They are possesed by the camilla witch demon.

Btw i heard about 2000 ACN members decamped to pdp in one sw state.

I,ll be glad to buy their brooms and export them to them to Swaziland for some cool cash.

2 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by defashan: 12:36pm On May 14, 2013
gbosaa: Sabelo Dlamini and their own Stella Odua need to see Baba T.B. Joshua immediately.

They are possesed by the camilla witch demon.

Btw i heard about 2000 ACN members decamped to pdp in one sw state.

I,ll be glad to buy their brooms and export them to them to Swaziland for some cool cash.

Swazi brooms are short bundles of stick tied together,they do not have handles.sorry you wont make money selling them ours.
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 14, 2013
defashan:

Swazi brooms are short bundles of stick tied together,they do not have handles.sorry you wont make money selling them ours.

You dont have eye for business...those swazi bundles of sticks are Cessna 120..

Acn brooms from sw are a combination of Bombadier Challengers and Gulfstream series.

Trust me i,ll make a killing once i come into mbabane with my first 100 bundles.

7 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by fitzmayowa: 6:15pm On May 14, 2013
Story! Story!! Story!!!
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2013
SlyIg: I don't understand please.

watch harry potter.

1 Like

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by DICKtator: 6:21pm On May 14, 2013
SlyIg: I don't understand please.
You must be a witch for JEsus then
Now take Oyedepo's SLap *Slaps her cheek*
Kindly turn the other, would you?
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by lain: 6:23pm On May 14, 2013
Wonderful!! I think d europeans didnt penetrate deep into southern africa

1 Like

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by ZACHIE: 6:25pm On May 14, 2013
Tonto Dikeh needs this restriction jor
her own too much
flying all over NL frontpages

4 Likes

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by abduldope(m): 6:25pm On May 14, 2013
witch craft de allwed ..... Bros abg easy wit d LIE na cheesy
Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by sylve11: 6:27pm On May 14, 2013
DICKtator:
You must be a witch for JEsus then
Now take Oyedepo's SLap *Slaps her cheek*
Kindly turn the other, would you?
grin grin grin grin

lol! grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland by Ogbodavies(m): 6:27pm On May 14, 2013
please can i book a flight to uk with the broomstickz airline cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) / Duduzane, Jacob Zuma's Son Differs From Father By Launching Pro-Gay Party (PICS) / Russian Plane Crashes On Its Way To Syria. 9 Journalists, 83 Others Aboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.