Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,539 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) (1569 Views)

Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! / CFA Candidates In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by bakre(m): 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2008
Get prepared for CFA December 2008 exam
CFA stands for " Chartered Financial Analyst". It's an exam organised by the CFA Institute for those planning to build a career in the asset management/investment banking industry. It's highly recognised in Europe, America, Australasia and most other developed countries around the world. The exam is a test of both your finance and accounting aptitude and helps you to have a good grasp of the most complex finance concepts including derivatives, CDOs, MBS, ABS, ETFs and much more,
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by candylips(m): 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2008
I dont think the CFA exams are called "diet". They are just called exams
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by bakre(m): 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2008
either diet or exam,the most important thing is to get what i was tyring to convey.
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by lowee231: 7:39am On Apr 24, 2008
The most important thing is to potray accurate information.
Standards VII A and D
Standards I C

Go through your standards
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by bakre(m): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2008
@lowee231
Thanks Lowee,how are u preparing?its been a long time i heard from u guys.How far have u gone?
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by bakre(m): 11:53pm On May 01, 2008
CFA level 1, 2008 LECTURE VIDEO,AUDIO, QBANK,SCHWESER MATERIAL AND TEXAS INSTRUMENT CALCULATOR ,SPECIFICALLY FOR CFA EXAM NOW AVAILABLE @ A DEEP DISCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.CALL TOKUNBO BAKARE 08039307507 or bakaresrainoil@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by chikscfa2: 12:50am On May 08, 2008
HI people, I jus recently joined this site and I must say I pleased to find quite afew of u u smart nigerians doing CFA. Trust me it ll b good 4 ur career in finance.
I am myself are currently sitting the the CFA level 2 exams in JUNE and I worked for a Derivatives advisory firm in london for almost a year as a financial risk analyst, I also value companies with a friend of mine who is a freelance eqiuity research analyst (i bulild the financial models on excel) and I have worked as a finance analyst in an energy for a year.
I am well educated in the UK with BA in accounting & finance & also MSc in Fund management at exeter university.
HOwever despite all this I want to move back to nigeria nad workmin the INvestment banking side preferrably in a M&A or private equity or even trading before setting up my own business a few years later.
Can anyone pls tell what the average salary is for front-office guys in investment banking in nigeria and what the bonuses are like. Naira amount would do just fine.
I would also be happy to advise people on CFA if u need my help. Thanks guys.
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by JazzyPhizzle: 6:01am On May 18, 2008
Chiks, I intend to write CFA in December but I need some answers: LIFA seems cheaper and with centres in Lagos. Do they provide reading materials after you pay like CFA? How did you pay for your CFA exams? By wire or mastercard? Which is more recognized? LIFA or CFA? LIFA seems to celebrate convenience. Is this a fad?
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by bakre(m): 10:37pm On May 22, 2008
yaa,LIFA sends materials like CFA but in PDF.Preferably,i will advice u to go for CFA because of its global recognition
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by candylips(m): 11:03am On May 27, 2008
@chiks-cfa2

Nice to see someone that is actually working in equity research. Most of what is in the curriculum should be familiar to you i guess.
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by bakre(m): 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2008
cfa
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by laplace(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2008
Hi Folks, I'll like to know if any of us has heard of Institute of Financial Analysts of Nigeria (IFAN). I saw their advert for direct membership with N5,000. They claim to have offices in Lagos and Ibadan.
Re: Cfa Candidates on Nairaland(december 2008 exam) by ifGodbe4mi: 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2008
chiks-cfa2:

HI people, I jus recently joined this site and I must say I pleased to find quite afew of u u smart nigerians doing CFA. Trust me it ll b good 4 your career in finance.
I am myself are currently sitting the the CFA level 2 exams in JUNE and I worked for a Derivatives advisory firm in london for almost a year as a financial risk analyst, I also value companies with a friend of mine who is a freelance eqiuity research analyst (i bulild the financial models on excel) and I have worked as a finance analyst in an energy for a year.
I am well educated in the UK with BA in accounting & finance & also MSc in Fund management at exeter university.
HOwever despite all this I want to move back to nigeria nad workmin the INvestment banking side preferrably in a M&A or private equity or even trading before setting up my own business a few years later.
Can anyone please tell what the average salary is for front-office guys in investment banking in nigeria and what the bonuses are like. Naira amount would do just fine.
I would also be happy to advise people on CFA if u need my help. Thanks guys.
@chiks-cfa2

Hi Chiks for you to want to come back to Niga, i feel it would be a bit early, the major investment banks in Niga are IBTC asset management, UBA global markets, Renaissance Capital, Afrinvest, VETIVA, Chapel Hill and capital market subsidiaries for the top 10 banks, i am coming over to the UK this september for the MSc in FAFM in Exeter and i would like us to meet for lunch or see over the weekend, as for details of bonus and salary scales i have no info, but i feel u shd get some 2-3 years experience from the UK before coming back home, my email addy is afotex@gmail.com, looking forward to hearing from you, cheers!

(1) (Reply)

I'm Serious, How Can I Find My Talent Or Something To Do? How Did You Find Yours / Qatar 5 years work permit within just 10 working days. / Electronic Document/records Management Technologies Seminar In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.