Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,005 members, 7,953,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

3D Printer Now Prints 3D Guns. [PICTURED] - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 3D Printer Now Prints 3D Guns. [PICTURED] (646 Views)

The Magical 3D Printer, The Upcoming Technology / Help: Refilled Printer Ink Catridge Prints Light / : My Printer-hp Psc 1315 Only Prints Pictures: I'v Changed The Toner: Its A Printer/photocopier/s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3D Printer Now Prints 3D Guns. [PICTURED] by Hackomania(m): 5:34pm On May 14, 2013
Ok! 3D Printing is fully here. And it is being used in home made firearms. There are lots of articles on what 3D printing is, you can find them at the end of this post. But we shall be showing you pictures of the world’s first 3D printed gun – The Liberator – a gun that you can make at the comfort of your home, and has raised (and will continue to raise legal issues in many countries).

Courtesy of Forbes magazine, Defense Distributed, the company responsible for producing this beauty, showed to us a little dis-assembly. Enjoy the pictures

Unboxing the Liberator
Simple, easy to create. In fact its body can be printed overnight.

Purely plastic
Fifteen out of sixteen parts of the liberator is made of plastic.

The 3D printer used to design the Liberator
The gun was even printed with a second-hand Stratasys Dimension SST. pictured above. It’s barely the size of a fridge.

The only non-plastic part is a common hardware store nail used as the firing pin. DD advises though, that the barrel (white cylinder at the bottom of the picture) be treated with acetone to reduce the bore’s friction.

Firing the liberator
Cool isn’t it?
So, what are your thoughts? Security agencies requested the blueprints posted online by DD be taken off, but hundreds of thousands of copies are already online as we speak. This means that with just a printer, and this blueprint, you can print a gun overnight. Good news, or bad news? Let’s hear your views.
Full story here
http://echo.com.ng/2013/the-liberator-gun-disassembly/

Abeg I wan order my own Stratasys Dimension SST 3D printer, make I print one small undetectable handgun make I use visit Aso Rock. All those people wey no gree resign or step down must fall down, by fire or by plastic. grin

(1) (Reply)

Beta Don Land In Naija, Get Laptops For As Low As 20k / Is My Laptop Affected By A Virus? / E-book Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.