Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

BBM On Iphone And Andriod, Full Breakdown And What You Need To Know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BBM On Iphone And Andriod, Full Breakdown And What You Need To Know (831 Views)

Download Now PES 2016 For Android, BB, IPhone And PC Using PPSSPP / BBM on iPhone and related issues / BBM On Android And Related Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BBM On Iphone And Andriod, Full Breakdown And What You Need To Know by xcubed(m): 11:34pm On May 14, 2013
This was also posted on my blog http://kmlounge..com earlier today and hopes it makes front page.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-V2TxaCH68LE/UZKSbGN9f8I/AAAAAAAAACM/0Kf8PwfX-C4/s1600/120085-640.png[/img]

Finally after waiting about three years, i posted news about this in 2010. BBM is finally or supposedly becoming cross platform and will be launching on iOS 6 and Andriod 4 devices, it's safe to say basically iPhones and Samsungs for now.

So here is the juice. BBM will be subject to approval, now Apple has iMessage but this lacks a lot of features like blocking contacts, having a Display Photo and likes and which they are not trying to improve or enhance on but since it doesn't require an external app to be used it fits in quite perfectly and works for me and virtually everyone, but i don't think this will pass the App Store approval, remember how long it took Google Maps app to be approved? if not for pressure. But fingers crossed anyways.

Whatsapp on the other hand is also available to almost all mobile devices BUT costs a little amount of money, even though the amount is insignificant not all will pay for it especially when it expires (BB Users) anyways and this is where BBM wins.

What to expect

In the first version of multi-platform BBM, iOS and Android users are expected to be able to experience the following BBM features:

● The immediacy of BBM chats
● Multi-person chats
● Voice note sharing
● BlackBerry Groups, where BBM users are able to set up groups of up to 30 people and share calendar, photos, files and more
*Voice chat to be included in later updates

RIM said "BBM is loved by customers for its “D” and “R” statuses, which show up in chats to let people know with certainty that their message has been delivered and read. It provides customers with a high level of control and privacy over who they add to their contact list and how they engage with them, as invites are two-way opt-in. iOS and Android users would be able to add their contacts through PIN, email, SMS or QR code scan, regardless of platform. Android users would also be able to connect using a compatible NFC-capable device."

Andrew Bocking, Executive Vice President, Software Product Management and Ecosystem, at BlackBerry had this to say:
“For BlackBerry, messaging and collaboration are inseparable from the mobile experience, and the time is definitely right for BBM to become a multi-platform mobile service. BBM has always been one of the most engaging services for BlackBerry customers, enabling them to easily connect while maintaining a valued level of personal privacy. We’re excited to offer iOS and Android users the possibility to join the BBM community.”

Source: Me, iclarified, BlackBerry/Blog

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Fifa 12 Play On N3 Without Hanging / Unlock Codes For A Samsung GT-S5570 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.