Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,972 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Sunny Ade’s Guitarist Sentenced To 3yrs In Jail For Cocaine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sunny Ade’s Guitarist Sentenced To 3yrs In Jail For Cocaine (635 Views)

Two Nigerians Arrested In Thailand For Cocaine Production In Their House / NDLEA Arrests Two Suspects For Cocaine Trafficking (Pictured) / Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunny Ade’s Guitarist Sentenced To 3yrs In Jail For Cocaine by Latestnignew(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2013
One of Nigeria's veteran guitarist, Fatoke Abiodun, was on Tuesday sentenced to three years imprisonment for drug trafficking at the Federal High Court, Lagos. The 62-year-old Abiodun was a guitarist with King Sunny Ade, Nigeria's foremost musician.

Prior to the judgment, defence counsel, Mr. Bayo Onifade, pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy as Abiodun is a husband of three wives with 12 children.

Abiodun had pleaded guilty to one count of unlawful exportation of 1.575kg of cocaine during his trial in February 26, 2013.

Justice S. Seidu sentenced him to three years imprisonment with effect from the date of arrest. He said, “The appeal of the defence counsel has been taken into consideration and the fact that the convict pleaded guilty as charged without wasting the time of the court was also carefully considered.”

It would be recalled that Abiodun was apprehended by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on January 1, 2013, at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

Abiodun, who played guitar for music star, King Sunny Ade, for over three decades, was caught while attempting to board an Air France flight to Italy.

During a search, two parcels of cocaine weighing 1.575kg were found hidden in the false bottom of his luggage.

Abiodun had blamed poverty for his predicament. He said:

“My music career is a sad story. I played for King Sunny Ade for 30 years before I was unceremoniously retired in 2007 without severance benefit. I was unprepared for it and I saw the bitter side of life. This is my first time of trafficking drugs. I did it out of frustration because at my age, I could not provide for my family.”

Source: [url]latestnignews..com/2013/05/sunny-adepopular-musician-sentence-to.html#more[/url]

Re: Sunny Ade’s Guitarist Sentenced To 3yrs In Jail For Cocaine by CLASSMAN: 10:07am On May 15, 2013
CAN U PLEASE CHANGE UR HEADING PLS, ITS MIS LEADING
Re: Sunny Ade’s Guitarist Sentenced To 3yrs In Jail For Cocaine by jmaine: 10:10am On May 15, 2013
Mischievous thread title . . .OP, quickly change your thread title to reflect it true content angry
Re: Sunny Ade’s Guitarist Sentenced To 3yrs In Jail For Cocaine by Queendo(f): 10:15am On May 15, 2013
what a misleading topic.
Re: Sunny Ade’s Guitarist Sentenced To 3yrs In Jail For Cocaine by Noiseless2: 10:33am On May 15, 2013
Thanks to the tribalistic and evil media that have been providing cover up for some parts of this hell hole called nagiria for many years, by now it would have been made known the parts of the country where these addicted old drug trafficking trainers originated, but no way their owners will loot the country dry to have enough money to buy up the real truth and bury it under.
Re: Sunny Ade’s Guitarist Sentenced To 3yrs In Jail For Cocaine by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:41am On May 15, 2013
Noiseless2: Thanks to the tribalistic and evil media that have been providing cover up for some parts of this hell hole called nagiria for many years, by now it would have been made known the parts of the country where these addicted old drug trafficking trainers originated, but no way their owners will loot the country dry to have enough money to buy up the real truth and bury it under.

Nwanne,you don't have to dance naked with mad people in the open square. Don't waste your time with jobless dimwits.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Accountant Stabbed To Death At Her Home In The UK / Wife Tells Lover To Kill Husband Because Of Good Bed Performance / Spiritualist Accused Of N8.7m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.