Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Best 3 Universities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best 3 Universities In Nigeria (1424 Views)

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. / List Of Fake Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best 3 Universities In Nigeria by Jaykizz(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2013
Nigeria as a country has a lot of Tertiary Institutions. Some are ranked at the top while some ranked below. However, it is a known fact that the Nigerian Tertiary Education system is seriously dwindling with the best in Nigeria ranked at over 5000th position in the world, while the next best ranked a little above 7000th position in the world. Asides this fact, we all know that regardless of all this stats, we tend to do more theories than practicals in practical oriented courses - reason because equipments/materials needed for practicals by the students are not fully in existence in most schools(which shows why we are seriously down the ladder).
However, some tertiary institutions still try as much as possible to give their students the best education with whatever resources they have.
On this note, I'll like to name my three best tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Note that my choices also coincide with the choices of the University Education Board in Nigeria over the past two(2) decades. That means my choices have been proved and authentic. They are:

1. OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY (absolutely the best and only peeps a bit ahead the next best).

2. UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN (is there any two schools that can be up there apart 4rm this two schools? We all know the answer).

3. UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (might be a controversial decision to many but UNILAG peeps ahead the others in its rank such as: UNIBEN, UNI-ILORIN, UNN, ABU...).

I believe there is nothing new about this list and every1 here knows that the private schools can't be in Nigeria's top ten; not for now..., in 3decades time? may be.
So, if you have a child, son/daughter, or you are a mentor to someone, and you find yourself in the position to advise that person who is seeking admission, advise him/her to go for the very best so that he can get the best out of himself/herself.

(1) (Reply)

Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer / Fedpoly Ado Admission Latest News And Acomodation / MAUTECH To Resume On Monday, September 1, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.