Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? (16176 Views)

Greece, Philosophy, And The Afrocentric Obsession With Ancient Egypt / Did West Africans Develop Cast Iron In Pre-colonial Times? / Afrocentric Examination Of Greek Philosophy - Stolen Legacy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by thoth: 3:46am On Aug 12, 2013
Stranglehold: That post wasn't even for you. Why didn't you respond to the post that was for YOU. Couldn't refute it? grin

Again as of yet have been able to refute my claim. But more side stepping and projection. Again its obvious you know nothing on this subject. Again if race is genetically defined then why can every group on this earth trace their roots back to Africa

Why have you guys not been able to refute that with sources but ignore it? And I also already stated that phenotypes(different looks) are due to adaptation to environment.
http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/phenotypic-range-of-gene-expression-environmental-influence-581

And I took you people if that Malaysian girl is African then post a genetic study that shows negrito Malaysians carry African admixture or haplogroups. You guys still have not done that as of yet. You can ignore it as you said, but its not going to help your argument.

Just give up...You know very little of this subject yet you're trying to combat someone who knows more on it than you. Physical features are just adaptations to environments. The first Europeans looked like Africans or Indians but due to living in cold environments. Their tropical body plans were not needed so they adapted to a colder one. Pale skin is needed in cold environments. That Malaysian girl and other Negrito Malaysians live in tropical environment like Africans so they retained their physical features unlike Europeans.

Again if race IS genetically defined than why can all groups of the world trace their roots back to Africa Back to those first OOA migrates.

Again you know little of this subject. Stop trying to combat me.

I think you missed my stance from the beginning, i already told you several times that I as an African man does not assume a position which does not relate to what i perceive and can relate to realistically in my life, you kept trying to drag me into your anthropological haze and i will keep refusing to be sucked into it.

I told you i am not an Anthropologist and i never claimed to be an expert in Anthropology but i should affirm that your being well versed in Anthropology does not mean you can override my common sense or twist my perceptions of reality.

Einsten was a great scientist but if he were to come and tell me that according to some law of physics that i am not sitting down(as i am sure i am ) but standing then i do have all rights to question his claim since it does not confirm to my perceptions. I believe we need some honest thought to tell ourselves whom is to be believed more, a man that is told that the sky is blue or the man who saw that the sky is blue(i don't know whether you understand that).

At the end of the day; we ourselves knows that race exist, defined by the genes we carry which propagates those features by which has been used to classify us racially. Your Anthropology is superficial in this context since it does not assist us in any way.

The two black men i drank with yesterday might not be a negro according to your Anthropological classifications, One was extremely fair with straight nose,jaw and yellowish brown eyes while the other one was thin and looked Caucasian in every way except that he was dark skinned. the Fair one was an Igbo from Imo state and the other one From Papua near Australia and an Aborigine. Nobody ever differentiated us, we were called Negros and that is the truth, the Aborigine man sees himself as a Negro, came to Meetings for Negros, was part of Negro Organizations and talks like a Negro.That is reality.
All your science does not make sense to me as i told you in the beginning and i will tell you again that i am not interested in anything that does not relate to my reality, you should wait for Horus or birdman to discuss your Genetics with them.

4 Likes

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by birdman(m): 5:15am On Aug 12, 2013
thoth:
The two black men i drank with yesterday might not be a negro according to your Anthropological classifications, One was extremely fair with straight nose,jaw and yellowish brown eyes while the other one was thin and looked Caucasian in every way except that he was dark skinned. the Fair one was an Igbo from Imo state and the other one From Papua near Australia and an Aborigine. Nobody ever differentiated us, we were called Negros and that is the truth, the Aborigine man sees himself as a Negro, came to Meetings for Negros, was part of Negro Organizations and talks like a Negro.That is reality.

Well put. Dr stranglehold, carry on in your "genetic reality"

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by birdman(m): 5:15am On Aug 12, 2013
*Kails*:
genetics talks on sundaaay
that's the sh--t i don't like!

*shakes dreads* grin

lol. slow sunday huh?

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 12, 2013
birdman:

lol. slow sunday huh?

it was very slow bruv grin and still is. tongue
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by AlyricistLaura: 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
*Kails*:

SOME anthropologists you mean. grin
there is a hell of a lot of white bias in anthropology.
they will say that physical similarities do not unify a race WHEN IT COMES TO BLACKS but when it comes whites...

grin grin grin

not only do they "ignore" their differences but they also include others into their "group". grin grin grin

The Original Caucasoids did not have White Skin

Proto Caucasoids were not "White Skinned"

What produced Fixed White Skin on Caucasoids.....The Glaciers

You have numerous post on this forum where you continue to claim that ...

"Eurocentrics are trying to Claim Arabs as Caucasoid"

"Europeans are claiming that Whites Ventured down into The Middle East and Became Dark"

No

Please stop saying that

It's the Other Way Around

The Caucasoid was Brown until the Ice Age.

I have explained this before to you

Whites are not the Original Caucasoids

Fixed White Skin is a Morph of the Glaciers

Your Entire Mentality and Point of View when Discussing Genetics is Always Centered around "What Whites Say"

That's a Black American Trait that you have to stop.

Fixed White Skin, is an Adaptation of the Glaciers.

The Original Caucasoids were NOT White Skinned, Therefor, your claims that its a conspiracy for Europeans to Group "Asians"(Arab Pen) as "Whites" is So Far Beyond Crazy, It's a Point of View only a Black American Afrocentric Would even utter

Because Scientific and Historical Timeline with Regards to Data Shows when and Why Fixed White Skin Came About

For Fhuck Sakes Please Stop Writing that Ignorant Shitt
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by morpheus24: 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
^^^^^

Classic Carltoon coon jibberish, who by the way avoided the terminology "negroid" and opted for "congoid" yet many idiots still use that term in a derogatory fashion to denote African peoples.

notation; White people are caucasian...... other people with similar skull skapes are anthropolodically designated "caucasoid".....right right .. no bias at all

From now on the great morphes anthropologically labels the following individuals as "Africoids"

Nonsense science!

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by RandomAfricanAm: 8:16am On Sep 11, 2013
Damn, yall trying to make me come back and post.

Thor Heyerdahl (October 6, 1914 – April 18, 2002) was a Norwegian ethnographer and adventurer with a background in biology, zoology, botany and geography. He became notable for his Kon-Tiki expedition in 1947, in which he sailed 8,000 km (5,000 mi) across the Pacific Ocean in a self-built raft from South America to the Tuamotu Islands. The expedition was designed to demonstrate that ancient people could have made long sea voyages, creating contacts between apparently separate cultures. This was linked to a diffusionist model of cultural development. Heyerdahl subsequently made other voyages designed to demonstrate the possibility of contact between widely separated ancient peoples. He was appointed a government scholar in 1984.

Boats Ra and Ra II
In 1969 and 1970, Heyerdahl built two boats from papyrus and attempted to cross the Atlantic Ocean from Morocco in Africa. Based on drawings and models from ancient Egypt, the first boat, named Ra (after the Egyptian Sun god), was constructed by boat builders from Lake Chad using papyrus reed obtained from Lake Tana in Ethiopia and launched into the Atlantic Ocean from the coast of Morocco. The Ra crew included Thor Heyerdahl (Norway), Norman Baker (USA), Carlo Mauri (Italy), Yuri Senkevich (USSR), Santiago Genoves (Mexico), Georges Sourial (Egypt) and Abdullah Djibrine (Chad). Only Heyerdahl and Baker had sailing and navigation experiences. After a number of weeks, Ra took on water after its crew made modifications to the vessel that caused it to sag and break apart after sailing more than 4000 miles. The crew was forced to abandon Ra some hundred miles before Caribbean islands and was saved by a yacht.

The following year, 1970, another similar vessel, Ra II, was built by Demetrio from totora, Juan and Jose Limachi from Lake Titicaca in Bolivia and likewise set sail across the Atlantic from Morocco. The crew was mostly the same, only Djibrine had been replaced by Japanese Kei Ohara and Madani Ait Ouhanni (from Morocco). The boat successfully reached Barbados, thus demonstrating that mariners could have dealt with trans-Atlantic voyages by sailing with the Canary Current.[22]

The book The Ra Expeditions and the film documentary Ra (1972) were made about the voyages. Apart from the primary aspects of the expedition, Heyerdahl deliberately selected a crew representing a great diversity in race, nationality, religion and political viewpoint in order to demonstrate that at least on their own little floating island, people could cooperate and live peacefully. Additionally, the expedition took samples of marine pollution and presented their report to the United Nations.

[img]http://www.kon-tiki.no/Images/kon-tiki%20nye%20nett/ra/Ra1_373.4small.jpg[/img]
RA 1 (1969)
Thor Heyerdahl built this 45 foot long copy of an ancient Egyptian papyrus vessel in 1969 with the aid of members of the Burundi tribe from Chad in Central Africa. Constructed at the foot of the Pyramids and named after the sun god Ra, it was later transported to Safi in Morocco, from where it set sail for Barbados.After around 3,000 miles there were problems with the construction of the stern, which could not take the strain. Just a short distance from Barbados the ship had to be abandoned.
[img]http://www.kon-tiki.no/Images/kon-tiki%20nye%20nett/ra/ra1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kon-tiki.no/Images/kon-tiki%20nye%20nett/ra/ra2.jpg[/img]
Ra 2 (1970)

On 17th May 1970, the reed boat Ra II set sail from Safi in Morocco on course for Barbados. With this expedition Thor Heyerdahl wanted to prove that one could have used this type of vessel to cross the Atlantic Ocean in ancient times. 57 days and 3,270 nautical miles, 6,100 km, later the 8-man crew could show the entire world that people of different cultures and religions, from different nations, had managed to work together under stressful, difficult conditions towards a common goal. A mere year earlier, the first Ra expedition had almost made it across the Atlantic Ocean. With only a week remaining a construction fault resulted in the expedition having to be abandoned.

Thor Heyerdahl had used wall paintings of papyrus vessels from ancient Egyptian burial sites and reliefs in Mesopotamia, the Indus Valley and Central and South America as his starting points for the construction of his first reed boat, Ra. Thor Heyerdahl also believed as early as the expedition to Easter Island in 1955-1956 that he had discovered reliefs of reed boats with masts and sails on statues and paintings on stone slabs. Could it be that not only balsa rafts, but also reed boats could have carried people over wide expanses of ocean? Ra and Ra II were named after the sun god Ra and sailed under the flag of the UN. Thor Heyerdahl also wrote a book about the Ra expeditions and the film was nominated for an Oscar.
[img]http://www.kon-tiki.no/Images/kon-tiki%20nye%20nett/ra/Ra1og2VoyageMapSmall.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEFWr5svgX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JID--UJ7oMw
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by PAPAAFRICA: 8:44am On Sep 11, 2013
RandomAfricanAm:

illustration of Mansa Abu Bakr II's voyage using reed boats.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-21BjbP6d_VQ/UM1228A7vTI/AAAAAAAAA6E/j5CZcF27-Bk/s640/burns+4.jpg[/img]
but did the malian empire use reed boats? i need a primary source if they did.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by RandomAfricanAm: 9:58am On Sep 11, 2013
BBC NEWS
Wednesday, 13 December, 2000, 22:27 GMT

Africa's 'greatest explorer'
By Joan Baxter in Mali

An African emperor who ruled Mali in the 14th century discovered America nearly 200 years before Christopher Columbus, according to a book to be launched this month. Abubakari II ruled what was arguably the richest and largest empire on earth - covering nearly all of West Africa. According to a Malian scholar, Gaoussou Diawara in his book, 'The Saga of Abubakari II...he left with 2000 boats', the emperor gave up all power and gold to pursue knowledge and discovery. Abubakari's ambition was to explore whether the Atlantic Ocean - like the great River Niger that swept through Mali - had another 'bank'. In 1311, he handed the throne over to his brother, Kankou Moussa, and set off on an expedition into the unknown. His predecessor and uncle, Soundjata Keita, had already founded the Mali empire and conquered a good stretch of the Sahara Desert and the great forests along the West African coast.

Gold fields
The book also focuses on a research project being carried out in Mali tracing Abubakari's journeys. "We are not saying that Abubakari II was the first ever to cross the ocean," says Tiemoko Konate, who heads the project "There is evidence that the Vikings were in America long before him, as well as the Chinese," he said. The researchers claim that Abubakari's fleet of pirogues, loaded with men and women, livestock, food and drinking water, departed from what is the coast of present-day Gambia. They are gathering evidence that in 1312 Abubakari II landed on the coast of Brazil in the place known today as Recife. "Its other name is Purnanbuco, which we believe is an aberration of the Mande name for the rich gold fields that accounted for much of the wealth of the Mali Empire, Boure Bambouk." Another researcher, Khadidjah Djire says they have found written accounts of Abubakari's expedition in Egypt, in a book written by Al Omari in the 14th century. "Our aim is to bring out hidden parts of history", she says.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Bx6nc3BiV9I/UUy7UUlD73I/AAAAAAAAVII/r-wKWkFKBMY/s320/map_recife.gif[/img]

Black traders
Mr Konate says they are also examining reports by Columbus, himself, who said he found black traders already present in the Americas. They also cite chemical analyses of the gold tips that Columbus found on spears in the Americas, which show that the gold probably came from West Africa. But the scholars say the best sources of information on Abubakari II are Griots - the original historians in Africa. Mr Diawara says the paradox of Abubakari II, is that the Griots themselves imposed a seal of silence on the story. "The Griots found his abdication a shameful act, not worthy of praise," Mr Diawara said. "For that reason they have refused to sing praise or talk of this great African man." Mr Diawara says the Griots in West Africa such as Sadio Diabate, are slowly starting to divulge the secrets on Abubakari II.

'Hard-nosed historians'
But the research team says an even bigger challenge is to convince hard-nosed historians elsewhere that oral history can be just as accurate as written records. Mr Diawara believes Abubakari's saga has an important moral lesson for leaders of small nation states in West Africa, which were once part of the vast Mande-speaking empire. "Look at what's going on in all the remnants of that empire, in Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea. "Politicians are bathing their countries in blood, setting them on fire just so that they can cling to power," says Mr Diawara. "They should take an example from Abubakari II. He was a far more powerful man than any of them. And he was willing to give it all up in the name of science and discovery." "That should be a lesson for everyone in Africa today," concludes Mr Diawara.

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41qSadSeWRL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-70,22_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg[/img]
If you can read french
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by RandomAfricanAm: 10:58am On Sep 11, 2013

Hannes Lindemann (born 28 December 1922) is a German doctor, navigator and sailor. He made two solo transatlantic crossings, one in a sailing dugout canoe made while working in Liberia and the second in a 17-foot Klepper Aerius II double folding kayak, modified to carry two masts and an outrigger. His book Alone at Sea[1] documents the trips, which were totally unassisted. He was motivated to make the trips by an interest in how the human body and mind respond to survival at sea, a theme which the Kon-Tiki (1947) and Alain Bombard (1952) explored in earlier ocean voyages.

His kayak was delivered to the Canary Islands, before sailing to the Caribbean. He very rarely paddled, though used a paddle when rudders broke. He carried 154 pounds (70 kg) of supplies, much of it canned comestibles, some of which he ditched on setting out as the kayak was too heavy. He caught fish and gathered rainwater to supplement his rations. The 3,000-mile (4,800 km) crossing to St. Martin took him 72 days. Towards the end of that trip he encountered storms of "wind force 8, gusting to force 9" when he capsized twice during a period of hallucinations brought on by fatigue and sleep deprivation. At times he described what might be described as trantric or altered states – safe in the cocoon of his sodden kayak while storms raged around him for days. He was convinced that in a survival situation the mind gave up long before the body (or indeed the craft), and to help accomplish the second trip he trained himself in sleep deprivation as well as mentally, which he described at times as prayer, meditation, autogenic training and ingraining his sub-conscious with affirmational mottos like "I will make it" and "Keep going west".

News Footage
http://www.britishpathe.com/video/dr-hannes-lindemann-arrives-home-after-sailing-the

http://archive.org/stream/aloneatsea006429mbp
The book

Translatlantic Voyage in a Liberian Dugout Canoe
[img]http://4.bp..com/-ceMXFSTTcDM/Uh-XsdR3IqI/AAAAAAAAIR8/Pa6rVOiiIiI/s320/Hannes-Lindemann+at+84.jpg[/img]

Dr. Hannes Lindemann is well-known to historically-minded kayakers for his east-to-west solo crossing of the Atlantic Ocean in a folding kayak in 1956-57. Less famous is his similar solo crossing just one year previous in a dugout canoe. We'll focus on Lindemann's dugout journey here; we'll address his kayak voyage, along with some other transoceanic kayak adventures, in a future post.

Lindemann, a German physician, was working in a Liberian plantation clinic for the Firestone Rubber Company in the mid-1950s when he began to solidify his long-held dream of a solo Atlantic crossing. He had previously met Alain Bombard, a Frenchman who had crossed the Atlantic in an inflatable raft in 1952 to test his theory that it was possible to survive "shipwreck" situations without fresh water by obtaining fluids from fish and drinking limited amounts of sea water. Bombard claimed that his voyage was completed under just those conditions, but Lindemann was skeptical, and he decided to test Bombard's theory.

After some unsuccessful attempts to have a dugout canoe built for him by local Liberian labor, Lindemann purchased a used canoe in questionable condition. It measured 23.5 feet LOA, with a beam of 29.9 inches, and it "had holes in the stern and bow, and in the bottom where it had lain on the ground. Also fungus growth had softened the wood somewhat," he wrote in Alone at Sea. But Lindemann thought the mahogany hull still essentially sound, and determined to repair its deficiencies. He named it Liberia II, the original Liberia being the first boat that he had attempted to have built for him locally, but which was accidentally burned.

Like Tilikum, Captain John Voss's ocean-crossing dugout canoe, Liberia II was a far cry from the original native design once Lindemann was done preparing it for sea. Lindemann planed the bottom of the hull flat, sheathed it with fiberglass, and attached a external keel 11.5 feet long and 5.1" deep and containing 250 lb. of lead. He "spanned her width with bent lengths of iron" (by which I assume he refers to internal frames), added fiberglass-covered plywood decks with a cockpit opening near the stern, and bulkheads enclosing watertight containers in the ends. On the exterior, he installed 10-inch thick cork sponsons near the waterline to reduce rolling. He writes that at this stage, the canoe "resembled the pirogues of the Carib Indians." Upon launching, the boat proved top-heavy, which Lindemann attempted to correct by the addition of bagged sand as internal ballast.

Lindemann's description of his rig is sketchy and confusing. It was apparently a sloop, with an ironwood mast that was stiff enough to "run even in the Gulf of Guinea without a backstay." Depending upon the point of sail, Lindemann had two mainsails from which to choose, a squaresail and a gaff, both of nine square yards, and a jib of three square yards. The boom, which was made of "rare red camwood, which warps even less than mahogany," could be rotated to reef the gaff mainsail. A rudder, controlled with cables, could be steered with either the hands via a tiller or by foot.

A 3-horsepower outboard engine was ruined when the boat capsized at the dock before the start of the voyage. Lindemann jettisoned the engine but made no other modifications to improve the boat's stability before setting off from Liberia in February, 1955.

This first voyage was a dismal failure. The boat proved unstable and prone to excessive rolling, and the rudder was too small to control it with the wind abeam. Apparently having forgotten to bring his antimalarial drugs, Lindemann was struck by a recurrence of malaria while underway and tossed most of his provisions overboard during a hallucinatory fit. The trip ended in Ghana just 17 days after it had begun.

Undeterred, Lindemann shipped the boat to Hamburg where he had a shipyard replace the internal ballast with additional external ballast, build a larger rudder, and add "a four-inch wide plank … around the cockpit so that I could sit there in comfort." It's unclear to me if this plank constituted a cockpit combing or a narrow cockpit seat. He then shipped the boat to Oporto and set off again in May on his second transatlantic attempt in four months.

Although his first attempt had demonstrated to him in just two and a half weeks that drinking salt-water was damaging to his health, Lindemann decided to resume the experiment. His daily liquid ration now consisted of seven ounces of sea water and "almost a quart and a half of other liquids [including evaporated milk and mineral water mixed with red wine]. By the second day edemata [i.e., edema, the accumulation of liquids between the cells] had developed, which soon extended up to my knees."

This second attempt was no more successful than the first. The rudder broke two days after a stop in Morocco; Lindemann determined that the new rudder design was too large, and he cut it down and reinstalled it. He lost it altogether shortly thereafter, along with both of his sea anchors. Steering with a paddle for 14 days, he made landfall in Villa Cisneros, in Spanish West Africa.

Lindemann wrote:

"During that time, my daily intake of sea water had been ten and a half fluid ounces, which I swallowed in doses of one and three-fourths fluid ounces six times a day, and now my feet and legs were swollen in spite of rest and exercises. I had proved to myself that there is no advantage to drinking salt water; it can, in fact, weaken a sailor's physical condition at a time when he needs all his strength."

Although this seems obvious now, this may be judging with the benefit of hindsight and the advantage of modern knowledge gained from experiments like those of Lindemann himself. On the other hand, I believe that the unhealthful effects of drinking saltwater had been recognized by sailors for millennia, though perhaps not scientifically demonstrated until after Bombard had promulgated his theory.

Lindemann shipped Liberia II from Villa Cisneros to Las Palmas, in the Canary Islands, where he again had a shipyard greatly enlarge the rudder and massively reinforce it. He also had made new sails and a canvas spray cover with an iron frame. Shipping a spare mast and oar, he relaunched in October.

For the next 18 days, Lindemann satisfied his fluid needs entirely from the juice of the apples and oranges he consumed. After discarding the remaining rotting fruit, he "switched to a daily liquid intake of fourteen ounces of evaporated milk and a mixture of one and a half pints of mineral water and a bit less than a half pint of red wine." He ate a raw onion daily which, he says, contained enough vitamins to prevent scurvy. He also ate a can of meat and six mouthfuls of honey daily, some other canned rations which are not clearly listed in his account, and frequently caught fish and ate them raw.

Although his boat was still far from perfect, this time it was good enough. "My narrow canoe rolled and yawed so badly that I usually took in the gaff sail and went under square sail at night." Following a tortuous voyage, Lindemann landed in St. Croix some time between December 29 and 31 (the account is unclear). He recuperated for ten days, then embarked again and sailed through a vicious storm to Haiti, thus completing his intended voyage, in a roundabout way, from the first Negro republic in the Old World (Liberia) to the first one in the New World.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by IAMTHEONE: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

The Original Caucasoids did not have White Skin

Proto Caucasoids were not "White Skinned"

What produced Fixed White Skin on Caucasoids.....The Glaciers

You have numerous post on this forum where you continue to claim that ...

"Eurocentrics are trying to Claim Arabs as Caucasoid"

"Europeans are claiming that Whites Ventured down into The Middle East and Became Dark"

No

Please stop saying that

It's the Other Way Around

The Caucasoid was Brown until the Ice Age.

I have explained this before to you

Whites are not the Original Caucasoids

Fixed White Skin is a Morph of the Glaciers

Your Entire Mentality and Point of View when Discussing Genetics is Always Centered around "What Whites Say"

That's a Black American Trait that you have to stop.

Fixed White Skin, is an Adaptation of the Glaciers.

The Original Caucasoids were NOT White Skinned, Therefor, your claims that its a conspiracy for Europeans to Group "Asians"(Arab Pen) as "Whites" is So Far Beyond Crazy, It's a Point of View only a Black American Afrocentric Would even utter

Because Scientific and Historical Timeline with Regards to Data Shows when and Why Fixed White Skin Came About

For Fhuck Sakes Please Stop Writing that Ignorant Shitt

Glad to see Carltoon coon's science gibberish still very much alive!!
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
Thanks RandomAfricanAm for actually getting back on topic.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
Now this below is quite interesting....

Im still a bit skeptical that the first ppl to reach the americas were blacks BUT the idea that egyptian style boats could have made it is quite awesome.

RandomAfricanAm: Damn, yall trying to make me come back and post.

Thor Heyerdahl (October 6, 1914 – April 18, 2002) was a Norwegian ethnographer and adventurer with a background in biology, zoology, botany and geography. He became notable for his Kon-Tiki expedition in 1947, in which he sailed 8,000 km (5,000 mi) across the Pacific Ocean in a self-built raft from South America to the Tuamotu Islands. The expedition was designed to demonstrate that ancient people could have made long sea voyages, creating contacts between apparently separate cultures. This was linked to a diffusionist model of cultural development. Heyerdahl subsequently made other voyages designed to demonstrate the possibility of contact between widely separated ancient peoples. He was appointed a government scholar in 1984.

Boats Ra and Ra II
In 1969 and 1970, Heyerdahl built two boats from papyrus and attempted to cross the Atlantic Ocean from Morocco in Africa. Based on drawings and models from ancient Egypt, the first boat, named Ra (after the Egyptian Sun god), was constructed by boat builders from Lake Chad using papyrus reed obtained from Lake Tana in Ethiopia and launched into the Atlantic Ocean from the coast of Morocco. The Ra crew included Thor Heyerdahl (Norway), Norman Baker (USA), Carlo Mauri (Italy), Yuri Senkevich (USSR), Santiago Genoves (Mexico), Georges Sourial (Egypt) and Abdullah Djibrine (Chad). Only Heyerdahl and Baker had sailing and navigation experiences. After a number of weeks, Ra took on water after its crew made modifications to the vessel that caused it to sag and break apart after sailing more than 4000 miles. The crew was forced to abandon Ra some hundred miles before Caribbean islands and was saved by a yacht.

The following year, 1970, another similar vessel, Ra II, was built by Demetrio from totora, Juan and Jose Limachi from Lake Titicaca in Bolivia and likewise set sail across the Atlantic from Morocco. The crew was mostly the same, only Djibrine had been replaced by Japanese Kei Ohara and Madani Ait Ouhanni (from Morocco). The boat successfully reached Barbados, thus demonstrating that mariners could have dealt with trans-Atlantic voyages by sailing with the Canary Current.[22]

The book The Ra Expeditions and the film documentary Ra (1972) were made about the voyages. Apart from the primary aspects of the expedition, Heyerdahl deliberately selected a crew representing a great diversity in race, nationality, religion and political viewpoint in order to demonstrate that at least on their own little floating island, people could cooperate and live peacefully. Additionally, the expedition took samples of marine pollution and presented their report to the United Nations.

[img]http://www.kon-tiki.no/Images/kon-tiki%20nye%20nett/ra/Ra1_373.4small.jpg[/img]
RA 1 (1969)
Thor Heyerdahl built this 45 foot long copy of an ancient Egyptian papyrus vessel in 1969 with the aid of members of the Burundi tribe from Chad in Central Africa. Constructed at the foot of the Pyramids and named after the sun god Ra, it was later transported to Safi in Morocco, from where it set sail for Barbados.After around 3,000 miles there were problems with the construction of the stern, which could not take the strain. Just a short distance from Barbados the ship had to be abandoned.
[img]http://www.kon-tiki.no/Images/kon-tiki%20nye%20nett/ra/ra1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.kon-tiki.no/Images/kon-tiki%20nye%20nett/ra/ra2.jpg[/img]
Ra 2 (1970)

On 17th May 1970, the reed boat Ra II set sail from Safi in Morocco on course for Barbados. With this expedition Thor Heyerdahl wanted to prove that one could have used this type of vessel to cross the Atlantic Ocean in ancient times. 57 days and 3,270 nautical miles, 6,100 km, later the 8-man crew could show the entire world that people of different cultures and religions, from different nations, had managed to work together under stressful, difficult conditions towards a common goal. A mere year earlier, the first Ra expedition had almost made it across the Atlantic Ocean. With only a week remaining a construction fault resulted in the expedition having to be abandoned.

Thor Heyerdahl had used wall paintings of papyrus vessels from ancient Egyptian burial sites and reliefs in Mesopotamia, the Indus Valley and Central and South America as his starting points for the construction of his first reed boat, Ra. Thor Heyerdahl also believed as early as the expedition to Easter Island in 1955-1956 that he had discovered reliefs of reed boats with masts and sails on statues and paintings on stone slabs. Could it be that not only balsa rafts, but also reed boats could have carried people over wide expanses of ocean? Ra and Ra II were named after the sun god Ra and sailed under the flag of the UN. Thor Heyerdahl also wrote a book about the Ra expeditions and the film was nominated for an Oscar.
[img]http://www.kon-tiki.no/Images/kon-tiki%20nye%20nett/ra/Ra1og2VoyageMapSmall.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEFWr5svgX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JID--UJ7oMw
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
im still fascinated by this... grin
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by birdman(m): 4:40am On Sep 12, 2013
*Kails*:
im still fascinated by this... grin

let this thread die brethren, for the love of God smiley. intriguing post, RandomAfricanAm. thanks for sharing
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by thoth: 8:22am On Sep 12, 2013
Please don't let it drift back to genetics!!
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by MrsChima(f): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hmm. I guess gonna stop assuming I don't know what I am talking about.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 13, 2013
birdman:

let this thread die brethren, for the love of God smiley. intriguing post, RandomAfricanAm. thanks for sharing

lol.
i actually did let it die. you revived it grin kiss
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:30am On Sep 13, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Hmm. I guess gonna stop assuming I don't know what I am talking about.

[size=1pt]chimmizle..you smoking on the ghetty green sis?[/size] cheesy kiss
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by MrsChima(f): 3:36am On Sep 13, 2013
*Kails*:

[size=1pt]chimmizle..you smoking on the ghetty green sis?[/size] cheesy kiss

This thread is a spinoff on a comment I said on another thread. angry
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2013

African Braids on an Olmec head in Mexico. (One of the rare Olmec heads without a helmet)
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by RandomAfricanAm: 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Just so you know the second post about the Atlantic crossing I made is unhidden(see post with life magazine cover). I suggest yall check it out, I think it's a good read.

Peace
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by TerryCarr(m): 6:41am On Sep 15, 2013
Horus:

African Braids on an Olmec head in Mexico. (One of the rare Olmec heads without a helmet)
braids are not just "african"

2 Likes

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by thoth: 7:22am On Sep 15, 2013
the braids on the Olmec heads are more like this, which very unusual for an Indian to wear.

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2013

One of the rare Olmec heads without a helmet
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 16, 2013
birdman:

Funny when you're the on who helped ruined it.

And guys can we keep this Olmec nonsense of this thread This thread is not repeat not about the darn Olmecs but the possibility of Malians discovering the New World since thats more of a possibility.

And IIRC that Olmec head with the afro is fake.
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
Keep posting and keep this thread alive. "Only fools duck when the truth is thrown at them"

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
TerryCarr: braids are not just "african"

Exactly. There was even a inca girl they discovered, who was frozen for 500 years with braided hair. She had single braids that look a lot like those braids Horus posted above lol. the olmecs were not black. Period.

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
Horus:
Keep posting and keep this thread alive. "Only fools duck when the truth is thrown at them"

lol @ the bolded,
Are you referring to us or yourself?

Because I for one an all about the truth.
And just like I said, there is overwhelming evidence which proves the olmecs were indigenous indians.

*Kails*:
THIS IS A DAMN LIE!

[img]http://blondesearch.ru/img/48/48b/THE_AFRICAN_OLMECS_IN_MESO_AMERICA.jpg[/img]

PERIOD. POINT. BLANK!
we cant be going around stealing people's history and then getting mad when white people
do it to us.

THIS IS FACT!

*Kails*:
Horus there is no connection btn the olmecs and egypt.
Those people were not and are not of African descent.
Those people were asians (DNA proves this) and furthermore thick lips is not just a "black trait". That man's hair was not fuzzy...its a direct replica of a hair cut many of their men wore and descendants still wear today.

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by RandomAfricanAm: 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
This is why I hate "black box/boogie man terms" like illuminati, afrocentric, etc.
It lets people off the hook easy, legitimizes falsehoods, and/or perpetuates the wrong use/connotation of a word.

Afrocenticity is a rather "by the book", mundane, and conservative notion.(Though unintentional I personaly think it is elegantly summed up in the idea of "African solutions for African problems" ) .

The problem isn't some rogue "afrocentric", it's an inability to properly acquire, categorize, & process information. Before you can even begin to talk about someone's politics we have to talk about can they differentiate between simple concepts like truth, fact, interpretation, and presentation.(each of which are not equal in weight)
Without going too deep the problem is rarely with facts. The problem is usually with (mis)interpreting facts. Ascribing that problem to a boogieman term like "afrocentric" lets their intellectual missteps off the hook, validates those missteps by ascribing them as a philosophical view, and piles unnecessary baggage on an as stated "...rather "by the book", mundane, and conservative notion..."

[size=16pt] Note to self:
That's it, I'm going to do a big post on this very nonsense topic when I get life issues settled down abit.
[/size]
Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
The olmecs were black. Period.

1 Like

Re: Did West Africans Reach The New World? Afrocentric Fantasy Or A New Beginning? by Horus(m): 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
[size=19pt]First Americans Were Black, According to BBC Documentary[/size]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-VcBTdL4rFyA/UgsTbq0JKGI/AAAAAAAANh4/rIiZFQUfRXk/s1600/first_americans_were_black.jpg[/img]

Facial Reconstruction from Oldest bones found in America (in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6IrMjfbh6E

[size=15pt]First Americans were Black Aborigines[/size]

BBC documentary

Who were the first Americans? Where did they come from? When did they first arrive here? This BBC documentary answers those questions. Scientist were stunned to find evidence of civilization in Brazil dating to around 50,000 years ago. Evidence of fire usage, rock art paintings, and some of the oldest skeletal remains ever found in the America's have established a new timeline for the arrival of modern humans in the America's. Analysis on skulls found show that they are more similar to the bone structure of Africans and Australian Aborigines.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Future Of Igbo Highlife Music / I Wonder What Ghananians Are Turning In To: (it's A Shame) / Why Have We Been So Far Behind Whites: ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.