Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

3d Modeling And Animation - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3d Modeling And Animation (12213 Views)

4 Days 3D Modeling Training Workshop In Abuja / 3dsmax, Modeling And Animation,cheap / Any 3d Modeling And Animation In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3d Modeling And Animation by damseremie(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2006
I do some 3d modelling and basic animation.
I use 3d max and i think the time has come for 3d designers to get a place to discuss and exchange ideas.
I attached a few of my models.
They are also displayed at the site www.3dnigeria.com
Visit the gallery. though most of the models are architectural.

Also ill like to hear from the mayhem productions people. I like to get a few tips

On th 3dnigeria website, my work is in the picture gallery. Name is Ilamina-Eremie Idamiebi

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Seun(m): 4:23pm On May 15, 2006
I'm pleased to meet you. Perhaps Nigeria is going to be a major 3d animation outsourcing destination.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Zahymaka(m): 5:56pm On May 15, 2006
I love this. Idamiebi, your name is familiar. Which schools did you attend?
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by damseremie(m): 6:41pm On May 15, 2006
To Zahymaka

I schooled at Olumawu Nus/Pri SCh in Abuja
and Suleja Academy for ma secondary education.
Attached is another pic of my concept of the world after APOCALYPSE.
[img][/img]

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Zahymaka(m): 10:32pm On May 15, 2006
See, School Pop?!! I remember your gang -- Fola, Bomber, Wale, Ilolu and co. Do you remember Azuka -- that J-Boy [Timothy's friend]?

How're things?? Man, I'm glad we met on Nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by zPixel(m): 11:13pm On May 15, 2006
Great works from Nigerians. Lets keep it up, one day we will get there.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by larger20(m): 2:35am On May 16, 2006
For all your 3D needs in the US, contact me @ larger_20@yahoo.co.uk

Our services includes some of the pictures below as well as engineering analysis involved in production.
By background, we are mechanical engineers, computer engineers and graphic artist

- Optimization
- Finite element analysis
- 3D programing and coding
- Bill of material listing
- Design for manufacturbility and assembly
- Animation
- Graphich designs and more.

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by larger20(m): 2:36am On May 16, 2006
More designs

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by larger20(m): 2:42am On May 16, 2006
more

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by larger20(m): 2:51am On May 16, 2006
Do you want a 3D image of yourself like in computer games? Send us your picture and we will estimate the cost

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by opeemi1(m): 9:51am On May 16, 2006
Ohhhh my God!!!!!

Are this guys Nigerians for sure?, Men if this is true I need contacts u'll, someone to put me through cos it simply a development to Naija Economy grin.

Will definitely want to join the club of designers, but how do I join?
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by sanctajoe(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2006
Is this true ? I mean can naijas do this, it's incredible .
keeeeeeep it on guyz. cool cool
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by deoyel25(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2006
Men, i cannot believe this. All these things in Nigeria?
Well, I am also interested in 3d animations. Infact, I have
3dmax6 installed and functional on my system. I am just
starting with it. I am really impressed
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by damseremie(m): 2:14pm On May 17, 2006
I am glad the post is recieving replies.
Even if u have just modeled a box , feel free to post it at least its a beginning.
And please join 3dnigeria by sending your details(name,email,3d intrests, and pics and video clips) by sending a mail to info@3dnigeria.com and visit the site at www.3dnigeria.com.
It will be upgraded to a full .com site before the end of the month.
Visit and check out what nigerians are doing with 3d.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by olex(m): 3:26pm On May 17, 2006
Hi. I'm new to Maya 7 (started learning it four months ago) and have made about five 10 second clips so far. These are of very basic stuff like slabs falling down, a flying engine, or a table lamp moving up and down.

I'm trying to learn how to model rigid characters, like robots, after which I'll move to organic objects like animals and humans.

I'm more interested in animation than modeling. The image shown here is part of a 6 sec animation. If anyone's interested, I could upload the entire animation (in mpeg format) so that you get a feel for it.

3D modeling is a bit of a pain to learn but once you get the basics, you get to improve at the pace of light. It takes a lot of time to create models especially if you are new to it (which I am) but anyone with patience and interest could do it.

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by zPixel(m): 8:28pm On May 17, 2006
HI everbody,

i think Nigeria is going somewhere with this animation of a thing, only if those of us that are really interested in 3d are ready to work we call change nigeria especially Nollywood and make money.

Olex i know if you don't give up on animation you will be very good. So i think you should workharder and get motivation from those that are already good and from sites like www.cgtalk.com and also try to do a lot of tutorials they really help a lot, don't know where i would have been without them.

I started doing 3d two years ago and am still not there yet may because of my academics(it sucks). Anyways i just have 2yrs left cry.

c some stuffs that have done.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by nwaigboannoying: 9:05am On May 20, 2006
I like this, The problem is I might have a project for you but I would prefer it to be done using blender
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by zPixel(m): 11:29am On May 20, 2006
Why not use Maya or 3dsmax and then export to blender. Only if you have a particular reason why you want blender. But all the same using blender should not be a problem. Besides they all follow the same principle.

1 Like

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Zule(m): 3:31pm On May 22, 2006
Acknowlegement,
My dear friend in this forum, since we all are hear to learn and discuss our talent, I therefore use this Opportunity to appeal to you all the 3d animations and moddeling field to give me and other newbbies in this forum a general orientation on what 3d animation and modelling is all about, and the job opportunities to gain after studying to course.
waiting for your reply ,
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by larger20(m): 7:24pm On May 22, 2006
If u want to go into 3D i strongly advice that u get a degree in graphic designs or architecture. Also be good with basic HTML so that when u have clients u can design their sites, be proficient with dream weaver. Other programs that will help u includes autocad, pro engineer, solidworks, maya and 3D max.

1 Like

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Seun(m): 7:33pm On May 22, 2006
I think it's wrong to encourage people to study a course like architecture if they are interested in 3d modeling and animation. This is like asking someone who is interested in medical technology to study medicine. Courses like architecture and medicine should only be studied if you are interested in in architecture or medicine.

Graphics design is a more appropriate course for someone who is interested in 3d modeling and animation.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by larger20(m): 7:36pm On May 22, 2006
Well diversity in a place of work always help people find job. If u get stuck in a job that requires both skills, your employer will spend more money hiring an architect. Its just for job security sake. I know this from experince because my job right now does not use programs I have mastered in my 4 year of college. I have to face the task of learning it including these 3D programs. It has nothing to do with what i studied. I don't even need to take a class for it.
With my head, book and the program, I am ready to go. The more programs i know, the more oppourtunities i have.

Another example is that I dont pay my rent from my salary. I pay for my rent from the freelance job I do afterwork with these new added skills. So the more u know is definitly worth it
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by nwaigboannoying: 9:52pm On May 22, 2006
I think this person wants to know something about 3d, You don't need to go to college to learn something about 3d. Do a search on google for 3d Animation, You can go to http://www.blender3d.org and download blender try your hands on it, it's not that easy to use but at least you will see what a 3d software looks like, They also have tutorials at their site, If you have a computer then get the software and play with, If you want to go to school for it then go for graphic design. I know here in the US they have schools where you could study 3d graphic design/Animation,

Also they have books you could buy to learn on your own,
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by grafikdon: 12:34am On May 23, 2006
Seun:

I think it's wrong to encourage people to study a course like architecture if they are interested in 3d modeling and animation. This is like asking someone who is interested in medical technology to study medicine. Courses like architecture and medicine should only be studied if you are interested in in architecture or medicine.

Thanks a lot for that Seun. It is rather unfortunate that people view the worrld of 3D animation as single thing. It hasso many fields laced in one, there's modeling, there's rigging, animation, textures, effects (like simulation). It takes a lot of guts to be proficient in these fields and most people pick up only a few and perfect it very well, some cling to modeling and do it pretty well while some stick with modelling. I remmeber when I was doing that jack of all trades nonsense years ago and was a master of none, now i had to scratch off a lot of things and focus, that was the only way I got to a higher level especially in modeling.

If you are VERY GOOD, you can make a decent living but the problem is a lot of people try to do many things at a time and end up not perfecting any section. There are some good 'generalists' out there but they are rare. I know a girl who worked on movies like king Kong and Sky captain simply because she was good with textures, not modeling, not animation, just textures, and she is still kicking it with X-men and did work on the Lord of the Rings in the capacity of a texture artist, sure she can model and do a little bit of animation but she focused on textures and well, guess who's laughing now?
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by damseremie(m): 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2006
I plan to post regular tutorials for begineers in 3ds max. Not that i am a pro or anything but i think those i will improve myself by sharing the little i know. The tutorials will begin on Monday the 5th of June. i would also like grafikdon and others to contribuite 2 this section.
Holla.

1 Like

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Cactus(m): 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2006
If u look for FaceGen Modeller 3.1 it is very straight forward, once u have a picture of your face you can easily create a modelled picture of you. i think it has a 30 day demo use and all the features are active

you have the ability to tweak facial expression, colors, makeup, each facial component, nose, eyes, lips, color of lipstick as well.

Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Seun(m): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2006
I'd like to help you guy to commercialize your talents but my hands are tied for now. sad
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by LoverBwoy(m): 1:38am On Jun 05, 2006
hey cactus is that u? joking Nice job

damseremie:

I plan to post regular tutorials for begineers in 3ds max. Not that i am a pro or anything but i think those i will improve myself by sharing the little i know. The tutorials will begin on Monday the 5th of June. i would also like grafikdon and others to contribuite 2 this section.
Holla.

Good Idea, i'll be looking forward to it    grin *** Can you please list the softwares you'll be using thanx
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by bondxie(f): 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2007
@ larger,
pls how can u be of help, am an architect and am willing to learn 4rm u.
thx
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by DivineOke(f): 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2007
Hi folks,

Please, am interested in animation. What software would be easy for me to use to start learning; I saw one software online, anim8or. been hearing of 3d max, maye and all. which do u advise i use to start learning?

Thanks.
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by grafikdon: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2007
DivineOke:

Hi folks,

Please, am interested in animation. What software would be easy for me to use to start learning; I saw one software online, anim8or. been hearing of 3d max, maye and all. which do u advise i use to start learning?

Thanks.

Divine, this is a very tricky question and honestly, barely anyone can give you a honest answer. There's the issue of people recommending their favourite application without bearing in mind the priorities of the person asking the questions. Nearly every 3D application has a fully functional trial version but 'test driving' all of them will only confuse you.

Since you've heard of Maya and Max, I suggest you start from there but you must stay away from the fundamental mistake made by 'newbies' (trying to learn 'eleventeen' applications at once and mastering none). Maya has a personal learning edition you can download and use (free of charge). I will provide you the links other software (I assume you're already familiar with Max and Maya). Check out everything and pick only ONE (ie between Lightwave, Softimage XSI, Cinema 4D, Maya nad Max). When you've mastered one application, transition to a different app won't be a pain since they follow the same principles.

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/
http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/
http://www.maxon.net/pages/products/cinema4d/cinema4d_e.html

Take your time and read/research on all the five (Lightwave, Softimage XSI, Cinema4D, Maya and Max) and choose only one to begin with. Whatever you pick at the end of the day, make sure you arm yourself with training videos, these will get you up and running in no distant future and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! There's no end to it. You have to be dedicated to get things done otherwise you're bound to crap out after a couple of months.

Do some reading on general principles of animation, it will help you as you translate that knowledge to the 3d world. Finally, pay no heed to people telling you software "x" is the only way forward, they are 3D zealots and unrepentant 'fan boys'. Make you shine eyes well well. Once you've mastered one software, transition to others will be a breeze. I started with lightwave back in 2003, it took me just about a week to start modeling in Luxology Modo and roughly two months to rig, animate, texture and render in Max. When I moved all my character animation projects to Softimage XSI, I was up and running in less than a month, all because I focused on Lightwave and pushed it to the limit.

Nuff said. smiley
Re: 3d Modeling And Animation by Falciparum(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2007
hey guys this is swell i really want to be into this can anyone help me. i need to know what softwares i need. sytem requirements and stuffs like that. i know ive got what it takes to do something wonderful like u guys have paraded

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pencil Portrait Of Bob Marley / PROFESSIONAL FLYER, LOGO, DOCUMENT EDIT. CHECK HERE / Cinema4d Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.