Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,699 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. (1757 Views)

Radamel Falcao Completes Chelsea Loan Move / Iheanacho, Father Fall-out Over FC Porto, Chelsea Move / Eden Harzard Completes Chelsea Move. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by 02(m): 2:21pm On May 15, 2006
Chelsea have just concluded the signing of  Michael Ballack from bayern Munich,what do u think about this signing.Does Mourinho really need this guy.Let me have your say wonderful Nairalanders.

Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by sunny4all(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2006
why bringing down this topic? for crying out low!!!! Chelsea are not signing him to come dance at the brigde for them. Just watch ok. I guess u're an assanal fan!!!!
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by spikelord(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2006
I heard Mikel's move has also been completed as well. So why is Mourinho bent on signing midfielders when he has bunch of them
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by lalaboi(m): 2:36pm On May 15, 2006
A gud sign. May nt hav dribblin skills bt wil form a gud partnership wit lampard. Am sure u wil b asking wat happns 2 essien. Wel a player dat performs wel wil surely hav his place in d startin line up. Makalele is ageing so wen injured essien wil play his role. Gudjonsn is may b leavn. Crespo also.
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by mochafella(m): 7:37pm On May 15, 2006
spikelord:

I heard Mikel's move has also been completed as well.

I heard that too. I wish him luck, seems like SWP's situation did not stop him.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s237/st96531.htm
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by Chxta(m): 8:36pm On May 15, 2006
The moment I heard about Ch€£$k¥'s unveiling of Michael Ballack, I hotfooted to Skysports quicker than a German free agent offered a £2m signing-on fee and £130,000-a-week. Not because it was surprised, nor even because I cared, particularly, but because the prospect of seeing a man trying to justify swapping deification in Germany for a spot in Ch€£$k¥'s crowded midfield merry-go-round without using the words "money", "big bags of" and "did I mention money?" was just too good to miss.

"I am very happy to be here," Ballack grinned. Having worked out his salary for the next three years and melted my "0" button in the process, I didn't need to ask why, but Michael spun us all a little story anyway. "They are very friendly people and London is a nice city, I have good impressions. Robert Huth told me good things about this country," he said, clearly unaware that his compatriot had spent more time filing his payslips and collecting medals than he had playing actual football.

I'd have liked nothing better than a lengthy quote from Sir Bobby Robson on such things as moral fibre, the love of the game and how it wasn't like this in his day etc at this point, but as he's already in Jamaica waiting for the World Cup to start, so I'll use Jose Moanin-ho, who's starting to sound very similar. "We have now been champions for two consecutive years. We have a team of champions and to improve a team of champions we need champions," he muttered, the press conference clearly having interrupted a good game of Mad
Libs.

And just when we thought we'd heard enough Ballack for one day, Ch€£$k¥ chief exec Slippery Pete Kenyon popped up to explain why he thought the Germany captain had plumped for west London. "I think what we offered him at Ch€£$k¥ in terms of our sporting ambitions swung it," he slimed unconvincingly, shading the pound signs in his new player's eyes from the paparazzi. And as that's the one time you'll see the words 'Ch€£$k¥' and 'sporting' in the same sentence, we suggest you put today's mail in your special For Keeps mail folder. Just like you do with every other day's mail, no doubt.
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by hucarson(m): 8:50pm On May 15, 2006
I think it's a brilliant move for Ballack and Jose has finally found one of the missing Jig-Saws in Chelsea's quest for an European Trophy.
Jose Mourinho needs good players in Chelski to compete for the Champions League next season.
Ballack is a very hard-working player and his sublime skills can only strengthen Chelsea as a team.
Michael Essien,Shawn Wright-Phillips or Gudjohnsen might have to pave way for Michael Ballack though but i cant wait to see this midfield dynamo in action come next season.
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by spikelord(m): 10:58pm On May 15, 2006
Yeah, I guess Ballack is going to have a good time at Stamford bridge
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by Akolawole(m): 12:40am On May 16, 2006
@Chxta

What are you driving at?
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by Fimmy(m): 1:14am On May 16, 2006
spikelord:

Yeah, I guess Ballack is going to have a good time at Stamford bridge
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by amodu(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2006
I think is nice move for Ballack.

But what am wondering about is how Jose Mourinho is going to cope with this mid-fielders {Ballack, Lampard, Mikel, Essien and Makelele}
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by mochafella(m): 4:08am On May 17, 2006
amodu:

But what am wondering about is how Jose Mourinho is going to cope with this mid-fielders {Ballack, Lampard, Mikel, Essien and Makelele}

By making extra space on the bench for one or two of them grin
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by Grizzly(m): 8:49am On May 17, 2006
Chxta is a funny piece of lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by amodu(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2006
@ mochafela

Who and who is he going to make extra space on the bench for
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by Greatpeter(m): 2:49pm On May 17, 2006
I am for the blues anytime anyday but what we need is a "deadly striker" like Henry, Eto'o, Shevchenko etc.
So now what happens to Lampard, Essien, Makelele, Mikel if eventually he signs for Chelsea?

Last season he wanted to sign Gerrard.
For God's sake, mid field is not our problem, it's our striking force that is deflated.
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by spikelord(m): 2:56pm On May 17, 2006
Greatpeter:

I am for the blues anytime anyday but what we need is a "deadly striker" like Henry, Eto'o, Shevchenko etc.
So now what happens to Lampard, Essien, Makelele, Mikel if eventually he signs for Chelsea?

Last season he wanted to sign Gerrard.
For God's sake, mid field is not our problem, it's our striking force that is deflated.

Mikel is eventually signed for Chelsea and I guess the guy is trying to sign Shevchenko and Tevez or something. Let's see what he is going to do with his team!
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by sammietos(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2006
Everybody knows Ballack would have a good season at chelsea but i think Man Utd would have been a better club for him
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by Greatpeter(m): 3:01pm On May 17, 2006
sammietos:

Everybody knows Ballack would have a good season at chelsea but i think Man Utd would have been a better club for him

Why Man U?
What idea left for Fergie?
Please let us rest of this Man-U?
That was how Fergie opened his mouth and boasted they would beat Chelsea at stamford bridge and probably win the title only for Chelsea to flog them, giving them three unreplied goals.
what a shame!
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by walemuse(m): 3:06pm On May 17, 2006
Ballack is an excellent buy.With the imminent arrival of Shevshenko and Tervez, we are set to rule Europe for the next ouple of years.
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by spikelord(m): 3:22pm On May 17, 2006
you think?
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by mochafella(m): 2:09am On May 18, 2006
amodu:

@ mochafela

Who and who is he going to make extra space on the bench for

my guess is Makalele *old age* and Mikel *youngster*. Or re-arrange his midfield positioning. At this point only Mourinho knows. undecided
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by walemuse(m): 3:45am On May 18, 2006
Let us watch from the sideline as the master tactician takes charge of the affaira of the team.Maurinho has got pedigree as a coach so we should be sure he knows what he is up to, Chelsea forever!!!
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by spikelord(m): 8:07am On May 18, 2006
I don't think either of Ballack, Mikel, Lampard or Essien can play the role of a defensive midfielder at Stamford. Only Makalele can do the job and he is getting old.

So do you think there is any replacement for him among those four?
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by mochafella(m): 3:19am On May 19, 2006
spikelord:

I don't think either of Ballack, Mikel, Lampard or Essien can play the role of a defensive midfielder at Stamford. Only Makalele can do the job and he is getting old.

So do you think there is any replacement for him among those four?

Possibly Essien, he's strong enough, not sure about his temperament though.
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by spikelord(m): 11:10am On May 25, 2006
Essien is up to the task of playing the role of Makalele!
Re: Ballack Completes Chelsea Move. by Akolawole(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2006
Essien cannot do it though Chelsea's strongest player.

Young Diarra was bought for that purpose and he's okay.

At 56, Makalele will still be Makalele, John and him were the only Chelsea player i dont need to pray about before match.

(1) (Reply)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / 3 Sure Ways To Gain Weight/muscle Mass Naturally / Meet The Farce Striker Who Scored 0 Goal In 24 Years Across 9 Teams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.