Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching (6206 Views)

Insurance Marketing / Vacancy In Insurance Marketing / Niger Insurance Marketing Executive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by Kenistry(m): 8:45am On May 17, 2013
Please fellow Nlers, help me out here, I've got a teaching job offer in a sec sch dou the pay is small (20k) and an insurance (Aiico) marketing Job here in Lagos. I hv no idea about d insurance job (not my field), dier remuneration, terms and conditions. Pls advice me on d insurance job, whether I should go for it or not with reasons, especially ppl with insurance marketing experience. Your contribution is highly appreciated. Thanks alot
Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by delfol: 9:24am On May 17, 2013
Insurance marketing is strictly on commission basis only with d customers u get
Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by ckamal: 9:38am On May 17, 2013
If am to advice you i would tell you to go for Insurance marketing because it helps you to learn some communication skills,gives you some boldness to pass through interviews and exposes you to what life in the corporate world looks like,yes its on commission basis but you it gives u an opportunity of getting a better job.

I took this decision 4 yrs ago and today i work as Insurance officer for A FMCG company and things are much more better than its used to be,i know if i had taken the teaching job i would not have had the opportunity to earn up to what am earning presently,so think of the long run as teaching job is very limited and you should do it only if you have a passion for it.

The choice is yours at the end of the day,goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by Kenistry(m): 12:13pm On May 17, 2013
c.kamal:
If am to advice you i would tell you to go for Insurance marketing because it helps you to learn some communication skills,gives you some boldness to pass through interviews and exposes you to what life in the corporate world looks like,yes its on commission basis but you it gives u an opportunity of getting a better job.

I took this decision 4 yrs ago and today i work as Insurance officer for A FMCG company and things are much more better than its used to be,i know if i had taken the teaching job i would not have had the opportunity to earn up to what am earning presently,so think of the long run as teaching job is very limited and you should do it only if you have a passion for it.

The choice is yours at the end of the day,goodluck.
Thanks alot, it's quiet helpful
Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by iebanehita(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2013
delfol: Insurance marketing is strictly on commission basis only with d customers u get

You r partially wrong!!
A frnd of myn got an Insurance marketing job wit Royal Exchange. Her salary is 75K,in additn to 5% commission on sales made,,. Of course, she has a fixed target monthly.

If u av d passion for marketing, go for it. It will expose you 2diverse opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by kolaororocketm: 2:12pm On May 17, 2013
My man or woman,I will advace u stay wia u re,pending d tmy u get better offer,cos dis insurance stuf if u re nt in it bfore,it very dificut,bt I prefer for teaching dan insurance, cos dey will give u target,wen note dis,insuarance can't sack u bt u will sack ur self wen u re nt meet up wit target, wen d ball is in ur court. Best of God
Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by Kenistry(m): 6:50pm On May 17, 2013
Thanks for d contributions @all
Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by Nobody: 10:17am On May 18, 2013
please don't do aiico marketing, its crazy. i worked with them for 6 month and couldnt sell their product and beside most people in nigeria don't like insurance policy.But if it were to be royal excange or niger isurance, those once pay monthly salary and commission. Aiico insurance is strictly on commission.
Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by morewealth(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2013
Stay with your teaching job and seek for better offers.
Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by Kenistry(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2013
jossy01: please don't do aiico marketing, its crazy. i worked with them for 6 month and couldnt sell their product and beside most people in nigeria don't like insurance policy.But if it were to be royal excange or niger isurance, those once pay monthly salary and commission. Aiico insurance is strictly on commission.
thanks for dis. Ur experience wit aiico has said it all.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by babytejiri(m): 5:05am On Aug 28, 2015
If you're renting office space for your company, having your own business insurance policy is a must. Even though the property owner or landlord is responsible for having insurance on the physical building, business insurance helps protect belongings and mishaps that are your responsibility
Re: Advice Pls. Insurance Marketing Job Or Teaching by oliva980: 10:52am On Jan 20, 2022
Some businesses do not have business insurance, which can be detrimental to their operations. The right policy will protect you from disaster and help you keep your money and business running smoothly. To learn more about buy commercial package policy - compare quotes & costs [2022], visit on hyperlinked site.

(1) (Reply)

ABB Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment / Health, Safety And Environment (hse) Officer At Virgin Nigeria / Npower Redeployment Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.