Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Networking Wtih Linux(clarkconnect) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Networking Wtih Linux(clarkconnect) (869 Views)

I Need A Final Year Project Topic (networking)! / What Does Computer Networking Entail? / Networking Three Computers, Can U Help?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Networking Wtih Linux(clarkconnect) by Mmuo(m): 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2008
Can some one please explain how I can make my network see the printer. It is a linux server with some windows clients and some linux.
Re: Networking Wtih Linux(clarkconnect) by basking4me: 1:01pm On May 06, 2008
Instead of using Clarkconnect that only acts as a cache server and router, why dont you get a SME server software on linux that will both run proxy, cache, email management, dhcp and dns and a host of others. It is what i use and I can assure you that it is the best Linux warez for both local and wide networking.

You can download it for free at their website (I can also give you the free software on CD) but it will cost you money for me to perform a standard configuration for you. You can reach me (Wale) on 08055824984 or 01-8114718.

Note: with it, you can have your own personalised email systems, say wale@nairaland.com, you can run ftp,dhcp, print and so many other possibilities, it even has a user interface on windows. Very beautiful and perfect, you're sure to like it. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Help! Something Locked My Registry! / Brand New 2008 Hp Laptops For N20,000 / What Is Your Experince Of Starcomms Izap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.