Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Your Tear-Jerking Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Tear-Jerking Movies (1929 Views)

Nollywood Finally Goes Gaga With Movie, "Tear My Bra If You Can" / Greatest Tear Jerker Movies Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Tear-Jerking Movies by sholay2011(m): 4:16pm On May 18, 2013
I just saw the movie entitled 'Les miserables' and was quite emotional especially with some songs like 'I dreamed a dream' and so on.

Then, I tried listing movies that had (almost) jerked water from my lids or struck my emotions even though I know "it's just a movie". Here they are:

1. Titanic. (Ehn...I know...I'm part of those that were moved by the Jack and Rose bla bla story)

2. My sister's keeper.

3. Les miserables.

4. The help.

5. Osuwon. (Yoruba film cool)

6. Evil forest. (From the stable of Nollywood cool)

Can you list yours too?
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by kunlefox(m): 10:05pm On May 18, 2013
Loool..well, to be honest I get emotional while watching movies and tv sometimes but it's really been a while I saw a tearjerking movie or shit like that..last one was The Impossible..the Ewan Mcgregor and Naomi watts flick about Tsunami..Damn I was a tad teary..smh, that's the last I can remember execpt some really well acted Tv.
The Titanic part was cus I was 9 or so when I first saw it,so I was kinda touched but trust me when I watched again,years after on a lame movie date..it was a doozy!
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 18, 2013
I don't get teary eyes cos of a movie. But i have just 2 emotional dramas i can think of;

Like stars on Earth (Bollywood)
Maami (Nollywood). Finish!
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by VillageBoi(m): 10:26pm On May 18, 2013
kunle fox: The Titanic part was cus I was 9 or so when I first saw it,so I was kinda touched but trust me when I watched again,years after on a lame movie date..it was a doozy!

A lame date? You no reach 'first base'? ...Me I for collect my ticket moni back and put her on the nearest molue straight!! lol. Just kidding y'all.

The Champ is a pretty good tearjerker.
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by sholay2011(m): 10:26pm On May 18, 2013
@speedyboi...Yeah...thanks for reminding me. 'Maami' kinda struck some emotional chords in me, though, it was made too 'obvious' in the movie that they want to draw emotions...lol.
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by An0nimus: 10:42pm On May 18, 2013
These are the ones I can remember atm

1. My Sister's Keeper

2. The Help

3. Lord of the Rings (there're some parts that got me misty eyes like when that Elf guy got axed in the head in 'Twin Towers' cry )

4. Passion of the Christ.

5. Naruto (yeah it's an anime series but the misty-eyes-moments are just too muchgrin..can't belive Neji and Shikamaru's dad are dead cry)
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 18, 2013
An0nimus: These are the ones I can remember atm

1. My Sister's Keeper

2. The Help

3. Lord of the Rings (there're some parts that got me misty eyes like when that Elf guy got axed in the head in 'Twin Towers' cry )

5. Naruto (yeah it's an anime series but the misty-eyes-moments are just too muchgrin..can't belive Neji and Shikamaru's dad are dead cry)

Lmao @ the bolded....is that a movie? grin
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by VillageBoi(m): 11:16pm On May 18, 2013
speedyboi:

Passion of the Christ is a film I have never finished watching.
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by sholay2011(m): 11:40pm On May 18, 2013
speedyboi:

Accept Jesus into your life bro... grin
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by An0nimus: 9:10am On May 19, 2013
speedyboi:

lol and I thought all Nairalander's resided on planet earthgrin
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by An0nimus: 9:12am On May 19, 2013
VillageBoi:

Passion of the Christ is a film I have never finished watching.
visited your blog one time. I loved what I saw cool
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Seun(m): 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
The pursuit of Happyness
Les Miserables.

I should be ashamed of myself.
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by sholay2011(m): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
Seun: The pursuit of Happyness
Les Miserables.

Why? undecided
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by lyfe(m): 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
Titanic that part jack became stiff due to the cold

Armaggedon where Bruce Willis sacrificed himself for the sake of humanity her daughter.

Koto Orun Yoruba film by Ajileyes

One Indian film by Amtab Batcha
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Feraz(m): 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
An0nimus:
Or Ino
Titanic
When God says yes
Evil forest
The pursuit of 'happyness'
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by timpaker(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2013

Gia, sweet november, sonia (indian movie), why do fools fall in love and the pursuit of happiness.

These movies made me sad
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Kaycee7(m): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
An0nimus: These are the ones I can remember atm

1. My Sister's Keeper

2. The Help

The Lord of the Rings can get emotional but not really tear-jerking. Asuma's death had me filling a bucket. It felt so real.
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
Kaycee7: The Lord of the Rings can get emotional but not really tear-jerking. Asuma's death had me filling a bucket. It felt so real.

ah! undecided. No be small thing ooo
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by sholay2011(m): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
speedyboi:

ah! undecided. No be small thing ooo
You are not nice grin grin grin
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Seun(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
sholay2011: Why? undecided
I'm a manly man. Manly men don't cry over movies!
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by sholay2011(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
Seun:
Indeed. undecided
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Codedrock(m): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
I do cry i lot.. E.g kyle xy,rosswell.etc i do cry when people wanna partway or someone dies.
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by VillageBoi(m): 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
An0nimus:
visited your blog one time. I loved what I saw cool

OMG! It's been such a long time that I've visited this thread. Thanks a lot for checking out my blog, glad you liked it. I hope you've also seen my films?
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by VillageBoi(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ok I am back. I think say babes go don full here dey cry over films. Na only guys dey here. At least we be modern guys = correct guys!

So NL babes are all muscle-muscle, zero romance, zero emotion? Haba, that's no good - I'm no longer going to toast any of them. Tufia lol.
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by sholay2011(m): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
^^^^^^ *Yimu* tongue
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by VillageBoi(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
^^^^

Lol... it's called 'drama' & 'conflict'... very, very important in our line of 'you know what' grin
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by dubem3(m): 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hotel Rwanda
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
Seun:

shio! angry. Oga o!

P.S.: I don read meaning to this post, but i no go talk anything sha.
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by teemy(m): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
A once upon a long time ago movie like that called THE CHAMP with that little boy crying at the end after his father died. Can you just imagine the sorrow in success. Quite a heart moving contradiction.
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by birdman(m): 12:18am On Jul 07, 2013
Seun: The pursuit of Happyness
Les Miserables.

You shed tears over pursuit of happyness? Turn in you man card immediately, that is if you still have one
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by Nobody: 2:35am On Jul 07, 2013
I watched a random Mandarin film with no (available) subtitles last week. I haven't cried like that since "Amelié" cry
Re: Your Tear-Jerking Movies by bknight: 3:24am On Jul 07, 2013
That part in GoT where Lord Karstark and other loyal knights that supported & fought for the north knelt on one knee & bowed to Robb Stark one by one and made proclaimed him King in the North. I love loyalty cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

BEST Movies To Have In Your Collection. / Download Aki And Paw Paw (2021) – Nollywood Movie / The Image Of The Northerners (the Hausa/fulani) In Entertainment Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.