Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 (29621 Views)

VGMA: Patoranking Wins African Artiste Of The Year + Full Winners List / {VIDEO + DOWNLOAD} Wizkid Performs ‘the Matter’ At Ghana Music Awards / Wizkid Wins Mobo Award 4 Best Africa Art (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 4:18pm On May 20, 2013
Kingmojo:

Watch ghanaian movies and nigerian movies and compare the English spoken in the two industry and you will get your answer. Is not even close. Ghanaians are more polished.
That's what you believe. The answer to your question is in my previous post

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by oboy3(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2013
Lol,i just dey wonder please somebody where do these Ghanaians creep out from whenever they see the word "Ghana"mentioned anywhere on this Forum?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 4:22pm On May 20, 2013
o'boy:
Lol,i just dey wonder,where do these Ghanaians creep out from whenever they see the word "Ghana"mentioned anywhere on this Forum?
The word 'creep' should give you a hint
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by chriskwaku: 4:33pm On May 20, 2013
collynzo2:

What he means is that you guys pronounce 'her' as 'hair', 'Doctor' as 'Dactair', 'bucket' as 'barkeet' listen to real English men speak on BBC or SKY and tell me if that's how they pronounce those words.
LOL. I see . But that was how our ancerstors transfered the pronounciation to us. Ok from hence i would not say 'Dactair' but 'Doctour' , i would not also say 'Directer' but 'Directour'. Thanks for drawing our attention to it.God bless you . One love
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Kajina: 4:35pm On May 20, 2013
Kingmojo:

Still better than anything that comes out of a nigerian mouth. There was one nigerian guy in my class, every time we did presentation people will complain that they can't understand him. A lot of foreigners that watch african movies says the same about nigerian movies that it is hard to understand them. Ask any african or other foreigners which country speaks the best English between Ghanaians and Nigerians and u will get your answer

LOL, Nigerian speaking negatively about Ghanaian English pronunciation? Wonders they say, shall never end cheesy I was also enrolled in a course where T.A.s took turns to teach the large class. One of them was a Nigerian guy. Students in the class complained bitterly about his accent because they couldn’t understand him. To the extent that they wrote a petition to the course coordinator asking that he stop teaching because they couldn’t understand him. Unfortunately for the students and fortunately for him, he was allowed to continue teaching, and he made this announcement to the class:

“I jos want to say this to the class, I am a T.A. for this course, and I will continue teaching, if you have any problem with my accent, you can walk out”

Courageous guy isn’t he? grin

BTW I never had or heard of any of the Ghanaian profs having problem with students concerning their Ghanaian accent/pronunciation. They are all doing fine cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by oboy3(m): 4:38pm On May 20, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

From ur mom's obese bubble butttttttt grin cheesy..... Hv i answered ur question?
you still haven't answer my question
btw Mentioning somebody's mum in a discussion shows how well your parents trained you

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 20, 2013
collynzo2:
The word 'creep' should give you a hint

Nigerians and their obsession of Ghana and Ghanaians. Out of all the countries in Africa, the only country that is always mention on nairaland is Ghana. South Africa does come close though

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 20, 2013
Kajina:

LOL, Nigerian speaking negatively about Ghanaian English pronunciation? Wonders they say, shall never end cheesy I was also enrolled in a course where T.A.s took turns to teach the large class. One of them was a Nigerian guy. Students in the class complained bitterly about his accent because they couldn’t understand him. To the extent that they wrote a petition to the course coordinator asking that he stop teaching because they couldn’t understand him. Unfortunately for the students and fortunately for him, he was allowed to continue teaching, and he made this announcement to the class:

“I jos want to say this to the class, I am a T.A. for this course, and I will continue teaching, if you have any problem with my accent, you can walk out”

Courageous guy isn’t he? grin

BTW I never had or heard of any of the Ghanaian profs having problem with students concerning their Ghanaian accent/pronunciation. They are all doing fine cheesy

Exactly in college I have two ghanaian prof and no complain from students except one of them is tough.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by PetroDolla: 4:46pm On May 20, 2013
o'boy:
where do these Ghanaians creep out from whenever they see the word "Ghana"mentioned on this Forum?
if Ghanaians dont respond 2 crap about their country on this forum,who will?zambians?n why nigerians r so obsessed wt Ghana?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by BankuTilapia: 4:46pm On May 20, 2013
Dis shows how civilized we Ghanaians are, u dumb Nigerians r nutting witout us Ghanaians. Let me break it down so it will get into ur BOKO HARAM heads. We paved da way for u fools to understand da importance of being independent, we showed u dumb nigerians da importance of hard work. A Ghanaian wont mind to polish shoes n earned his money in a legit way datz y people r more comfortable around Ghanaians than a curse nationality like a nigerian. We showed u pathetic foolssss how different religions can live in harmony and how to speak a gud n proper phucking English cuz no one wants to hear a worthless nigerian speaks. It's only in a useless n Godforsaken country like Nigeria dat a police officer will cum on national television n start speaking PIDGIN. U foolsssss will always be below us. Ghana for life grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2013
chriskwaku:
LOL. I see . But that was how our ancerstors transfered the pronounciation to us. Ok from hence i would not say 'Dactair' but 'Doctour' , i would not also say 'Directer' but 'Directour'. Thanks for drawing our attention to it.God bless you . One love
hahaha both are wrong, I guess it's influenced by local accents, no problem with it until Ghanaians started claiming theirs was the best and all that .....
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 20, 2013
o'boy:
Lol,i just dey wonder please somebody where do these Ghanaians creep out from whenever they see the word "Ghana"mentioned anywhere on this Forum?

The name Ghana gives the typical nigerian an org*sm

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by BankuTilapia: 4:48pm On May 20, 2013
o'boy:
btw Mentioning somebody's mum in a discussion shows how well your parents trained you
Well if u can't receive a punch don't throw one u Bonehead. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 20, 2013
collynzo2: hahaha both are wrong, I guess it's influenced by local accents, no problem with it until Ghanaians started claiming theirs was the best and all that .....

It is the best. You guys speak english as if u were colonize by Germans.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 4:50pm On May 20, 2013
o'boy:
Does he even know who his parents are?
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by BankuTilapia: 4:50pm On May 20, 2013
PetroDolla: if Ghanaians dont respond 2 crap about their country on this forum,who will?zambians?n why nigerians r so obsessed wt Ghana?
To be a nigerian is a curse, bro tek a gud luk at their country, its a heap of cow dung.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 4:52pm On May 20, 2013
Kingmojo:

It is the best. You guys speak english as if u were colonize by Germans.
You speak as if you were colonized by South Africans. Compare your pronunciations and that of the Britons and see if there is any similarity.
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by BankuTilapia: 4:52pm On May 20, 2013
collynzo2:
Yh i know n deh r safe. No BOKO HARAM around dem n no kidnappings u son of an asssss wipe n a used pad. grin
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Steezz(m): 4:53pm On May 20, 2013
Kingmojo:

Nigerians and their obsession of Ghana and Ghanaians. Out of all the countries in Africa, the only country that is always mention on nairaland is Ghana. South Africa does come close though
PetroDolla: if Ghanaians dont respond 2 crap about their country on this forum,who will?zambians?n why nigerians r so obsessed wt Ghana?
Dont deceive urself bruvs, Nigerians dnt giv a shixt bout ghanaians or any African country at all...they think only of themselves, serz u both wrong!
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by oboy3(m): 4:54pm On May 20, 2013
collynzo2:
you are somehow right,cos majority of the Ghanaians i know dont know their Fathers

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by PetroDolla: 4:56pm On May 20, 2013
collynzo2: hahaha both are wrong.no problem with it until Ghanaians started claiming theirs was the best and all
big,fat lie! go back n read where one of your kind made reference to Ghanaians n their manner of speaking english.
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 20, 2013
collynzo2:
You speak as if you were colonized by South Africans. Compare your pronunciations and that of the Britons and see if there is any similarity.

British people can't understand Nigerians accent but they understand ghanaians accents

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 4:57pm On May 20, 2013
o'boy:
you are somehow right,cos majority of the Ghanaians i know dont know their Fathers
I had that in mind before asking that question, the statistic is shocking.
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by chriskwaku: 4:57pm On May 20, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

To be a nigerian is a curse, bro tek a gud luk at their country, its a heap of cow dung.
Lol.. just had banku and tilapia for launch .But me sre wo keep cool and slow down
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by BankuTilapia: 4:58pm On May 20, 2013
Wukum apim apim b3ba Ghana for life.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 20, 2013
Steezz: Dont deceive urself bruvs, Nigerians dnt giv a shixt bout ghanaians or any African country at all...they think only of themselves, serz u both wrong!

Pure bullsh*t

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 20, 2013
:
Banku&Tilapia:
Wukum apim apim b3ba Ghana for life.

smiley true talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? / Duncan Mighty Buys A New Rolls Royce Phantom [pictures] / [MUSIC] Davido - One Of A Kind Official Release. Download Audio And Listen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.