Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Inside Bornu:My Dreams My Command - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Inside Bornu:My Dreams My Command (560 Views)

Yobe,bornu Villages Under Boko Haram Attack / Press Release-nigerian Merchant Navy Corps Sets To Flag Off Kogi State Command / Nigerian Merchant Navy Corps Set To Flag Off Kogi State Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inside Bornu:My Dreams My Command by amiskurie(m): 6:08pm On May 19, 2013
On 17th of may 2013,It was about 6:30pm in ajah,lagos state of Nigeria where I work and reside.when the rainy day finally ended,bringing about a deceitful sun-setting.
The news about the newly declaration of state of emergency by the president Goodluck jonathan government and the extremist boko-haram engagement by the Nigerian military is at it peak.the National and international Television stations,radio stations and online media now has another bloody news to linger on even most of them will never deploy their journalists.
...But "I,Olawale" was there.you can ponder how till I tell some tales.
I decided to call it a day.I went to bed after I was satisfied with maybe not supper,but the day's social and political news from the internet,including local and international television stations.
I couldn't realize myself soon after then.this makes me think I was fast asleep in the hands of God as usual till my spirit felt my brains even as I was numb.
"Commander sir!" A soldier called."We have captured the whole of this camp,the place is secured sir."he added.
Then I could feel myself,my brain I thought was more active than ever,I was in my spirit doing the hardest job ever, yet laying on bed in Lagos Nigeria like someone at rest.I was in a border town in cameroon,a distance of about 7 kilometers just outside Nigeria state of bornu.
I was in my dreams,at war fighting for my country..it was my command.

I came out of a canopy with a man suspected to be the commander of the enemie's camp.even with his bullet riddled arms I rough-handled him,I thrust him to the dusty earth,with two of my men still aiming their AK-47 at his forehead.he had proven stubbornness before he was captured.

"Arrrgggggh!"a voice yelled. suddenly I was back to life,in desperation I figured where I was.I was not at war anymore,I was in my room,I arose to my feet as fast as the thunder flashes.it was the cry of a friend 'Seyi' that woke me up,he was sleeping by my side before my previous dream.I saw him ran to the living room panting like a stressed athlete,but I was sure he wasn't hit by my men's bullet.i thought to myself that he must have had his own dealings somehow in his sleep.
Like someone said,"if you are not sleeping at night,then you are busy in someone else's dream.and if you are asleep at night,someone not sleeping will be busy in your own dream.this dream of mine I attributed to the sleepless nights of the Nigerian military men.

Soon afterward,I got back to bed.I thought to myself I was done with my accidental assignment.I never knew that that was just an episode.I must confess that some dreams do have part one and two like we have it in Nigerian nollywood movies.
I realized I was back at war when the whole of the enemy's camp was shaken by a suicide bomber who had sneaked to one of the many armored personnel carriers to blew himself up.What a waste his life was!.
Many of my men regained consciousness as I manage to stood back up from the ground.I gave out several warnings and orders in a weaken voice.I was told we lost two of my men.I had to hold my tears for we were born to die.born to die the hardest way.I gave a brave salutation and knelt by their ashes.then I felt their soul singing.it was the song of war.the song of the brave.it is what I called "THE BATTLE WILL OF ASHES."
Return my ashes home,but first take me to my father's compound where my bravery was formed.
For this is it,I was born for this papa.Isn't this ashes of mine beautiful mama?
Let every one know I am back home again sister,and brother fight no bullies in my sake no more.
Take me down the street in mama's finest pot,and to the town's square where I use to fight and play
Ricky is my friend,why don't you let him have some ashes Let him show it to the downtown gang am still around
Paint the town in my ashes and tell my girl Bisi not to wash it with her tears.
You can blow me into the air as well,but warn the breeze of life never to take me out of the land again.

Re: Inside Bornu:My Dreams My Command by amiskurie(m): 6:09pm On May 19, 2013
Oya abeg una make una help me beg mod to put me on da spot for this. grin
Re: Inside Bornu:My Dreams My Command by amiskurie(m): 6:17pm On May 19, 2013
I don tire writing o.I will add to it someday.

(1) (Reply)

20 Awesome Facts You Need To Know / Does Bargaining In Pidgin English Help You Get A Better Price? / Plane Carrying 307 People Crash At San Francisco Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.