Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake (5262 Views)

Check Out The Newest Japanese S3x Doll Drinking Fountain Invention (watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 11:58am On May 20, 2013
I did this for the first time. I love it. Would definitely make one for my future daughter and myself.

1 Like

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by Nobody: 11:59am On May 20, 2013
Awww! So cute cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 20, 2013
Ooooooooooooooooooooh...... how lovely. This is just too cute kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss smiley
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 4:23pm On May 20, 2013
Thanks guys. I wish I packed the dolls hair well. Its not neat. Though the celebrant's mum (a nairalander) said her daughter gets scared of Barbie dolls hair. I will start learning how to arrange dolls hair. Youtube will be useful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 9:27am On May 21, 2013
Pics of my other cakes can be found in this thread: ==> www.nairaland.com/1248431/beautiful-cheap-birthday-wedding-party
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by Kslib(m): 11:47am On May 21, 2013
Why is the cake white?.. What's wrong in making a black cake.. Walahi,if i come any black person wedding and see white cake there ehn,i no go chop and i must create a scene at the wedding...

1 Like

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 3:35pm On May 21, 2013
Are you referring to the colour background of the cake or the doll?
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by Kslib(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2013
The doll of course abi na background i wan chop.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 2:19pm On May 22, 2013
Lol @kslib. Make u no vex. I no go use oyibo barbie doll again, I go use our own doll baby.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by sandylee123(f): 9:14am On May 23, 2013
So cute. Is it complicated to make such an adorable cake? I would like to learn.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 11:07am On May 23, 2013
sandylee123: So cute. Is it complicated to make such an adorable cake? I would like to learn.
Looking at it, one would think it will be very difficult. But in reality, its not complicated. This is the first time I did a Barbie cake. Next time, I will attempt something 'complicated' but beautiful.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 12:14pm On May 27, 2013
Abuja residents who need cakes of any flavour and type, please contact Ify on 07034794947. Pictures of more of my cakes can be found in the link in post above.

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by Cherry777: 9:04am On May 30, 2013
Looks great!

www.women.ng
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 2:54pm On May 30, 2013
Cherry777: Looks great!

www.women.ng

Thanks.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 3:01pm On May 30, 2013
It also tastes great.

1 Like

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 1:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
Residents of Abuja, please contact Ify on 07034794947 for your party cakes. A trial will convince you.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 04, 2013
Cute!
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
Thanks.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by dasparrow: 11:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
@Post

Nice cake, well done. However, I would not want a white doll on my baby girl's cake because we ain't white people. A black doll will be more suitable for a little black girl celebrating her birthday.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 9:53am On Jun 07, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Nice cake, well done. However, I would not want a white doll on my baby girl's cake because we ain't white people. A black doll will be more suitable for a little black girl celebrating her birthday.

I feel you. The good news is there are varieties of dolls our there, same for fondant colours. There are brunnette and black Barbies so you will always get your choice. Seriously though I need to get the brunnette and black Barbies so my customers will have options. Thanks.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2013
Thanks CC. I do it for biz actually. Will be much more careful and observant. Thanks once again.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 9:56am On Jun 10, 2013
@CC, please visit this thread www.nairaland.com/1248431/beautiful-cheap-birthday- andblet me know what you think. Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, thanks to all who have patronized me and those who are willing to. I promise to give you value for your money.

1 Like

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by tpia5: 4:26am On Jun 13, 2013
the sprinkles are a nice touch- they look like tiny jewels or sequins/beads.

and yes, cake decorating is very exact, for the best results you have to painstakingly use a tape measure to literally design every part.

impressive effort however.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by bece: 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
@degurl always cover ur cake board when working with fondant.when u want †✽ sculpt a cake e.g the bag cake always create a template it makes ur carving easier.then when covering ur cake with fondant roll out the fondant †✽ atleadt 1/4inch thick.for a first attempt I give u thumbs up. U can come †✽ our newly opened training skool in abuja †✽ bettet ur act.u know knowledge is power and people see before they taste.al
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2013
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by aquaprin90: 11:37am On Jun 14, 2013
Wow just loved both your handbag and barbie cake. I would also like to learn to make such cakes, so can you please help me to learn prepare such cake..?
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
@ tpia, thanks.
@bece, thanks. I actually ran out of fondant that is why I didn't cover the board. The client I made it for asked why I didnt cover the board with fondant and I explained the reason to her. She liked the cake sha. Thanks for the tips. My next handbag cake will be better.
@CC, what can I say? thank you! I have lots of YouTube videos on a cake decorating so I am learning more details from there.
I didn't go to any cake school or class. Cake making was a hobby/talent. which i turned to biz venture. Like bece suggested, I will likely take up one or two classes to better myself to perfection.
As for the fondant, I prepare mine myself.
Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 10:09am On Jun 16, 2013
petals

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 9:42am On Jun 18, 2013
A nairalander's football cake.

Re: My Barbie Doll and Handbag Cake by degurl(f): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
Goodday everyone

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Make "puff-puff"? / Vanilla Extract And Vanilla Essence What’s The Difference / Some Unnecessary Kitchen Gadgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.