Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Woman Police Officer In UK Revert To Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Woman Police Officer In UK Revert To Islam (998 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Police Officer In UK Revert To Islam by nmuhd: 12:53pm On May 20, 2013
WOMEN POLICE OFFICER IN UK REVERTS TO ISLAM
PCSO Jayne, 28:
JAYNE KEMP patrols her beat wearing a traditional hijab headscarf and even works extra time after shifts so she can attendFriday prayers at her mosque. Devout Jayne converted to Islam last April and even plans to change her name to Aminah.
The single mum, who patrols Eccles, Gtr Manchester, as a Police Community Support Officer, says: “I thought Islam was all about women being forced to slave away in the kitchen — but I foundout it was about being generous with your time, and patient and respectful of others.
“As I looked into it, I saw similarities with Catholicism and noticed values such as looking after your neighbours and cherishing the elderly, which is something older people say younger people don’t do any more. “I wasn’t looking for any religion at the time but for every question I had answered about Islam, I had five more. I think I fell in love with it
(As reported by BC and Sun, UK)

1 Like

Re: Woman Police Officer In UK Revert To Islam by truthman2012(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2013
nmuhd: WOMEN POLICE OFFICER IN UK REVERTS TO ISLAM
PCSO Jayne, 28:
JAYNE KEMP patrols her beat wearing a traditional hijab headscarf and even works extra time after shifts so she can attendFriday prayers at her mosque. Devout Jayne converted to Islam last April and even plans to change her name to Aminah.
The single mum, who patrols Eccles, Gtr Manchester, as a Police Community Support Officer, says: “I thought Islam was all about women being forced to slave away in the kitchen — but I foundout it was about being generous with your time, and patient and respectful of others.
“As I looked into it, I saw similarities with Catholicism and noticed values such as looking after your neighbours and cherishing the elderly, which is something older people say younger people don’t do any more. “I wasn’t looking for any religion at the time but for every question I had answered about Islam, I had five more. I think I fell in love with it
(As reported by BC and Sun, UK)

This is no news. Anybody can exercise his/her freedom of religion.
Re: Woman Police Officer In UK Revert To Islam by dexmond: 12:56pm On May 23, 2013
source? or did you forge it?
Re: Woman Police Officer In UK Revert To Islam by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 23, 2013
May Allah strenghten her faith

(1) (Reply)

EID Mubarak Images And EID Mubarak Wishes / 4 Apps You Should Download This Ramadan / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.