Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Importing Fruits From South Africa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Importing Fruits From South Africa (5144 Views)

Start Importing Laptops Into Nigeria And Keep Making The Money (INTRO) / Importing Building Materials From China / Guidelines For Importing Goods Into Nigeria (clearing Your Goods) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importing Fruits From South Africa by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 20, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, I am interested in going into fruit importation business, apples precisely from South Africa. Budgeted quantity is from 1000 cartons to 40ft container. Please I really need information and advice from you guys on how this business is done.

For instance, is it contraband in Nigeria? Am I to obtain registeration from any govt organisation in Nigeria? How do I get suppliers in South Africa either online or being there physically? And what are the best and easiest ways to dispose them in Nigeria, once they arrive and are cleared.

Please, all responses would be appreciated. One love.
Re: Importing Fruits From South Africa by onatisi(m): 10:01pm On May 20, 2013
bro i think it will be better if you go there yourself , remember fruit are perishable items
Re: Importing Fruits From South Africa by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 20, 2013
onatisi: bro i think it will be better if you go there yourself , remember fruit are perishable items

Yeah, but i also need to know the places in south africa where the plantations, manufacturers and suppliers r.
Re: Importing Fruits From South Africa by onatisi(m): 10:25pm On May 20, 2013
mobuch:

Yeah, but i also need to know the places in south africa where the plantations, manufacturers and suppliers r.
dont rely too much on info here ,i believe when u get there u will see the plantations urself and meet the farmers there.
Re: Importing Fruits From South Africa by jjjkkkooo: 1:19am On May 21, 2013
It will be a nice biz, but research very well. I was in SA last year and saw a prospect in importing either apple or grapes. they are so cheap there.
Re: Importing Fruits From South Africa by abbe7(m): 9:48am On May 21, 2013
@ Op

U can try these few:

www.fruits.co.za
www.jabfruits.co.za
www.safe.co.za

Negotiate directly and request certain health certifications.

Most imports come by air due to d nature of d goods and quicker way to bring in goods but however more expensive. Delivery from SA to Nigeria, around a week.

For container imports, u might be given a reefer container where the fruits will be packed under a certain controlled cool temperature to preserve fruit life span. Delivery from SA to Nigeria, 2 weeks at d most.

You will need to register with Nafdac before import as it concerns human consumption.

Apart from negotiating with these fruit suppliers, never forget to ask what shipping coys they intend to use so u can do ur ground work as regards to which has an affordable freight cost and a good terminal, where d container is destined to be stacked.

An array of shipping coys u can meet with are PIL, Hanjin, MSC, Niledutch, Maersk (< expensive). Its important u meet and compare freight and also see to it if u can be granted certain import privilledges and concessions which is very important if u favourably seek a repeat in ur imports.

Its very important u do thorough findings so u are not caught unawares..

There is nothing new. If u need import advice feel free.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Importing Fruits From South Africa by Nobody: 10:19am On May 21, 2013
abbe7: @ Op

U can try these few:

www.fruits.co.za
www.jabfruits.co.za
www.safe.co.za

Negotiate directly and request certain health certifications.

Most imports come by air due to d nature of d goods and quicker way to bring in goods but however more expensive. Delivery from SA to Nigeria, around a week.

For container imports, u might be given a reefer container where the fruits will be packed under a certain controlled cool temperature to preserve fruit life span. Delivery from SA to Nigeria, 2 weeks at d most.

You will need to register with Nafdac before import as it concerns human consumption.

Apart from negotiating with these fruit suppliers, never forget to ask what shipping coys they intend to use so u can do ur ground work as regards to which has an affordable freight cost and a good terminal, where d container is destined to be stacked.

An array of shipping coys u can meet with are PIL, Hanjin, MSC, Niledutch, Maersk (< expensive). Its important u meet and compare freight and also see to it if u can be granted certain import privilledges and concessions which is very important if u favourably seek a repeat in ur imports.

Its very important u do thorough findings so u are not caught unawares..

There is nothing new. If u need import advice feel free.

Regards

Thanks Bro, God bless smiley
Re: Importing Fruits From South Africa by abbe7(m): 11:58am On May 21, 2013
No probs
Re: Importing Fruits From South Africa by DisGuy: 8:45pm On May 21, 2013
very interesting idea

(1) (Reply)

Biz U Can Start With 60k And Get Up To 200k In Returns. / FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months / What Is The Importance Of PHCN Bill For Opening Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.