Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft (9221 Views)

Ps3 ,xbox 360 ,ps4 And Xbox One Game Swap Zone / Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console / What If Apple Decides To Make Their Own Game Console? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by 25omega(m): 6:08pm On May 21, 2013

Microsoft has revealed its new Xbox, the successor to the Xbox 360. It’s a next-generation console, with plenty of power under the hood, but it’s also clearly about consolidating your digital entertainment and operate as much more of a lifestyle device.

“Where all of your entertainment comes alive in one place,” is how Microsoft’s Don Mattrick put it on stage during his introduction. The entire event was prefaced with a description of the various types of non-game media that’s becoming popular with online streaming set-top boxes and mobile devices. “To continue to lead, we must provide compelling answers to new questions,” Mattrick said.
There’s a “Snap Mode” feature, too, which looks like the Microsoft Windows 8 experience, in that it allows you to run two activities simultaneously. So you can watch a movie and then also browse the Internet at the same time, for example, to look up elements of that film. You can even use Skype, newly introduced to Xbox with the Xbox One, and have that running in Snap Mode too.

The Snap Mode feature does something that has until now mostly been reserved for computers and for mobile and tablet devices: provides a second-screen experience that runs right alongside things like live TV. Adding basically a HUD layer to live TV might be the Xbox One’s biggest appeal for content providers who are looking for additional ways to engage audiences losing interest in traditional ads.

The new device interacts with a television, responds to voice and gesture commands, and includes Skype video calling, 15 exclusive game titles and original programming content.

The Xbox One will chiefly compete with Nintendo Co’s new Wii U and Sony Corp’s forthcoming PlayStation 4 for a bigger slice of the $65 billion-a-year computer game market.

Microsoft has taken the step to field a device that seems like it would be equally at home in either a hardcore gamer’s, or a non-player’s living room. That should help them deal with a changing gaming industry.

http://mashable.com/2013/05/21/xbox-ones-new-controller-hands-on/

1 Like

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Bawss1(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2013
Hmmm. Now to see if the rumoured specs were correct
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Nobody: 9:05am On May 22, 2013
what ? angry angry angry angry I just got the xbox360 with kinect 10 months ago

Stop updating abeg undecided angry angry

4 Likes

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Nobody: 9:05am On May 22, 2013
but it looks like a prototype
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Lilimax(f): 9:07am On May 22, 2013
25omega: There’s a “Snap Mode” feature, too, which looks like the Microsoft Windows 8 experience, in that it allows you to run two activities simultaneously. So you can watch a movie and then also browse the Internet at the same time, for example, to look up elements of that film. You can even use Skype, newly introduced to Xbox with the Xbox One, and have that running in Snap Mode too.
^^ Great!. I am off to acquire this cheesy cheesy
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Sanboy25: 9:11am On May 22, 2013

I don't think I'll buy it.
XBox 360 Elite, PSVita, PS3, Nintendo Ds....
Too much money is going in their pocket... angry

1 Like

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Castos(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2013
My love for game has increased. Will I be able to read again. cry

1 Like

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by 50calibre(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2013
I see Sony now making final preparations to unleash the new PS4, question now is which do I buy?
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by hustla242: 9:12am On May 22, 2013
Doesn't seem too different. I'm licking my lips awaiting the PS4 tongue

1 Like

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Nobody: 9:12am On May 22, 2013
defo getting dis.. damn.. cant wait already..
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Nobody: 9:16am On May 22, 2013
Craps, waiting for PS4

Sony rules
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Nobody: 9:23am On May 22, 2013
hustla242: Doesn't seem too different. I'm licking my lips awaiting the PS4 tongue
ps4 wen am still playin ps1sadsad

1 Like

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Nobody: 9:24am On May 22, 2013
adaobi123: what ? angry angry angry angry I just got the xbox360 with kinect 10 months ago

Stop updating abeg undecided angry angry

lol...i understand....but the beautiful ones are not yet born...buy this one and they will produce PlayStation5
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Nobody: 9:26am On May 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Craps, waiting for PS4

Sony rules
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by samir101ng(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2013
grin grin According to reports, the new Xbox ONE will make it mandatory for all games to be copied to the hard drive and activated online before playing. Once activated on a console, it cannot be played on another without paying a token fee. That's Microsoft way of killing the used games market and combating piracy. Chai !!! angry angry Africa don disqualify for that category.

2 Likes

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Nobody: 9:28am On May 22, 2013
maxwello.yg:

lol...i understand....but the beautiful ones are not yet born...buy this one and they will produce PlayStation5

grin

My brothers have the ps3 too, ps4 is coming out soon undecided

The technology market these days. grin undecided
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by naijasfunniest: 9:30am On May 22, 2013
That is one ugly console......and i'm one of the hugest xbox fans....
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by OmolodMilkman93(m): 9:30am On May 22, 2013
to the production of video games, der is no end and mere devotion to dem is wearisome to the flesh

1 Like

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by mj(m): 9:41am On May 22, 2013
This is more than a game console, this is home entertainment. I'm gonna buy this for sure.
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by An0nimus: 9:42am On May 22, 2013
naijasfunniest: That is one ugly console......and i'm one of the hugest xbox fans....
true. the controller looks cool though. All these video game makers sefundecided jus when the Xbox 360 and PS3 started packing some very mad games with even madder graphics..
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Okijajuju: 9:44am On May 22, 2013
Finally!!! I have something to put on my Christmas wishlist to my wife.

Sadly!! My kid brother will also put this shit on his Christmas wishlist to me.. angry

When is the PLAYSTATION 4 coming out sef..
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by wheesin(m): 9:46am On May 22, 2013
ps4 sh't ,am off to buy my beloved ancient of ages sega game..it stil rock

1 Like

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by elliottibanga(m): 9:50am On May 22, 2013
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Leopantro: 9:54am On May 22, 2013
Ring of death
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by AtheistD(m): 9:55am On May 22, 2013
Why not just get a gaming PC... too hell with consoles angry angry angry
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Chregor(m): 10:00am On May 22, 2013
Hahahahahahahaaahhahahahaa
hahahahahahahhaha;
thrilled by my touch Nokia soccer game, fall off a staircase and crashes into a flower pot.
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by AbuMikey(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2013
NeXt thread plS...
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by ijaola(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2013
Money cannot waste, still rocking my Xbox 360 even it still 20gb hdd tongue[color=#006600][/color]
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by TS2(m): 10:19am On May 22, 2013
godjohnson: ps4 wen am still playin ps1sadsad

cry My brother, E go beta...

3 Likes

Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by Nobody: 10:21am On May 22, 2013
T.S:

godjohnson: ps4 wen am still playin ps1sadsad

grin grin
Re: XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft by TS2(m): 10:23am On May 22, 2013
T.S:

adaobi123:

grin grin

That was my initial reaction. LOL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Get A Chipped (pirated)xbox 360? / Who Plays Brawlhalla Mobile Here?? / Sony Playstation Network Has Been Hacked Finally!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.