Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Contract Staff With Exxon Or Masters Abroad - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Contract Staff With Exxon Or Masters Abroad (1284 Views)

#60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me / Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff / Union Bank Secretly Lays-Off 1000 Contract Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Contract Staff With Exxon Or Masters Abroad by kempo(m): 10:54am On Apr 25, 2008
A friend of mine needs an advice, he works as a contract staff with Exxon. Although they pay him well, he is afraid the job is not secured. He wants to use the money he has saved so far an go abroad for his masters. He is also not sure if he will get something better if he finishes. He wants to know if it is wise for him to hang on to the job and save like tomorrow no dey until the job ends before traveling for his masters. Please your advise will highly be appreciated.
Re: Contract Staff With Exxon Or Masters Abroad by mogambe: 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2008
Kempo
i understand how tricky this decision can be. but truth be told, ur friend cant EAT HIS CAKE AND HAVE IT.
if he has no less than 5m in a savings acc. i advise he starts processing his travel papers while on the job and then get out of the country when he gets admission at a reputable sch. to study a LUCRATIVE course.
at least his CV will speak for him when he comes back. that is if he is not wise enough to prolong his stay overseas.
Exxon is not the only "armed-robber salary" paying company in the world.

so i guess ur friend is not sure he can travel out or is not sure of his abilities to secure another job even after his studies.
greed kills. grin shocked
take care.

(1) (Reply)

Help / Free E-book On Laptop Repair Manual / Vacancy For Office Intern And Pre-sales Engineer (nysc) @ Pinnacle Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.