Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Air Nigeria To Pay Passenger N5mn For Flight Cancellation, Court Rules - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Nigeria To Pay Passenger N5mn For Flight Cancellation, Court Rules (550 Views)

Airline Passenger Finds Lizard In Her Food (Photo) / Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Passenger Falls Out Of Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Air Nigeria To Pay Passenger N5mn For Flight Cancellation, Court Rules by RoblesOg(m): 1:18pm On May 22, 2013
A Federal High Court in Lagos has ordered Air Nigeria to pay N5 million to Hakeem Ogunniran as damages for cancelling his flight from Nigeria to South Africa.

Justice Okon Abang gave the order while delivering judgment in a suit filed by the plaintiff against the airline over loss of business due to cancellation of flight.

M. Abang awarded the sum as general damages for the inconvenience and emotional trauma suffered by the plaintiff as a result of the defendant’s negligence.

“The defendant ought to have put in place measures to ensure that a passenger does not incur further expenses where there is a flight cancellation.

Read details here:http://premiumtimesng.com/news/135548-jimoh-ibrahims-troubled-air-nigeria-to-pay-passenger-n5mn-for-flight-cancellation-court-rules.html
Re: Air Nigeria To Pay Passenger N5mn For Flight Cancellation, Court Rules by apoti(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2013
Good development. I think I will be praying for my next flight to be cancelled. I will sue for trauma and even heart attack caused by the cancellation wink
But on a serious note, why is it that anything Jimoh Ibrahim touches ends up ruins shocked
Re: Air Nigeria To Pay Passenger N5mn For Flight Cancellation, Court Rules by israel007: 11:30pm On May 23, 2013
Good. They should be made to pay for their irresponsibility and attitude of no remorse

You miss a flight, u pay a fine or forget the cash

They cancel your flight, its business as usual

(1) (Reply)

Fastjet Agrees To Form Low-cost Airline With Nigeria’s Red 1 / Please Advice Me! / Nigerians To Pay £3,000 To Enter Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.