Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water (19272 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Should Always Drink Lemon Water / 23 Benefits Of Lemon Water You Should Never Miss! / Diabetic Diet: How Lemon And Lemon Water Can Help Cure Diabetes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by ilelabola(m): 3:52pm On May 22, 2013
1) Aids Digestion. Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion. Lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating. The American Cancer Society actually recommends offering warm lemon water to cancer sufferers to help stimulate bowel movements.

2) Cleanses Your System / is a Diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in part because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Therefore toxins are released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy. The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.

3) Boosts Your Immune System. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in lemons demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects, and is used as complementary support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms plus it enhances iron absorption in the body; iron plays an important role in immune function. Lemons also contain saponins, which show antimicrobial properties that may help keep cold and flu at bay. Lemons also reduce the amount of phlegm produced by the body.

4) Balances pH Levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. Sure, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they’re alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid, weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.

5) Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne. It can actually be applied directly to scars or age spots to help reduce their appearance. Since lemon water purges toxins from your blood, it would also be helping to keep your skin clear of blemishes from the inside out. The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.

6) Energizes You and Enhances Your Mood. The energy a human receives from food comes from the atoms and molecules in your food. A reaction occurs when the positive charged ions from food enter the digestive tract and interact with the negative charged enzymes. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. The scent of lemon also has mood enhancing and energizing properties. The smell of lemon juice can brighten your mood and help clear your mind. Lemon can also help reduce anxiety and depression.

7) Promotes Healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage. As noted previously, vitamin C also displays anti-inflammatory properties. Combined, vitamin C is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of good health and recovery from stress and injury.

cool Freshens Breath. Besides fresher breath, lemons have been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. Be aware that citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should be mindful of this. No not brush your teeth just after drinking your lemon water. It is best to brush your teeth first, then drink your lemon water, or wait a significant amount of time after to brush your teeth. Additionally, you can rinse your mouth with purified water after you finish your lemon water.

9) Hydrates Your Lymph System. Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed, just to name a few.

10) Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster. I personally find myself making better choices throughout the day, if I start my day off right, by making a health conscious choice to drink warm lemon water first thing every morning.

http://tasty-yummies.com/2013/03/18/10-benefits-to-drinking-warm-lemon-water-every-morning/

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by delors(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2013
So once I drink it, all the above will happen to me at once abi? Correct. How many litres per day please?

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by Lilimax(f): 2:10pm On May 23, 2013
Nice write up. Will give it a try.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by Rastamann: 2:11pm On May 23, 2013
This is good information but does one need to warm it? Will ordinary lemon juice not perform the same function like the warm one?
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by julioralph(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2013
delors: So once I drink it, all the above will happen to me at once abi? Correct. How many litres per day please?
litres ke?
The juice from 2 small lemons should be ok.
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by blueghost(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2013
thanks for the tip
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by xynerise: 2:12pm On May 23, 2013
How about a cold Lemon juice? undecided
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by YusufG: 2:13pm On May 23, 2013
Msteeew...Nonsence
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by MyPoint: 2:18pm On May 23, 2013
I use Lemon often. I confess that its effect in your system is hilarious.

[size=15pt]MIX FRESH LEMON WITH CREAM(MILK) AND YOU WILL LIKE THE YOGHOURT EFFECT. [/size] cheesy
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by rodeo0070(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2013
Nice info. But you did not state how to prepare it. Do I need to warm the lemon juice or I should mix it with a warm water? How many cups does one needs to take? undecided
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 23, 2013
wow. what of slim physique? will this make you thinner.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by xynerise: 2:26pm On May 23, 2013
SamConquer: AN OPEN LETTER TO THE MOD CALL Sexkillz. Dear Sexkillz It Has come to my notice that you dont want to Fuc*ing Leave me alone.at the slightest provocation you are happy to ban me.I dont know You(and dont want to)any you dont know Me.why are you fuc*ing disturbing my monicker.Am not In Nairaland For you.Please allow me have my Freedom of Speech.I Cant Pretend by writing what is not on my mind.I say what is on my Mind cause I gat no time to edit.You ain't the owner of Nairaland and You are Acting Like one(power hungry).Go Get your own website and perform your 'power drunkness' there....all the same this just my 2 pounds...I dedicate this post to the ''hidden post''
Reborn Antelope

Nairaland has a complaint thread
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by Occurstaem(m): 2:26pm On May 23, 2013
Useful
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 23, 2013
sweet!!
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by Foxycarol(f): 2:31pm On May 23, 2013
winkNOTED
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by mysticgal(f): 2:33pm On May 23, 2013
Er but i dont like it,it usually slaps my mouth embarassed
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by SamConquer(m): 2:40pm On May 23, 2013
xynerise:
Reborn Antelope

Element Of No Economic Value...Did I Call Your Name In all the Post above?You Scallywag!

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by fpeter(f): 2:41pm On May 23, 2013
Sometime ago i embarked on this lemon-therapy but i realised that for some reason
i started having trouble sleeping especially at night, i googled it and discovered
that one of the side effects could be "insomnia"

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by SamConquer(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2013
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by henchamb(m): 2:56pm On May 23, 2013
all the above works because my doctor recommended it for me. but it must be warm.
xynerise:
Reborn Antelope

. reborn antelope grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
SamConquer: Element Of No Economic Value...Did I Call Your Name In all the Post above?You Scallywag!
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by DICKtator: 2:59pm On May 23, 2013
Lemon water or lime with salt!!!gives postinor a run for its money
grin grin grin grin
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by daviide: 3:00pm On May 23, 2013
SamConquer: Element Of No Economic Value...Did I Call Your Name In all the Post above?You Scallywag!
calm down boyz no need for name callings

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by delequake(m): 3:29pm On May 23, 2013
MyPoint: I use Lemon often. I confess that its effect in your system is hilarious.

[size=15pt]MIX FRESH LEMON WITH CREAM(MILK) AND YOU WILL LIKE THE YOGHOURT EFFECT. [/size] cheesy
if i'm correct, the mixture is called buttermilk.
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 23, 2013
mysticgal: Er but i dont like it,it usually slaps my mouth embarassed
its not as hard as succ.king d1kc, try it
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by imperiouxx(m): 5:16pm On May 23, 2013
This is good. I started taking Propel Lemon Water with artificial sweetener like sucralose lately. It's better than taking soft drinks with lots of soda. Though never knew it's nutritionally recommended.
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by beauty4(f): 5:29pm On May 23, 2013
But i heard its not advisable wen trying to concieve. Pls aw true is this myth?
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by WinkWrld: 5:45pm On May 23, 2013
Water melon also helps the joystick to become more firm.
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by Onasa22: 6:17pm On May 23, 2013
Thanks for that piece of information
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water by CooldudeY2J: 6:29pm On May 23, 2013
Now i see why my aunt can't go a day without a glass of lemon & warm water.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3.2m Nigerians Live With HIV / How To Cure Staph? / 321 New COVID-19 Cases, 312 Discharged And 2 Deaths On August 24 -(3588 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.