Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. (1102 Views)

Boy With Giant Hand Found Begging On Lagos Street (Graphic Photos) / Mother Abandons Four-year-old Sick Girl In Hospital / US Evacuating Two Americans Sick With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by njideoby(f): 5:39pm On May 22, 2013
Recently, I have observed everyday on my way back from work,especially on busy traffic the unshameful ways Nigerians now expose some critically ill(sick) individuals or babies with abnormal conditions on our traffics, with the aim of getting financial aids from commuters.
They now do it as a form of charity Organisation even to the extent of making uniforms for the young men and women that spread out to commuters with big sack bags for money. Meanwhile the sick person they are allegedly trying to source the fund for will be kept under the scorching heat of the sun without any medical support.
The one I saw today was so touching,a very tender baby with a huge abnormal collection of fluid in the head (hydrocephaly) carried by a group of Men under the sun just to gather sympathy,with no sign of the baby's mother around.I guess these are all signs of unemployment and joblessness among our youths.
Fellow N/Landers have any other person observed this and what are your takes on this latest development.

1 Like

Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 22, 2013
Abeg chairman, what does the "TRAFFICKERS" in your write up mean?
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 22, 2013
"Even to the extend of"
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 22, 2013
Finally, my take is that we should learn to find our own faults, label and address them before picking on others. ANY OBJECTIVE OVERVIEW?
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by njideoby(f): 6:12pm On May 22, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]Abeg chairman, what does the "TRAFFICKERS" in your write up mean?[/quote][quote author=Rehnoy]"Even to the extend of"

Sorry Sir, I mean commuters,
"even to the extent of"
Teacher Chike!
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 22, 2013
njideoby: [color=#006600][/color]Abeg chairman, what does the "TRAFFICKERS" in your write up mean?"Even to the extend of"

Sorry Sir, I mean commuters,
"even to the extent of"
Teacher Chike!
. Oya start editing them.
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by njideoby(f): 6:31pm On May 22, 2013
Oya start editing them.

THANKS!
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 22, 2013
njideoby: Oya start editing them.

THANKS!
Looks like u're new on nairaland, don't u no how to quote posts and reply dem?
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by njideoby(f): 8:34pm On May 22, 2013
Not new,but mostly an observer.
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 22, 2013
njideoby: Not new,but mostly an observer.
Okay. There are 3 options beneath a persons post, quote report like. Just click on quote beneath the post u want to reply then type ur message. Let's start from there.
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by njideoby(f): 10:41pm On May 22, 2013
Rehnoy: Okay. There are 3 options beneath a persons post, quote report like. Just click on quote beneath the post u want to reply then type ur message. Let's start from there.
Thanks for the tutorials.
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by Nobody: 6:20am On May 23, 2013
njideoby:
Thanks for the tutorials.
NO P.
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by dominique(f): 8:52am On May 23, 2013
@topic
The trend is not exactly new but its disturbing none the less. Back in my undergraduate days (around 06/07). From Ikeja to yaba to oshodi, you would see 'NGOs' putting out poor diseased people under the scorching sun in the name of begging for money for treatment. There was this particular man at Yaba whose privates had some kind of tumour and they were constantly kept on display for weeks sad. What is even more heartbreaking is that these so called NGO don't spend the money on the patients (according to an article I read in punch around that time). Talk about greed and wickedness.
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by Lagusta(m): 9:49am On May 23, 2013
Some patients are real, while others are FAKE!!!!!

i remember someone narrated an ordeal she experienced while coming back from work, a lady came to her and said she has breast cancer, in fact, she was exposing her breast all because of money!!!!

of course she was fake, cos bosom cancer has some peculiar features which you cant miss, eg pungent smell, discoloration of surrounding skin, etc
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by obicentlis: 12:33pm On May 24, 2013
Every Morning, on my way to work, these people will use a sick person as a mode to appeal for ur sympathy and the will playing a sympathy kinda song.
But what keep me wondering is, does it mean that the ve not gotten upto the money to take care of the sick patient?
This is a serious issue.
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by dominique(f): 7:37pm On May 24, 2013
@Lagusta
Some of those displayed on the roadsides look pretty real. Anywhichway, I think its inhuman exposing sick people to harsh conditions in the name of seeking funds for treatment.
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by Lagusta(m): 8:43pm On May 24, 2013
dominique: @Lagusta
Some of those displayed on the roadsides look pretty real. Anywhichway, I think its inhuman exposing sick people to harsh conditions in the name of seeking funds for treatment.

Yeah, real or fake, its all bad...
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by nnamdizen(m): 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
I have come across these heartless people on several ocasions on my way to the office, and each time i see them i try to look the other way just to contain the anger developing inside me.
This inhuman handling of the sick has been in existence for years now, and i wonder what the so many human rights organisations in the country are doing about it, or maybe the "#bring back our girls" campaign the so called protesters cant give a clear account of is more worthy of attention than an evil perpetrated before our eyes on daily basis.
Re: New Trend In Begging Business-use Of Sick Persons. by njideoby(f): 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
nnamdizen:
I have come across these heartless people on several ocasions on my way to the office, and each time i see them i try to look the other way just to contain the anger developing inside me.
This inhuman handling of the sick has been in existence for years now, and i wonder what the so many human rights organisations in the country are doing about it, or maybe the "#bring back our girls" campaign the so called protesters cant give a clear account of is more worthy of attention than an evil perpetrated before our eyes on daily basis.
God bless u,my dear.

(1) (Reply)

How To Shrink And Dissolve Fibroids Using Natural Herbs / Ebola Conspiracy Theories!! / Meet The Man Who Survived Ebola And Learn From Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.