Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why Is It Uncommon To See Black Goal Keepers In European Leagues - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is It Uncommon To See Black Goal Keepers In European Leagues (652 Views)

Vintage Pictures Of Goal Keepers In Flight / Most Efficient Strikers In Top European Leagues / Africans In European Football: The Best Of 2010-2011? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Uncommon To See Black Goal Keepers In European Leagues by ConcernMan: 11:01pm On May 22, 2013
I have observed for quite some years now that one hardly finds black goal keepers in top European leagues expect French league. In fact the last time I recall seeing a black goalkeeper in Premier League was Shaka Hislop of Portsmouth that was about 5 years ago or more. Does it mean that blacks are not good in being shot stoppers?
Re: Why Is It Uncommon To See Black Goal Keepers In European Leagues by Sanboy25: 11:09pm On May 22, 2013

Because Black men are better known for their running abilities and that's it...
Kind of sad... undecided
Re: Why Is It Uncommon To See Black Goal Keepers In European Leagues by AndreUweh(m): 12:15pm On May 23, 2013
Chelsea has a black keeper in their youth team. The chap is very good.
Watch out
Re: Why Is It Uncommon To See Black Goal Keepers In European Leagues by Eri8: 1:48am On May 24, 2013
Not the biggest soccer fan, I was born and raised in the stars and watch basketball. But I think it is because black african are know for their athleticism so it just makes more sense to let them loose on to the open field and use their speed with the ball and play defense.

(1) (Reply)

Sidney Sam Vs Nigeria Football Federation- NFF Labels Sam 'disrespectful' / CONFEDERATIONS CUP 2013: Brazil V Japan Preview. / Messi's New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.