Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel (1334 Views)

Why Is It Indecent For A Lady To Bare Her Bosoms In Public? / Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? / Who Do I Serve First? My Husband Or A Guest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by damatiti(f): 10:04am On Apr 26, 2008
Is it a norm in Nigeria for a man to invite a guest from another country and keep this person in a hotel. These two persons were having a long distance relationship for over a year and they decided to meet in order to move to another level, yet when the lady arrived she was taken to a hotel. This person is a big boss in one business and must have a house, or so I belief. He has a car and a chauffeur who is driving her around while he is at work. Perhaps it is all a big lie perhaps the car and office are just a charade?  What is he hiding? Could there be a wife or girlfriend at home? Perhaps he does not trust her and thinks she may steal his silver?

Please give me your views.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by damatiti(f): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2008
Why dont I get any response or comments? your silence confirms that I may have hit the nail on its head and that it is nja culture to invite guests and dump them in hotels?

I now want to conclude that 419 is part of Nigerian culture.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by bluehorizo(m): 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2008
Are you the woman in question?
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by damatiti(f): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2008
nope, a friend of the lady in question.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by ifyalways(f): 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2008
it might be for personal reasons undecided
Generally speaking,i think it might be either,hes married,he doesnt trust the gal enough to keep her in his house or his living a lie. . .his house might not be in tune with the picture his given to the gal.am speaking for myself anyway,he alone knows the real reason/s.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by romeo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2008
damatiti:

Why don't I get any response or comments? your silence confirms that I may have hit the nail on its head and that it is nja culture to invite guests and dump them in hotels?

I now want to conclude that 419 is part of Nigerian culture.

shut that mouth up!! is 419 part of you as a person? cheesy only people from other African countries say such stupid things

People keep their guests in Hotels because of security and power failures we all know we have in Naija, and i will assure you that the person has no bad motives at all by keeping her in a hotel
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by Cadet(f): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2008
ifyalways:

it might be for personal reasons undecided
Generally speaking,i think it might be either,hes married,he doesnt trust the girl enough to keep her in his house or his living a lie. . .his house might not be in tune with the picture his given to the girl.am speaking for myself anyway,he alone knows the real reason/s.
abi o
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by damatiti(f): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2008
romeo,

I did not insult Nigerians I merely said " I now want to conclude that 419 is part of Nigerian culture. " that was after I waited for a full day for views from nairalanders and did not get any.

Idiotic Romeo, you must shut that your mouth because you are spitting venom where it is not waranted. idiot 419ner. hahaha
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by HRhotness(f): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2008
Why must everything have diabolical undertones

Has anyone thot that perhaps its for her comfort?
hotels have back-up generators, room service, lush accomodations and all the luxuries he probably believes she's used to.
It might be a simple case of wanting to impress
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by bluehorizo(m): 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2008
damatiti:

I now want to conclude that 419 is part of Nigerian culture. " that was after I waited for a full day for views from nairalanders and did not get any.

Is it compulsory that people must comment on this? Young lady we shaould be respectful of our personalities and irrespective of culture and tribe. God bless Africa.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by romeo(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2008
damatiti:

romeo,

I did not insult Nigerians I merely said " I now want to conclude that 419 is part of Nigerian culture. " that was after I waited for a full day for views from nairalanders and did not get any.

Idiotic Romeo, you must shut that your mouth because you are spitting venom where it is not waranted. idiot 419ner. hahaha

Obviously you have inferiority complex when dealing with Nigerians, which African country is yours? stupid old thing.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by Blatant: 1:36pm On Apr 28, 2008
If we are all 419, please stay in your country and stop falling in love/lust with handsome Nigerian men. Or is every man in your country ugly and undesirable?
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by damatiti(f): 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2008
Blatant

The next piece was written by you BLATANT ,  I just copied it from "136 Nigerians Kicked Off British Airways Flight! pasted it here just to show u who u are. U said it, not me,  hehehehe

"Nigerians are the daftest of people on earth!!!

Please don't be offended.

Nigerians never think deep about anything, too shallow to consider what might also affect them or their families in future, too preoccupied with the NOW and blinded to the future.

I can bet many of those who read this story or even withnessed the event will be booking BA flights in the coming weeks.

Shame on us all  "

THATS WHAT YOU WROTE ABOUT YOURSELVES,  HEHEHEHEHEHEH
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by damatiti(f): 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2008
Romeo and Blatant

I looked for your views on nairaland about an issue I felt is very very unbecoming of an african. We (AFRICANS) never take our guests to hotels, we are very very accommodating and sincere with all whom we associate that is why this matter hurt us so much and my friend and I wanted to know if this was nigerian culture or 419 culture.

In my country when we invite guests we make sure we reserve a bedroom, if the house is full with relatives, we request the relatives to move into one room so as to make sure there IS A ROOM RESERVED FOR THE GUEST. we provide good hospitality for the guest and treat them to our traditional food and show them our way of living. This we do even to a total stranger,   that is africanism my friend.   

my friend left on Saturday and decided never to have anything to do with nigerians. Is that what you would have wanted. We preach about ONE AFRICA ONE PEOPLE ,  with people like u we have a very long way to go,  to reach what KWAME dreamed about.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by romeo(m): 2:58pm On Apr 28, 2008
damatiti:

Romeo and Blatant

I looked for your views on nairaland about an issue I felt is very very unbecoming of an african. We (AFRICANS) never take our guests to hotels, we are very very accommodating and sincere with all whom we associate that is why this matter hurt us so much and my friend and I wanted to know if this was nigerian culture or 419 culture.

In my country when we invite guests we make sure we reserve a bedroom, if the house is full with relatives, we request the relatives to move into one room so as to make sure there IS A ROOM RESERVED FOR THE GUEST. we provide good hospitality for the guest and treat them to our traditional food and show them our way of living. This we do even to a total stranger, that is africanism my friend.

my friend left on Saturday and decided never to have anything to do with nigerians. Is that what you would have wanted. We preach about ONE AFRICA ONE PEOPLE , with people like u we have a very long way to go, to reach what KWAME dreamed about.

I asked you to tell me your country and you are busy giving me long sermon!!

Putting guests in a hotel in Nigeria or elsewhere is not a bad thing or is it? Your friend (the guest) did not ask her host why she was lodged in a hotel instead of his home, neither did you.

But instead you came here running your mouth like an idiot branding our dear culture a "419 culture" .
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by Blatant: 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2008
Damawetin,

If you are to quote me, you should try and understand me before embarking on such a thing. Go and read between the lines and you see the meaning of what I wrote with regards to Nigerians flying BA.

BTW, what's Nigerians flying BA got to do with your inability to find a man among your own people?
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by Uche2nna(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2008
Blatant:

Damawetin,

If you are to quote me, you should try and understand me before embarking on such a thing. Go and read between the lines and you see the meaning of what I wrote with regards to Nigerians flying BA.

BTW, what's Nigerians flying BA got to do with your inability to find a man among your own people?

cheesy
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by Tonim(f): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2008
Blatant:

Damawetin,

Chei ! 'ol boy, you really sticked it to her grin grin

why do I have this feeling damawetin ( grin) and her "friend" have the same name and exact dna ?
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by brownbonno(m): 1:37am On Apr 29, 2008
[quote damatiti :Perhaps it is all a big lie perhaps the car and office are just a charade?  What is he hiding? Could there be a wife or girlfriend at home? Perhaps he does not trust her and thinks she may steal his silver?

Please give me your views.
[quote][/quote]

damatiti,
What views do you request other than the ones you have already sum up ?You/your friend only came with a skimming intention,but to your suprise and disappointment the fella did not fall to it.
Simple question-Why did you indicate your location as ABUJA?Do you live in Abuja ?
Remember,he that seek for equity must come with a clean hands.
I wonder what type of Africanism you are,do you just get a stranger from the street to your house or family house like you said ?After you friend have enjoyed all the lux she ever dreamt of in life there Nigeria only to turn back to brand Nigeria as 419 cultured.
Well,may the gods in Nigeria(the ayelala,the ogun,osun river,the kukuruku,the onitsha bridge,the Ikom,the magun,asokoro rock,the okija change your dream pattern.)
I give you SEVEN DAYS to come with your apology otherwise the sango will change your night to day and your day to night.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by topkin(m): 8:43am On Apr 29, 2008
U wan take am go ur family house before----- hisses angry
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by damatiti(f): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2008
brownbonno and all others who responded.

What luxury could she possibly enjoy in this your bad roads, no nepa, fake drugs, fake food , let me not name them all.

FIRSTLY my friend came because he pestered her to invite him so he could migrate to her country for good and she decided to come see for herself why he so desperately wants to get out from this so called Great Giant of Africa.

SECONDLY she came because she wanted to prove to others that the bad image they hear about nja could be a lie. BUT NOW SHE WILL GO AND CONFIRM THAT ALL THEY HEAR ABOUT NJA IS TRUE AND EVEN WORSE.

What she saw here disgusted her so much,  when she left she was vomiting from some bad bug she picked up in this YOUR so called good luxury hotels. she spent only 3 days in this your country. sha , I hope she did not pick up typhoid/ cholera , shame she may be quarantined like they do to dogs when she got home.

As for the dude who tried to 419 her, may he find some stupid white ladY in europe for a visa to go abroad. WHY DO YOU WANNA RUN AWAY FROM THIS YOUR COUNRTY . YOU MUST ALL STAY AND DEVELOP THE PLACE.

well I don't need anymore of your blah blah blah I rest my case. THANK YOU.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by romeo(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2008
damatiti:

What luxury could she possibly enjoy in this your bad roads, no nepa, fake drugs, fake food , let me not name them all.

FIRSTLY my friend came because he pestered her to invite him so he could migrate to her country for good and she decided to come see for herself why he so desperately wants to get out from this so called Great Giant of Africa.

SECONDLY she came because she wanted to prove to others that the bad image they hear about nja could be a lie. BUT NOW SHE WILL GO AND CONFIRM THAT ALL THEY HEAR ABOUT NJA IS TRUE AND EVEN WORSE.

What she saw here disgusted her so much, when she left she was vomiting from some bad bug she picked up in this YOUR so called good luxury hotels. she spent only 3 days in this your country. sha , I hope she did not pick up typhoid/ cholera , shame she may be quarantined like they do to dogs when she got home.

As for the dude who tried to 419 her, may he find some stupid white ladY in europe for a visa to go abroad. WHY DO YOU WANNA RUN AWAY FROM THIS YOUR COUNRTY . YOU MUST ALL STAY AND DEVELOP THE PLACE.

well I don't need anymore of your blah blah blah I rest my case. THANK YOU.

I am happy the guy kept you in a hotel, Useless old woman. Take your old ass back to your country and leave our men alone

You wanted to ride his big car and enjoy his big house but to your disappointment he made a wiser decision by keeping your old ass in a hotel cheesy
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by Uche2nna(m): 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2008
I wish it was not a hotel. Maybe a seedy roadside motel would be appropriate for this windpipe angry
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by brownbonno(m): 6:25pm On Apr 29, 2008
damatiti:

What she saw here disgusted her so much, when she left she was vomiting from some bad bug she picked up in this YOUR so called good luxury hotels. she spent only 3 days in this your country. sha , I hope she did not pick up typhoid/ cholera , shame she may be quarantined like they do to dogs when she got home.

well I don
't need anymore of your blah blah blah I rest my case. THANK YOU.

I am not interested in your explanations.You have to apologize to Nigerians here in this forum.Or you have to pack off from the country.
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by Blatant: 10:24am On May 09, 2008
damawetin, you still dey nigeria? you're still servicing our legislators in Abuja
Re: Why Do Nja Men Take Foreign Guest (lady) To A Hotel by mamaput(f): 5:34pm On May 09, 2008
and if he was very very serous with her because his family may thing low of her just staying in a mans house like that.

(1) (Reply)

When Does Personal Preference Cross Over To Racism? / 10 African Cultural Excuses That Must End / Obaro Of Kabba, Oba Michael Olobayo Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.