Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,721 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus (1901 Views)

The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State / Australian Man Claims To Be Jesus Reborn / Man Claims to Have Survived Without Food And Water For 70 Years! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by angelcj: 7:19pm On May 23, 2013
man-claims-to-be-jesus2
A 48-year-old man claims to be Jesus and that he came back to save the world.
Phetole Selepe, from Dan village, South Africa, claims he is Jesus Christ and was sent by his ancestors to save the world.....

Selepe has been living on the banks of the Letaba River which is located in the Eastern Limpopo Province of South Africa, since 2004, where he performed his rituals.
Although he was arrested more than eight times, the local municipality was unable to evict him. He seems to be “untouchable,” as he claims to be protected by a large water snake.
He thinks he can bring people back from the dead and that one day he will lead his people to Canaan and wash their sins. Selepe, who goes by many different identities, said he used one of his names, Molalatladi, to control the world.
“He is not the first to make that claim. In the past, many people have claimed, either by themselves or by their followers, to be Jesus or the Second Coming of Christ. If he is really Jesus why does he have a rap sheet?” Rebecca McNeil, 63, of Kent, England told YourJewishNews.com after hearing about Selepe’s Jesus claim. Selepe claims he realized he was Jesus in 1999!
“I was told to leave my family and come here to help the poor and those who are suffering,” Selepe said. “I’m not allowed to be with a woman and I can only eat bread, fish and bananas,” he added
source http://revealzone..com/2013/05/blasphemy-south-african-man-claims-to.html

Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by dopeJemi: 7:35pm On May 23, 2013
buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin pardon Me, I cudnt hoLd it in grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Freiburger(m): 7:37pm On May 23, 2013
Jesus everywhere. lipsrsealed
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 9:04pm On May 23, 2013
And why and how is this blasphemy??
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:58pm On May 23, 2013
How is this blasphemy? Didn't Jesus says whoever believe in him will do greater things than him?

This man believe in Jesus and wanna do great things. Maybe he will build a machine that can fly us to pluto
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 23, 2013
Jesus never promised to return in flesh and blood. He symbolically said ALL EYES will see him. This hunter claiming to be Jesus hasn't even left his village.

Anyway, Jesus said a lot of Jobless fake things will spring up, claiming to be him and will mislead many, so sexkillz isn't a tad surprised.
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Nobody: 12:55am On May 24, 2013
Blasphemy? Everything is blasphemy to una.
Seriously quit this s-- angry. Jesus was not the only messenger nor was he the last.
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by UyiIredia(m): 1:00am On May 24, 2013
*Kails*:
Blasphemy? Everything is blasphemy to una.
Seriously quit this s-- angry. Jesus was not the only messenger nor was he the last.

But the guy is apparently not Jesus so it's alright to call it a blasphemy. Why the beef

1 Like

Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Nobody: 3:44am On May 24, 2013
sexkillz: Jesus never promised to return in flesh and blood. He symbolically said ALL EYES will see him. This hunter claiming to be Jesus hasn't even left his village.

Anyway, Jesus said a lot of Jobless fake things will spring up, claiming to be him and will mislead many, so sexkillz isn't a tad surprised.

Jesus wasn't the first to bear that name. There are footballers who bear Jesus too.

And wasn't the one you believe in jobless too?

At least this one's black, and doesn't have a virgin mother.
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 4:01am On May 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
But the guy is apparently not Jesus so it's alright to call it a blasphemy. Why the beef

Apparently not Jesus.., Why? Because he's not white??
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 4:12am On May 24, 2013
sexkillz:
Jesus never promised to return in flesh and blood. He symbolically said ALL EYES will see him. This hunter claiming to be Jesus hasn't even left his village.

If Jesus is not going to come back in the flesh then what's the whole essence of him coming back at all? Every instance of people coming back or coming first has always been in the flesh, so why would jesus fail at his own turn?
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Vansnickers: 4:54am On May 24, 2013
okeyxyz:

Good question.
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Nobody: 6:32am On May 24, 2013
okeyxyz:

If Jesus is not going to come back in the flesh then what's the whole essence of him coming back at all? Every instance of people coming back or coming first has always been in the flesh, so why would jesus fail at his own turn?
Is it logically possible for all eyes to "literally" see Jesus when he returns "in the clouds?"
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Nobody: 6:33am On May 24, 2013
okeyxyz:

Even if he was white. . .
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Nobody: 6:35am On May 24, 2013
musKeeto:

Jesus wasn't the first to bear that name. There are footballers who bear Jesus too.

How many of them bear the name "Jesus Christ"?
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:38am On May 24, 2013
wetin be this? he looks lyk a Sangoma (Babalawo) . . undecided
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Nobody: 6:50am On May 24, 2013
sexkillz: How many of them bear the name "Jesus Christ"?

'christ' and 'messiah' both mean 'the annointed one'.. It's just a title...

Even the Igbo chieftaincy titles have more power than the name Christ.

1 Like

Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by dopeJemi: 8:28am On May 24, 2013
musKeeto:

Jesus wasn't d first 2 bear d name? And u said footbalLers bear it too, lol! Bro, I didn't know peopLe pLayed footbalL Back den.. D footbalLers dat bear d name, hau oLd r dey? Hau oLd is jesus navas? OLder dan abraham and moses rite? Who was d first 2 bear d name?
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Bantino(m): 8:48am On May 24, 2013
People likes talking trash shaa.
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Nobody: 9:37am On May 24, 2013
dopeJemi: Jesus wasn't d first 2 bear d name? And u said footbalLers bear it too, lol! Bro, I didn't know peopLe pLayed footbalL Back den.. D footbalLers dat bear d name, hau oLd r dey? Hau oLd is jesus navas? OLder dan abraham and moses rite? Who was d first 2 bear d name?

Oh boy, you have internet. Read up on the etymology of the name Jesus.

If I tell una the 'christ' never bore 'Jesus', una go say I dey blaspheme...

Edit:

Link: http://www.jesus8880.com/chapters/gematria/yehoshua.htm
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by UyiIredia(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2013
okeyxyz:

Because he was most certainly born of a non-virgin isn't known for miracles and did not arrive to earth in glory surrounded by a multitude of angels.
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by KiKatanga: 9:55am On May 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Because he was most certainly born of a non-virgin isn't known for miracles and did not arrive to earth in glory surrounded by a multitude of angels.

I hate to say this, but I think he is. He came to me in a dream a month ago and said "I promise you enlightenment, I promise you hope, I promise you salvation" I had no idea who he was so I asked what he meant, he said "have faith and my truth will light your path" and I woke up.

I had no idea who he was, but the man from the photograph, it was him.

I'm going to save up and go to South Africa, I want find out why he came to me and who he is. I'm scared, but I'm excited.
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by Nobody: 10:08am On May 24, 2013
^^^
grin
Omg. I love NL.
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by nep2ra(m): 10:34am On May 24, 2013
To those arguing about the name of Jesus:

The name Jesus is from the Greek "Eesoos". This was translated from the Hebrew name "Yeshua" (Joshua) which means "He saves" or "the one who comes to save". So there's no big deal about the name Jesus. Anybody can bear it. However, there's only one Jesus the Messiah.
Re: BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus by UyiIredia(m): 11:36am On May 24, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

I hate to say this, but I think he is. He came to me in a dream a month ago and said "I promise you enlightenment, I promise you hope, I promise you salvation" I had no idea who he was so I asked what he meant, he said "have faith and my truth will light your path" and I woke up.

I had no idea who he was, but the man from the photograph, it was him.

I'm going to save up and go to South Africa, I want find out why he came to me and who he is. I'm scared, but I'm excited.

shocked Because of this statement I'm going to check your profile.

(1) (Reply)

Rich Preachers, Rich Churches...poor Saints / Truth Finally Unveils In Ag-nigeria / Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.