Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,110 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:33 AM

All Film Practitioners Should Read This - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / All Film Practitioners Should Read This (613 Views)

Movie Practitioners Going Into Politics To Loot The Treasury-tunde Kelani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Film Practitioners Should Read This by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 23, 2013
ALL FILM PRACTITIONERS SHOULD READ THIS!!!

Have you ever been frustrated try to get the contact of a certain actor, producer, director, etc? Do you want people to easily find you for jobs? Are you looking for a platform to promote yourself and your work? Then the newly launched NOLLY website is here for you.

NOLLY has loads of cool and exciting features for film makers that include:

NOLLYPAGE - this is your online resume as a film maker, It allows you to list you previous jobs in the 'Portfolio' tab (if you haven't done any job, don't worry, NOLLYAUDITION is for you), post your personal details in the 'Personal Details' tab, display your head-shots/mug-shots, behind the scene photos,etc in the 'Gallery' tab, and most importantly, make your contact details available to privileged users in the 'Contact' tab.

NOLLYAUDITION - How would u like to be getting movie roles without going to auditions? This is an important part of your NOLLYPAGE; simply upload a short video of yourself acting. This would reduce the stress of physically being present and spending all day at auditions as producers would be able to see what you can do and contact you. For producers, the videos will help you cut to the chase and get the artiste you want at your leisure. More Hollywood people are turning their attention to the Nigeria movie industry, allow them see what you can do.

NOLLYARTICLE - a lot of negative things have been said about the Nigerian movie industry. This will focus on the positive side of our industry.

Other sections include NOLLYSHORT, NOLLYPAGE, NOLLYSHOW, NOLLYJOB, etc.

Visit http://www.nolly.com.ng and create an account now.

You can also follow us on twitter @NollyNG and BBM 295436C0

AFTER REGISTRATION, CLICK THE 'UPGRADE' LINK TO ENJOY ALL THE 'FILM PRACTITIONER' FEATURES ON THE SITE.

Let's be our brothers' keeper, spread this message to every film maker you know.
Re: All Film Practitioners Should Read This by VillageBoi(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2013
I did go to the site and end up reading the 'article' section http://www.nolly.com.ng/article

You should re-write the part 'Where's The EP?' The claims "The Nigeria film industry aka Nollywood has faced probably the greatest battery ever faced by a Film industry." kinda waters it down... all film indiustries have had and have issues; why make it sound as if we've had the hardest issues EVER in the history of film? - we have NOT!
And once I got to the word 'p0rn0graphy' I got totally bored of our ridiculous holier-than-thou attitude.
Re: All Film Practitioners Should Read This by Nobody: 8:32am On May 25, 2013
Thank you for your observation. That article was submitted by a member of the community you know? And I guess it is his peronal opinion. We will also appreciate if you can share your own thoughts/opinion with the community.

Cheers!
Re: All Film Practitioners Should Read This by VillageBoi(m): 10:46am On May 25, 2013
cnario: Thank you for your observation. That article was submitted by a member of the community you know? And I guess it is his peronal opinion. We will also appreciate if you can share your own thoughts/opinion with the community.

Cheers!

You're welcome. And no problem, my bad. Content on the site is actually submitted by 'community members'... Also under that 'article' section the website should be designed to say 'Read More' or 'Click for full article' or Continue Reading'... something along the lines to make it clear that what is seen is not the FULL article.

Remember you are looking to make the site 'user friendly' and knowing that people tend to skip and skim through things they have to know this at first glance. I only just realised now after seeing your reply that there is 'more' to the articles. Also the 'MORE' heading, the drop down heading that says '/Article' could, as it did me, lead one to think it's just something like written by the site owners... some little bit of extra information. It really should be '/articles... with an 's' (the sub-heading on the actual page does say 'articles') but if you make people really have to scrutinise and do a double-take on things before finding out what is what you will lose them.
Re: All Film Practitioners Should Read This by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 25, 2013
Thanks for your observation, your points have been duly noted; that's the reason for the 'Beta' testing. With contributions like yours, we will have a great site before the final launch.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Errors In Nigeria Movies / Do You Think Cartoons Are For Small Kids Alone? ? ?? / Twerking For Dummies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.