Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? (17032 Views)

Shocking News: Wicked House Maid Uses URINE To Prepare Meal For Her Boss' Family / Why Do People Spit Around? / Do You Spit Saliva On The Road In Front Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by dolphinife: 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
unless you are an ajebutter, but if u are an ajepako, minding the dirty environment you live in, there is no way u wouldn't spit on your urine cos the environment is dirty and smelling already
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by AlyricistLaura: 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
Wtf kind of thread is this?...

Ight that's enough of Nairaland for Today.

Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by clemmonce(m): 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
stupid topic. smething told me i should not click the topic that it is a stupid trend but i declined thinking maybe it was only the title that is wack. but i was disappointed. poster na wa for u.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Glamglam(f): 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
Never heard of this... I read strange stuff on nairaland.com daily, but this tops it!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by gbadexy(m): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
First time I would be hearing this.
I guess it depends on the area one grew up.
One enters his toilet to pee alone and don't know if the person is supposed to spit on it.
I grew in lag, went to public school and I've stayed in nearly all the major division in lagos, visited friends ibadan and ogun state in school days and I've never heard or witnessed it.
Although I've heard of more ridiculous superstitions before, but I guess one is not common to southwest.
I would like to hear from someone there that does or know of this practice.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Sgtkoselupa: 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
Chai, superstition. It's just that.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by naptu2: 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
yuzedo: tommaki bro did u growed up in side vilegge hut? undecided bro u neeed to tramvul to abroad, mayb gana or sera lone. wtf! wot a 21th centurry this grace!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
Who does that? undecided
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by naptu2: 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww!!! YUCK!

Quickly unfollows thread.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by ogasir2011: 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
It is very normal to spit after urinating, its biological. Each time you are urinating, a minute quantity of urine is also secreted through your silivary glands in your mouth. Spiting will vary b/w individuals because some salivary glands are bigger than others. Spiting while urinating its actually a reactive action from the irritation caused by the urine secretion in your Mouth.

Its more common in Males than Females

#Fact
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
I have heard enough on Nairaland. Spit on urine? On the floor abi toilet bowl? #confused
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by SmashingM(f): 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2013
Yes i'm still doing it tongue. When we were kids we were told it renders any charm useless grin grin grin. Now i do it unconsciously.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by kepsi123(m): 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
Not only did it hit front page it also has a second page.....
? Nairaland!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Gudiza(m): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
^^^ thanks to you.

Never known there was a superstition behind this...it's probably borne out of the usual cesspit of an environment a good number of Nigerians call home.

A more important question would be why people still urinate and spit on the streets and in public places....Ahhh, nevermind.

Still, Front page fail!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
190: [size=18pt]in 2013 people spit on their urine

Lawdddd!! have mercy

which kind country be this angry angry angry
[/size]

Moreover, in 2013 you're still using smiley faces just to pass your point across.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by nekaa(f): 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
Yes I do, buh mostly unconsciously
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by POLICECAP: 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
[size=18pt] Poverty is worse than ignorance... [/size]
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by darichlife: 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
well if you do that then check yourselves, you got a bad mouth odour too, dont know why it is like that till i stopped mine after consulting the A female Doctor
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by darichlife: 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
well if you do that then check yourselves, you got a bad mouth odour too, dont know why it is like that till i stopped mine after consulting the A female Doctor grin
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
Most of these hypocrites that are condemning this act as retro culture, by judging it with their so-called 21st century mentality, are not more educated than most of the people doing it.

Majority of these 21st century lifestyle advocate still defecate under the bridge and still use the pit toilet.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by tainot2002(m): 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
I do it everyday and i find hard to see the reason for spitting on my urine...
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by ATMCARD2(m): 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
tomakint: It's kind of a habit while growing up, I don't know why I engage in it but I do see that people whom I grew up with always spit at the spot where they just urinated!

I remembered asking my uncle way back then that, why do people spit at the spot where they urinated? He answered, 'so as not to make it smell'!

Over the years, I have discovered that it is more of a superstitious belief other than what many claimed it used to work for!

Do you still spit on the spot where you urinates?
.Did u grow up in d village n untidy environment?
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by ekubear1: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
Um....no.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by valicious1(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
190: [size=18pt]in 2013 people spit on their urine

Lawdddd!! have mercy

which kind country be this angry angry angry
[/size]
why ppl too de like dis guy posts, abi na'im de like his posts wit his many handles
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
This is the first time I'm hearing this!!! WTF!! shocked shocked undecided
Why will I do that?!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by chrisja(m): 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
REMMEI: well,i personally don't do it..if you are urinating in a stinking environ you won't only spit on your urine but on whatever that's close to you..
Really funny response...LOL
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
ogasir2011: It is very normal to spit after urinating, its biological. Each time you are urinating, a minute quantity of urine is also secreted through your silivary glands in your mouth. Spiting will vary b/w individuals because some salivary glands are bigger than others. Spiting while urinating its actually a reactive action from the irritation caused by the urine secretion in your Mouth.

#Fact
wtf!urine secretion in d mouth!!do u fink u are d only biology literate here.stp saying trash plz
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
Itz not a mata of class or forming stuff,bt av neva heard dis fin b4..itz kinda irritating 2 me
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by IZUKWU(m): 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
Hmmmm, i am hearing this,for the very first time..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's My Birthday! Here's my Speech / A Special Message For A Special Friend / What Is Your Greatest Phobia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.