Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 (14108 Views)

Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) / Pregnant Woman Dies After Marathon Sex With Strange Lover / Father Planned With Thugs To Kill His Pregnant Mistress' Unborn Baby In Knife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by derus(f): 12:55pm On May 24, 2013
Dis is PURE Wickedness little children .............xxxxxxxxx May God forgive dem all[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by TS2(m): 12:59pm On May 24, 2013
Nigeria...morally there has been no improvement since I was born. We jus say, "Things will get better" but things are going, no SPINNING out of control. Before you know it now people will say, "This country, this is the result of corruption, poverty, bad govt". Please which f***ing poverty will make someone sell her unborn child, steal her neighbour's child to sell, buy a STOLEN baby? And this buying of babies is prevalent in the East. This year alone, google how many baby making factories police has discovered there. What has government got to do with it? Yeah govt has a role to play in ensuring equality and proper wealth distribution and empowerment but...in Somalia and Sudan where poverty is more do women sell their unborn children? undecided

...this is crazy. I have a neighbour, she went to somewhere in Onitsha, Anambra to buy a baby. Came back after a week with a baby...guess what? She didnt know the baby she bought had a mental challenge. Now he's 6. He cant talk, communicate...Now, Nigerian baby sellers don dey dupe buyers. There should be honor or some semblance of it in the trade abi? " least there is honor among thieves na
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by AnOlAd: 1:00pm On May 24, 2013
Watched this last night on Channels news..... Point taken....Becareful of living ur children with ur neighbors..... She sold her neighbors son? thank you God for not sleeping...
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by coldgate(f): 1:06pm On May 24, 2013
Freiburger:
She's no evil, simply silly.
And you my dear are both evil and silly. Spare a thought for the parents of these children. Besides, it is a crime to traffic in humans last time I checked.
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by emmajarule: 1:09pm On May 24, 2013
This madness wtf!
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by EveryLadY(f): 1:11pm On May 24, 2013
Atheist:-D:
How can they be sure these babies are not being used for rituals?

In as much as rituals can not be ruled out in all cases,in this case they were not used for rituals.the 3rd woman in black/white clothe bought the 4yrs old Stanly.

Imagine the middle man(Ogbonna) saying she is doing this for humanitarian purpose.Why then do we have orphanages?who made her the humanitarian custodian for those in need of it? Though surrogacy is widely accepted in many countries, it is still illegal until approved by law.Even at that it must be done by appropriate authorities. The man even exonerated himself by saying he took one of the babies from a mentally deranged woman,pray,who made him a custodian mad people's kids? their response goes a long way to show how morally decayed our society has become. I weep.... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry for this country

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Freiburger(m): 1:12pm On May 24, 2013
coldgate:
And you my dear are both evil and silly. Spare a thought for the parents of these children. Besides, it is a crime to traffic in humans last time I checked.
Don't mind me smiley, i couldn't find a better word for her.
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Reachyrich(f): 1:14pm On May 24, 2013
Biz indeed.
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by tunshe: 1:25pm On May 24, 2013
This is also negative news,crime against humanity.

I wonder why no one is mentioning Islam or Muslims shocked

We need to see beyond sentiments and collectively condemn evil.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by miqos02(m): 1:27pm On May 24, 2013
Kayusfity: Results of a failed leadership. Poverty indeed
you are wrong, government has no hand in this
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Lucinka: 1:30pm On May 24, 2013
That is so sad. Check this heartbreaking document, that shocked the Denmark public. http://mercymercy.dk/
And there is so much more illegal adoptions.
http://www.againstchildtrafficking.org/category/operation-masho-ethiopia/
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Innodon(m): 1:47pm On May 24, 2013
high rate of immorality and poverty in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by TonySpike: 1:48pm On May 24, 2013
Shuo, this baby marketing enterprise don reach Lagos ni?
Haba, my people make una stop this play-play thing from East to West o.
#Eko o ni baje ooo!
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On May 24, 2013
God, have mercy!
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by AkinDavid2: 2:19pm On May 24, 2013
Goose Pimples!!! All over me after reading this.
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Fhemmmy: 2:21pm On May 24, 2013
Nigeria will not heal of her diseases till we all stop pointing fingers to one tribe for crimes, and realize that it is an issue that concerns all Nigerian and we need a joint hands to deal with it

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 24, 2013
This is not ONLY an Naija problem o! Angelina Jolie and Madonna went to Somalia and Malawi to collect African pikin like dey collect new handbag ! Which woman can carry 7 pound weight pikin in belle..feel da baby kick and jump in womb....like down and go through at least 10 hours of HARD LABOUR and PAIN and then sell de pikin like you deh sell pure water and gala !! The pain of Barreness cannot be easy o,especially in our culture! cry Chai ! Government must help these people o. Poverty and the Demand for 'issue' in childless marriages! Nawow!

Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by TonySpike: 2:35pm On May 24, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Nigeria will not heal of her diseases till we all stop pointing fingers to one tribe for crimes, and realize that it is an issue that concerns all Nigerian and we need a joint hands to deal with it

Dude, it is called profiling. Profiling is the first major step required to deal with a problem/syndrome that is yet to attain national scale. For example, the Boko-Haram syndrome is a clear case of an isolated syndrome and is being hit from its origin by the FG. Cases like these should be hit at its origin, so also cases like ritual killing, oluwole fraud, kidnapping e.t.c. The earlier they are solved and/or crushed at areas where they are rampant, the lower the chances of such syndrome(s) spilling into other parts of the country. However, the solution to this baby-selling syndrome is more skewed towards cultural ideologies - and is more related to greed - not poverty. I hope I have helped you...
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by linearity: 2:36pm On May 24, 2013
We are seeing the re-incarnation of the commoditization of the human being.

Just like 419, we learnt this line of business from the Whiteman, but as business genius or should I say evil genius, we usually go a step further than the Whiteman.

Unlike the whiteman who introduced and profited in this line of business before us; we are now making downpayments even for the unborn to be sold.

The other differences I see is that; the buyer this time around are not whitemen and their alleged reasons for entering into the trade differs a little bit from that of the whitemen.

The sellers also, are no longer been forced to do it out of the threat or fear of bodily harm, or under the duress of a gun or to safe guide their property or to retain their social status and standings; the sellers are now doing it willingly, voluntary and cheerfully. But the identity of the sellers still remain the same.. He/She is a friend, a neighbor, a family friend, an influential individual in the society, a trusted acquaintance, a criminal from the other village or town and a middleman. Some middlemen maintain a central clearing houses like of old, but some still prefer, the street corner, the secret bush path, the isolated building, etc.

Like 419, this line of business is here to stay, until the government does her job to either discourage it like prescribing the death penalty for all offenders or by improving poverty levels and disseminating information about the proper adoption criteria and also clearly codify in our laws that, the exchange of pre-contract aged individuals is illegal, even if they are done by their biological parents or trusted acquaintances under the directives of the parents.

Kids and teens are still been "rented" today on a daily bases in Nigeria for temporary or semi-temporary bases, some for monetary gains and the general public or media does not make any noise about it, because they think that it is okay...I am talking about eg a couple or someone in say Lagos going to the village and getting some kid or teen to come stay with them to do some errands in exchange for some monetary compensation for the parents back in the village and some promise of a good life and eduction. If the society on average thinks that the above scenario is acceptable, despite the fact that the teen is not old enough to enter into any contract and many times these decisions are done without their consent, then what is wrong if the biological parents does the same thing today but on a permanent basis? Where do we draw the legality or immoral line? Is it only when middlemen and women are involved or it is only when the kid or teen is not ours or is it only when people are forced into it?

Because of the blurry line between its legalities and what society have pre-accepted as the norm, some people doing this today does know if they are breaking any law or doing anything wrong and many of them are lied to by these middlemen/women to hide the gory details.

Personally, if gift/benefits exchange hands or are promised when exchanging any kid or teen, who is not legally able to enter into contract, that should be illegal even if the biological parent and some good intentioned individual are involved.
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by gtrust: 2:46pm On May 24, 2013
cold: Surrogacy is an arrangement in which a woman carries and delivers a child for another couple or person. The surrogate may be the child's genetic mother (called traditional surrogacy), or she may be genetically unrelated to the child (called gestational surrogacy). In a traditional surrogacy, the child may be conceived via home artificial insemination using fresh or frozen sperm or impregnated via IUI (intrauterine insemination), or ICI (intracervical insemination) performed at a health clinic. A gestational surrogacy requires the transfer of a previously created embryo, and for this reason the process always takes place in a clinical setting.
The intended parent or parents, sometimes called the social parents, may arrange a surrogate pregnancy because of female infertility, other medical issues which make pregnancy or delivery impossible, risky or otherwise undesirable, or because the intended parent or parents are male. The sperm or eggs may be provided by the 'commissioning' parents, but donor sperm, eggs and embryos may also be used. Although the idea of vanity surrogacy is a common trope in popular culture and anti-surrogacy arguments,there is little or no data showing that women choose surrogacy for reasons of aesthetics or convenience.
Monetary compensation may or may not be involved in surrogacy arrangements. If the surrogate receives compensation beyond the reimbursement of medical and other reasonable expenses, the arrangement is called commercial surrogacy; otherwise, it is often referred to as altruistic surrogacy. The legality and costs of surrogacy vary widely between jurisdictions, which results in high rates of international and interstate surrogacy activity.

Why can't the National Assembly enact a legislation to legalise this act in Nigeria.A lot of women are suffering in silence.

The gov't is still trying to sort out Malaria and Typhoid!
Just wait there they will soon finish! lol
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by TS2(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2013
queenvic: This is not ONLY an Naija problem o! Angelina Jolie and Madonna went to Somalia and Malawi to collect African pikin like dey collect new handbag ! Which woman can carry 7 pound weight pikin in belle..feel da baby kick and jump in womb....like down and go through at least 10 hours of HARD LABOUR and PAIN and then sell de pikin like you deh sell pure water and gala !! The pain of Barreness cannot be easy o,especially in our culture! cry Chai ! Government must help these people o. Poverty and the Demand for 'issue' in childless marriages! Nawow!

Did they buy the children or illegally arrange for them to be whisked away? Kindly allow reason prevail in subsequent submissions.

Kind regards.
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by TS2(m): 3:01pm On May 24, 2013
Tony Spike:

Dude, it is called profiling. Profiling is the first major step required to deal with a problem/syndrome that is yet to attain national scale. For example, the Boko-Haram syndrome is a clear case of an isolated syndrome and is being hit from its origin by the FG. Cases like these should be hit at its origin, so also cases like ritual killing, oluwole fraud, kidnapping e.t.c. The earlier they are solved and/or crushed at areas where they are rampant, the lower the chances of such syndrome(s) spilling into other parts of the country. However, the solution to this baby-selling syndrome is more skewed towards cultural ideologies - and is more related to greed - not poverty. I hope I have helped you...

Couldnt have been said better...
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by dominique(f): 3:09pm On May 24, 2013
Wow! Saw d report on channels tv last night. Didn't know these scum have sold their own baby as well. What is this country turning into Abeg parents out there let's be extra vigilant with these kids. Anybody try to mess with my kids ehn, Aluu treatment wud be mild compared to what I'll put u thru angry
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 24, 2013
T.S:
Nigeria...morally there has been no improvement since I was born. We jus say, "Things will get better" but things are going, no SPINNING out of control. Before you know it now people will say, "This country, this is the result of corruption, poverty, bad govt". Please which f***ing poverty will make someone sell her unborn child, steal her neighbour's child to sell, buy a STOLEN baby? And this buying of babies is prevalent in the East. This year alone, google how many baby making factories police has discovered there. What has government got to do with it? Yeah govt has a role to play in ensuring equality and proper wealth distribution and empowerment but...in Somalia and Sudan where poverty is more do women sell their unborn children? undecided

...this is crazy. I have a neighbour, she went to somewhere in Onitsha, Anambra to buy a baby. Came back after a week with a baby...guess what? She didnt know the baby she bought had a mental challenge. Now he's 6. He cant talk, communicate...Now, Nigerian baby sellers don dey dupe buyers. There should be honor or some semblance of it in the trade abi? " least there is honor among thieves na

My sincere sympathay to your neighbour who travelled to the East to purchase a baby that was not suitable due to his unfortunate handicap. However I agree with the other NLander that such a practice should be addressed in a civilised manner rather, HOPEFULLY with ALL NIGERIANS United RATHER than as a means of Tribalistic Igbo Bashing in the DIRTY GUISE of PROFILING as you so elloquently said. Im sure you are intelligent enough to ADMIT that historically, trafficking and expoitation of human beings was not predominatly an arena where ONLY IGBOS had a hand. In addition to this please TRY and properly READ the context of submissions before patronisingly typing warped comments which were out of the context of My first post. I am not a prejudiced tribalist but my blood is boiling because instead of Uniting and focusing on a just cause zeal is used to INSULT and ABUSE instead of intellectually contribute. Intelligent people of ALL ethnic groups will agree with me....and I wont tolerate anybody who comes with nasty negative shit..even if they chat Igbo, Yoruba or jamaican Patois... grin

Kind Regards....
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 24, 2013
T.S:

My sincere sympathay to your neighbour who travelled to the East to purchase a baby that was not suitable due to his unfortunate handicap. However I agree with the other NLander that such a practice should be addressed in a civilised manner rather, HOPEFULLY with ALL NIGERIANS United RATHER than as a means of Tribalistic Igbo Bashing in the DIRTY GUISE of PROFILING as you so elloquently said. Im sure you are intelligent enough to ADMIT that historically, trafficking and expoitation of human beings was not predominatly an arena where ONLY IGBOS had a hand. In addition to this please TRY and properly READ the context of submissions before patronisingly typing warped comments which were out of the context of My first post. I am not a prejudiced tribalist but my blood is boiling because instead of Uniting and focusing on a just cause zeal is used to INSULT and ABUSE instead of intellectually contribute. Intelligent people of ALL ethnic groups will agree with me....and I wont tolerate anybody who comes with nasty negative shit..even if they chat Igbo, Yoruba or jamaican Patois... grin

Kind Regards....
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by orobopasiosio(m): 3:45pm On May 24, 2013
;( wahalayi iyamiri shege bansa ni! Notin wey ino pit do por moni. Upon the jew wey una be. Kai ani bansa!;(
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by Fishout(m): 3:51pm On May 24, 2013
Why differences crimes are committed in Nigeria?
Re: Pregnant Woman Sold Unborn Baby For N200,000 by TS2(m): 3:57pm On May 24, 2013
queenvic:

Kind Regards....

Eloquent but unnecessary. Face the issue. What do you even know about history? No one tribalised anybody. Just a statement of fact was made. AND till people like you stop searching for excuses like tribalism to evade the issue on ground, no solution will be found.

Thank you. grin

NB. As for your boiling blood...it can't boil YAM.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Has 2020 Taught You? / Things Nigerians Invented: / Happy New Month To Seun And All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.