Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,601 members, 7,820,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

All About Deborah - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All About Deborah (884 Views)

Marionette – DEBORAH DAN-ASISAH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All About Deborah by vivienobidike(f): 1:00pm On May 24, 2013
The road leading to the guest house she lodged in was lined with beautiful flowers and has an atmosphere of peace and serenity. The sun was already setting and it bathed earth with an orange hue, a male lizard chased a female lizard nearby and they ran in circles, she chuckled as she watched the scene before her A gently breeze caressed her face as she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply the flowery scent of the environment. she was so lost in the beauty and the peace of the environment that she forgot herself and was almost hit by a car as she rounded the next corner. “foolish woman” the driver of the car shouted. she looked back and continued her journey to the guest house, nothing was going to spoil her joy, nothing she muttered to herself. Today is going to be one of the happiest day of my life. She got to Jason Guest House and for once appreciated FIfi’s effort. The guest house looked like a residential house from the outside, one could never tell it was a guest house as it was only known by select guest and business men. It was a perfect place to stay for some while without being disturbed. She needed the Privacy and the time. She made a call to Fifi her best friend as she got to her room, she needed to talk to someone she could trust, she was bursting with so excitement and nervousness at the same time.
Fifi was not picking her call after several trials. Oh! she said aloud, it was Friday evening. Fifi was probably out with her husband to their usual Friday “episodes” as she calls it. she was really envious of her friends relationship with her
husband, after five years they were still waxing stronger. she only wished hers were this beautiful.
Deb's phone startled her as it began to ring. She immediately picked the call and realized it was her friend Fifi.
“Whatz up Deb? How is it going over there. Fifi asked. Sorry I missed your call, in a new joint with my husby and it kinda crazy here, so much noise. Its not yet 7 and the crowd here is crazy, you gonna like it when you visit some day
“You are sounding so exited Fifi, im so nervous right here and exited at the same time, crazy right. Im standing in front of the mirror looking at myself over once again…..
“You are beautiful honey. You deserve the best for yourself, throw out that self-pity you are about displaying right now. Im gonna call you back for the full gist Fifi chuckled. I have to go right now, my husby is already giving me some dangerous looks right now. Awwwwwh(loud scream), Deb im gonna call you back,(indistinct noise and chatter) and the phone went dead.
“Hello, hello, hello, Fifi you there, come on talk to me, Hello. Deb dropped her cell phone and laid on the bed for some time; it was not getting any easier she thought. she glanced at the wall clock and realized she had little time to dress up before her guest arrived. She rushed to the adjoining bathroom and had a quick shower and then began dressing up. The gown she was about to wear was the most provocative she had ever worn and she was not so comfortable wearing it. Fifi picked it out for her when they went shopping together. It is a beautiful black maxi gown with a high slit that extended to her mid-thigh with diamond jewels surrounding the mid region making her waist appear smaller and giving her an hour-glass figure. The upper region of the black gown was designed in such a way that she had no need for a brassiere. It was fully padded and it gave her breast an instant lift and lastly it is strapless gown.
Deb applied her make up carefully, making sure she accentuated my best features. She had beautiful slanted eyes with long lashes and her face is beautifully structured. She could pass for a model, a fleshy model, she thought if there was anything like that.
Deb gave herself a rating of 8 out of 10, She wasn’t looking bad she thought, she slipped into her pumps and glanced at her wall clock. It was already ten minutes past eight. She panicked and began pacing back and forth all over her room. What went wrong she thought, she contemplated making a call to Fifi and decided against it, she didn’t want to trouble her friend. Twenty minutes later, and there was no sign that her guest was around. She had to call Fifi, she picked up her cell and made a call to her friend.
“hello, fifi
Grinnn!! Grinnn!!!! The desk phone rang and she quickly ended the call with Fifi and dashed for the phone “hello, Miss Deborah, there is one George asking to see you, he said he has a message for you” the receptionist said
“George!!!, Deb said in surprise. Emmmm hand him the phone let me speak to him.”
“Hello ma, I was sent to pick you up by Mr. Martins”
“OOOOkay, I would meet you in two minutes”
She ended the call and was surprised as to why Martins sent someone to pick her. She shrugged her thoughts aside; anyway she had made up my mind earlier that nothing was going to spoil her night and she was going to stick to it.
She gave herself a final look on the mirror, satisfied with her appearance, she set out to meet George down the reception. She froze in her strides when she who was standing in front of her. She stumbled a little as she was about moving forward. She opened her mouth to speak, but her voice failed her.
“what are you doing here” she finally managed to say in a weak voice.

www.suspenseandemotions..com
Re: All About Deborah by vivienobidike(f): 1:13pm On May 24, 2013
visit blog www.suspenseandemotions..com for more interesting stories
Re: All About Deborah by vivienobidike(f): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2013
"what are you doing her" Deb managed to ask in a weak voice. She looked at the person standing in front of her and was shocked to her marrows. So many thoughts came flooding, so many unanswered questions. What the hell was he doing here at Jason Guest house. As she was still pondering on these questions, the door of the reception opened and the whole room was covered with the scent of her favorite perfume Green Lotus by Elizabeth Arden, then a tiny voice broke the heavy silence.

Baby, have you booked the room?

Deb chuckled despite her building annoyance as she scrutinized the lady standing in front of her. She didn't have the time to create a scene or encounter any. Let him have the best of his time with his LovePeddler, matters would get settled later, she thought. She had already made up her mind that nothing was going to spoil the good time she was about to have this evening.

Seated in the car with George, She couldn't help but think about the whole scenario at the guess house. She had seen him off to the airport for a business engagement in South Africa. He was supposed to be back in ten days time, she had prayed and hoped he stayed longer. Both were aware of the awkward relationship as they couldn't wait to be miles away. Her parents had pushed her to the relationship to cement the business bond between both families.
She had accepted to date Michael because he was good looking and seem to be of good character. Their first kiss showed that "all that glitters wasn't gold. It had been very awful because Mikky practically released an ocean
of saliva in her mouth and she knew then that she would never end up with Michael.

Deb couldn't get her mother to understand why she will never marry Michael. She could remember the conversation she had with her mother the night after her first kiss with Michael. It had turned from a mild chat to a loud argument. She could still remember the deep frown on her mum's face when she finally told her that Michael was a bad kisser. She had tried explaining to her mother the intricacies of the kiss but she wouldn't listen. She could still visualize the look of disappointment, the outburst of rage from her mother. She had been called a spoiled brat and an ungrateful person by mother. Why couldn't her mother see her point, how could she live with a person who doesn't understand the art of romance. She couldn't wait to see the look on her mother's face when this new development comes to her hearing.

The sound of a loud siren awoke Deb from her reverie, she had been lost in thoughts. She looked outside as she realized they were already approaching their destination.Her anticipation began to grow immediately. What was Martins going to think of her? she thought. What if she didn't meet up to his standard. So many thought flew into Debs mind as the car took a U - turn into the massive space of Elvis&Elvis Suites. This man surely had class she thought as she took in the beautiful view of the hotel

Deb was warmly welcomed by the hotel attendants as she stepped into the reception.
"You are highly welcomed to Elvis and Elvis" a beautiful lady with a lovely smile spoke to Deb
" Hope the traffic wasn't bad. I have been told to usher you to the bowling room" she said

With a smile on her face, Deb followed the beautiful lady whom she identified as "Jane" by her name tag. They went though a hidden hall by the reception and took the elevator there. She explained to Deb that the elevator was used by special and important guest in the hotel and she was considered as one.

"Welcome to Bowling room" another beautiful faced said to Deb as soon as the Elevator came to a halt.
"Mr Martins is in the room by the left" she said
"Thank you very much" Deb said with a shaky voice

With sweaty palms, heart beating fast that she could hear, Deb Knocked lightly on the door
"You can come in" came the masculine voice from within

Deb opened the door tentatively, she waited a few seconds before stepping inside the cold bowling room.
She shivered a little as the cold assaulted her bare shoulder. She looked around the beautiful room and then she heard her name
"Deborah Donohue" She turned around sharply. A loud gasp escaped her mouth as she dropped her purse to the ground visibly shocked.
"Jesus" Deb mouthed loudly.......... to be continued

www.suspenseandemotions..com

(1) (Reply)

The Joy I Met / Now That Buhari Is Dead (satirical Piece) / Beautiful Pictures Of A Library In Norway.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.