Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Who Is Persecuting Who? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Persecuting Who? (882 Views)

Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Persecuting Who? by benodic: 1:25pm On May 25, 2013
I really find it funny when i read some write-ups where members of a religion complain that they are being persecuted by members of another religion. It led me to ask this question. Who is really persecuting who?

When people have allowed their interpretations of their scriptures to become a wedge between them and other souls who are also created by God, you start wondering why do we even bother with religion if at the end of the day, for example a christian of catholic denomination will not greet his neigbour because he is an Anglican and a moslem will not allow a christian to marry his daughter etc.

It is only when the pure love of God enters the heart of man that he is able to rise above all these useless dichotomies, divisions, bias and prejudices and will then be able to see the next person as pure soul just like himself created in the image and likeness of God.

Let us strive for love in all we do and the spirit of love will welcome us into the fold of lovers of life whose only goal in life is to love and serve all life.
Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by PastorKun(m): 2:51pm On May 25, 2013
Granted we as souls ought to love one and other but then how do we react to boko haramist and other extremists who are bent on not just persecuting but slaughtering of others for the simple reason they don't share their beliefs? There are real innocent victims out there, should we just allow these evil people to have there way?
Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by wazobiaforu(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2013
Op thank you so much, this is what I try to tell people atround me and what I will pass to my children . Love love love without prejudice

Pastor k ... I don't know what to say to you because I expect something encouraging from you due to your I'd not what you wrote.

My religion is Love
Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by PastorKun(m): 10:27pm On May 25, 2013
wazobia_for_u: Op thank you so much, this is what I try to tell people atround me and what I will pass to my children . Love love love without prejudice

Pastor k ... I don't know what to say to you because I expect something encouraging from you due to your I'd not what you wrote.

My religion is Love

What have I said that warrants criticism? I merely asked the OP a very practical real life question. I also strongly believe in the gospel of love but in reality it becomes very difficult to practise in certain circumstances hence the reason I posed the question. Abi this isn't a discussion forum where we can learn from each other
Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by benodic: 9:00am On May 26, 2013
@ pastor kun

if you go to your Holy Bible, Jesus Christ answered your question in a very pratical way.
When peter in trying to prevent Roman soldiers from arresting his master cut off the ear of the soldier, Jesus rebuked him and told him to sheath his sword as those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

You are not to retaliate evil for evil. You are to give love in all conditions no matter what is dished out to you.

That is why we are here. Love is the only force that can melt the hardest of heart.
Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by PastorKun(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2013
benodic: @ pastor kun

if you go to your Holy Bible, Jesus Christ answered your question in a very pratical way.
When peter in trying to prevent Roman soldiers from arresting his master cut off the ear of the soldier, Jesus rebuked him and told him to sheath his sword as those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

You are not to retaliate evil for evil. You are to give love in all conditions no matter what is dished out to you.

That is why we are here. Love is the only force that can melt the hardest of heart.

Whilst I do not dispute what you have written, love in the circumstances described above is extremely very difficult to achieve if not contrary to human nature. How can we as mere men attain this level of love? And if we do, won't we be left vulnerable to the likes of boko haram?
Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by benodic: 11:18am On May 27, 2013
@ Pastor Kun

benodic: @ pastor kun

Whilst I do not dispute what you have written, love in the circumstances described above is extremely very difficult to achieve if not contrary to human nature.

yes it is difficult to achieve but not impossible. you have to go beyond human nature to attain it, back to your real nature as soul, sharing and fully expressing all the qualities of God, the highest being pure love for all life

How can we as mere men attain this level of love?

again you are looking at yourself as mere men. you are soul, created in the image and likeness of God and sent down to the lower worlds in order to mature and become God-like. this is the reason we are here. to attain that level of love and if you are not pursuing that in your life then your life is being lived in vain

And if we do, won't we be left vulnerable to the likes of boko haram?

when you become a pure instrument of God's love, you surrender your will totally to the will of God and no harm can come to you unless it is the will of God for its own divine purpose. and of course why should you even be afraid of those who destroy only the garment that soul wears and can not touch soul itself which is immortal and does not die and live, move and have its being in God. the result of total surrender is that God becomes your shield and amour and no weapon fashioned against you can prosper

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by PastorKun(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2013
@benodic
Sorry to get personal but I remember you telling me that you were in danger of being attacked during the post election violence of 2011, I am assuming you are a family man with a wife and kids, if you had been attacked then with a family to protect, what would have been your reaction?
Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by benodic: 4:26pm On May 27, 2013
@ pastor Kun

@benodic
Sorry to get personal but I remember you
telling me that you were in danger of being
attacked during the post election violence of
2011, I am assuming you are a family man
with a wife and kids, if you had been attacked then with a family to protect, what
would have been your reaction?

i have been attacked several times in the north. The more i am attacked, the more love and compassion i have for the northerners. That ability did not come from my strength, it came from the spiritual exercises that i have been doing ,which over time has been gradually turning me into a lover of life. i survived the attacks even boko haram attack, through the grace of God. You really do not need to fight for God. Just surrender, let go and give love to all life
Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by PastorKun(m): 5:25pm On May 27, 2013
benodic: @ pastor Kun

Thanx for the responses, may God give us more grace not only to be a channel of his love but to be an innate lover of other souls ourselves. Amen

1 Like

Re: Who Is Persecuting Who? by benodic: 2:49pm On May 28, 2013
@ pastor Kun

Thanx for the responses, may God give us more
grace not only to be a channel of his love but to
be an innate lover of other souls ourselves.
Amen

i will say amen to that too.
God remains our shield and strength and to God we must look to always and not allow the evils ways of man to sway us from walking the path of love.
Remain blessed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Of D Genders Does God Answer Prayers Faster? Man Or Woman? / Carry Your Youth Along- T.b. Joshua's Message To The Country / Are You A Christian Or A Hypocrite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.