Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Mathematicians In The House, Please I Need Solution To This Probability Problem - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematicians In The House, Please I Need Solution To This Probability Problem (800 Views)

Pls Who Can Solve This Probability / You Are A Genius If You Have The Solution To This Equation. / Pls Can U Solve This Probability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematicians In The House, Please I Need Solution To This Probability Problem by sniperwolf(m): 3:51pm On May 25, 2013
A manufacturing company is independently working on two separate jobs. If the probability that either of the jobs will be finished on time is 0.02, the probability that just one of the jobs will be finished on time will be ....
[ICAN May 2013. Costing and Quantitative Techniques]
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Please I Need Solution To This Probability Problem by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 25, 2013
probability that either of the jobs will finished on time(i.e, prob that job 'A' is finished on time and not job 'B' or that job 'B' is finished on time and not job 'A') is 0.02,given from d question.

therefore,probability that just one of the jobs will b finished on time(i.e, prob that job 'A' will b finished on time and not job 'B' or that job 'B' will b finished on time and not job 'A') is still 0.02, since it cud b either of them that would b finished on time and not both
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Please I Need Solution To This Probability Problem by sniperwolf(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2013
Sorbital: probability that either of the jobs will finished on time(i.e, prob that job 'A' is finished on time and not job 'B' or that job 'B' is finished on time and not job 'A') is 0.02,given from d question.

therefore,probability that just one of the jobs will b finished on time(i.e, prob that job 'A' will b finished on time and not job 'B' or that job 'B' will b finished on time and not job 'A') is still 0.02, since it cud b either of them that would b finished on time and not both

That option is not given in the question
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Please I Need Solution To This Probability Problem by excel111(m): 1:52am On May 26, 2013
use Bayes theorem. ok
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Please I Need Solution To This Probability Problem by sniperwolf(m): 7:19am On May 30, 2013
This is not a conditional probability and Bayes theorem won't work

(1) (Reply)

Delta State University Lecturer Thrown Out N*ked (photos) 18+ / Latest On ASUU: FG Direct ASUU To Go Back To Classroom. / Why Everybody Must Not Go To The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.