Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,154 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home (1371 Views)

3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) / 101 Die From Lassa Fever In Nigeria / Having An Abortion: 95% Of Women Don't Regret It - Time Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by olokfor: 2:06pm On May 26, 2013
The Delta State Police Command has discovered a village where 23 females allegedly died after they drank some herbal concoction in order to abort their pregnancies.

The death of the victims was discovered when officers of the Police command raided the native home where quack doctors and nurses were found carrying out abortion through concoction.

Confirming the discovery of the illegal home, the State Police Commissioner, said no fewer than 23 females whose unwanted pregnancies were terminated, died after drinking the concoction.

He explained that the detectives arrested the operators who were mainly native doctors and quack nurses and upon interrogation, confessed to the crime.

On how they carry out their illegal abortion, the police boss said that the suspects claimed they were trained in traditional medicine, especially in the useof concoction to terminate unwanted pregnancies.

According to him, a 22-year-old lady identified as Endurance recently died as aresult of abortion she performed at the home located around Ugborikoko in Uvwie local government area.

It was learnt that the victim’s house-help in the area took ill and was rushed to the quack home where she d as a result of complications from an abortion.

A test conducted on her corpse by medical experts showed that she was pregnant and attempted to abort it at the hands of the native doctors and quack nurses in the home.

One of the suspects, the police boss disclosed, identified as Ufuoma had madeuseful statements, adding that the police recovered different bottles with concoction and charms tied around some sticks, including locally made guns.

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/23-die-from-abortion-concoction-in-native-doctors-home/
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by Ikengawo: 2:10pm On May 26, 2013
in this day and age any nigerian still visiting a native doctor is an slowpoke.
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by Tolexander: 2:51pm On May 26, 2013
Ikengawo: in this day and age any nigerian still visiting a native doctor is an slowpoke.
shut up!

I made a visit to a native doctor on a field trip on traditional medicine. Does that mean am an slowpoke?

1 Like

Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by Ikengawo: 2:53pm On May 26, 2013
yes.
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by Tolexander: 3:00pm On May 26, 2013
Ikengawo: yes.
you seem to be myopic.
The interesting part of the field trip you don't seem to understand is that, we are learning how to heal people whose understanding are myopic and far less than what modern medicine can heal from these native doctors.
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by Sibrah: 3:51pm On May 26, 2013
In this phony report Ugborikoko was reffered to as a village, i wonder if it is the same on Ugborikoko situated in the heart of Warri town or another one.
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by kirian202: 4:57pm On May 26, 2013
Chai 23 pregnant girls and 23 unborn children making it 46.
Dem no dey sell comdon for dis village?

1 Like

Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by holyvirgin: 5:14pm On May 26, 2013
Tolexander: shut up!

I made a visit to a native doctor on a field trip on traditional medicine. Does that mean am an slowpoke?
Really? How sure are we that you weren't among the people who visited the said doctor for an abortion? Rubbish

I don't know when nigerians would learn.
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by Tolexander: 5:29pm On May 26, 2013
holyvirgin:
Really? How sure are we that you weren't among the people who visited the said doctor for an abortion? Rubbish

I don't know when nigerians would learn.
confirmed that not everybody that has an opened eyes can see.
So tolexander(m) is a female that can do abortion?
Get another powder, that one you are using isn't good for you.
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by holyvirgin: 5:40pm On May 26, 2013
Tolexander: confirmed that not everybody that has an opened eyes can see.
So tolexander(m) is a female that can do abortion?
Get another powder, that one you are using isn't good for you.
yes as a guy, you can accompany one of those small urchins you have unprotected sex with to the native doctors place.
Abi tolexander(m) don't do girls? grin field trip indeed!
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by Tolexander: 5:47pm On May 26, 2013
holyvirgin:
yes as a guy, you can accompany one of those small urchins you sleep with to the native doctors place.
no need of doing that for me anyway cos i'd already known what contraceptions and fertility controls are.

Native doctors exist to take care of mental state like yours that is beyond physician's reach.
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by holyvirgin: 5:50pm On May 26, 2013
Tolexander: no need of doing that for me anyway cos i'd already known what contraceptions and fertility controls are.

Native doctors exist to take care of mental state like yours that is beyond physician's reach.
In this case, the doctor is here to treat you and those small girls you decieve each time you go for field trips. Read my signature.
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by Tolexander: 6:07pm On May 26, 2013
holyvirgin:
In this case, the doctor is here to treat you and those small girls you decieve each time you go for field trips. Read my signature.
little wonder nigeria is full of half baked breads. Illiteracy is a disease anyway.
Stop making ignorance your watchword

Fertility control doesn't bring about pregnancy let alone aborting the pregnancy.
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by holyvirgin: 6:51pm On May 26, 2013
Tolexander: little wonder nigeria is full of half baked breads. Illiteracy is a disease anyway.
Stop making ignorance your watchword

Fertility control doesn't bring about pregnancy let alone aborting the pregnancy.
A word is enough if you are wise.

@op Abortion is a sin against God and humanity.I preach abstinence cos a child should not start what he/she can't finish. Why have sex when you aint ready to be a parent? Abstain my people, abstain
Re: 23 Die From Abortion Concoction In Native Doctor’s Home by Tolexander: 7:06pm On May 26, 2013
holyvirgin:
A word is enough if you are wise.

@op Abortion is a sin against God and humanity.I preach abstinence cos a child should not start what he/she can't finish. Why have sex when you aint ready to be a parent? Abstain my people, abstain
you don't have to bolt!

Condomise!
Postinol 2 is not costly!

(1) (Reply)

[pictures] 42-year Old Mother Loses Arms And Feet After Butt-boosting Injection / Giant 110kg Tumour Removed From Man Who Could Not Move For 20 Years-photos / Gonorrhoea: Silent Rage Of A 'forgotten' Disease.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.