Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Why All The Appellations In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why All The Appellations In The Church? (659 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF / The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why All The Appellations In The Church? by OmoPastor(m): 3:30pm On May 26, 2013
am mostly concerned about all the appellations among brethren in the church today where some churches insist that some ordained persons must be addressed as pastors, deacons, elders etc. but when you look through the scriptures, only Jesus was addressed as Master:

Mat 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we want to see a sign from you. (MKJV)

Luk 8:45 And Jesus said, Who touched Me? And all having denied, Peter and those with Him said, Master, the crowd presses and jostles You, and You say, Who touched Me? (MKJV)

Joh 20:16 Jesus said to her, Mary! She turned herself and said to Him, Rabboni! (which is to say, Master!) (MKJV)

if you go through the bible you hardly see a place where the apostles were addressed as apostle peter, apostle john or prophet luke, even when God spoke to these people, He addressed them by their first names.
so why do we make so much noise about pastor this, prophet that, apostle this, even some people become so distraught and angry if addressed without the titles?
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On May 26, 2013
Why's your username "omopastor"?
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by OmoPastor(m): 3:38pm On May 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Why's your username "omopastor"?

its a username bro or do you think even if my papa na pastor i cannot challenge all this appellations within the church? the question is not to disrespect anyone but to draw the attention of many to this issue and i want to know if there is any spiritual attachment to addressing people by their titles
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On May 26, 2013
OmoPastor:

its a username bro or do you think even if my papa na pastor i cannot challenge all this appellations within the church? the question is not to disrespect anyone but to draw the attention of many to this issue and i want to know if there is any spiritual attachment to addressing people by their titles
There's no spiritual anything attached to it. But you call someone a pastor or reverend just like you call a doctor or Lawyer. It's just a moniker that describes who the person is and what he does. If a church makes it compulsory then it's a doctrine imposed by the church and has no basis in the scripture.
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 26, 2013
OmoPastor: ...the question is not to disrespect anyone but to draw the attention of many to this issue and i want to know if there is any spiritual attachment to addressing people by their titles
To what end? What purpose would this serve? How would this add any value to anyone.
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by OmoPastor(m): 4:29pm On May 26, 2013
Pipsland78:
To what end? What purpose would this serve? How would this add any value to anyone.
have you ever encountered people that scream, blow their tops simply cos they were not addressed as titled?
does it make any sense when titles are so adored in the church?
this is the end, this is the purpose and this is the value my bro
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 26, 2013
^^^ Whether titles are adored or not, how does your question add any value to anyone? Why do we expend so much time and energy on trivialities while more serious issues are left hanging.
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by OmoPastor(m): 5:37pm On May 26, 2013
Pipsland78: ^^^ Whether titles are adored or not, how does your question add any value to anyone? Why do we expend so much time and energy on trivialities while more serious issues are left hanging.
or are you one of the title-mongers? have i stepped on your toes? if you have nothing to say, please tie up your fingers, thank you undecided
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by Tpfkakambo(m): 9:17pm On May 26, 2013
its part of afrcn or is it nigerian depravity. The bible calls it d pride of life.

Men invent all kinds of title to inflate their puny egos.
In d academia, the race is to acquire a phD for name status..
In gvnments, theres the extension , his excellency,honourable etc most of these ppl ar morally bankrupt.
Sadly its a dsire 4 self wrship, a desre to b wrshipped as God borne out of pride which d main reason lucifer bcame satan.
Its evry were and it stinks.
Its so rampant..
Sb who has a car regrds himself abve thse who dnt hav/walk on foot..
Sb who uses a bb /ipad etc regrds thse who use otherwse lesser
a wife who's mor educated thn d husbnd finds it hard to submit to her..
I cud go on n on. But its nthg but shitty satanic pride.
The bible says God is no respecter of persons, and in one of d epistles tht they shd b no discrimination btw brethren..
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 26, 2013
OmoPastor:
or are you one of the title-mongers? have i stepped on your toes? if you have nothing to say, please tie up your fingers, thank you undecided
You really do lack depth.
Re: Why All The Appellations In The Church? by OmoPastor(m): 10:20pm On May 26, 2013
Pipsland78:
You really do lack depth.
now i can see how deep you are, surely you're very very deeeep
undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Inside Info About Hell From The Lips Of Jesus / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Wife / Reedeem And Gofamint Convention To End On Sunday 11th Of August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.