Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Christian Freedom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Freedom (722 Views)

What 'freedom Of Religion' Means To Muslims? / Freedom From Witchcraft Attacks / Muhammad Was An Abolitionist. He Purchased The Freedom Of Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13am On May 27, 2013
Christian Freedom
May. 27, 2013

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Galatians 5:13).

Liberty has always been a cherished concept to Americans, ever since the patriotic call of Patrick Henry for liberty or death. It was also a burning issue with the Jews at the time of Christ, chafing under Roman rule as they were. Many early Christians were actually slaves or even in prison for their faith. All those in bondage have longed to be free, and wars and revolutions have been fought to gain their freedoms.

But the worst bondage of all is slavery to sin. No army can free a man from sin, and if he dies in sin, he will continue in bondage forever. Among the last words of the Bible are these: "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still" (Revelation 22:11).

It is only Christ who can set a sinner free. Christ died for our sins, and through faith in Him we receive full pardon and liberty. "Our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. . . . Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness" (Romans 6:6-7, 18).

There is no greater or truer freedom than freedom in Christ. "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed" (John 8:36). Because of Christ, the very creation itself, now groaning and travailing in pain under the curse of sin, one day soon "shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God" (Romans 8:21).

In Christ we now have freedom to live unto righteousness. "Being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life" (Romans 6:22). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Christian Freedom by Paulscholari(m): 3:31pm On May 27, 2013
Hello Ola... Since i cant watch youtube video on my phone yet,can u help with the documentation of some of the "REVELATION or back from Heaven/Hell video" that you posted on the religion thread...thanks.
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00pm On May 27, 2013
Paulscholari:

Hello Ola... Since i cant watch youtube video on my phone yet,can u help with the documentation of some of the "REVELATION or back from Heaven/Hell video" that you posted on the religion thread...thanks.

Pending the time I am able to post the transcription you may peruse other out of body testimonies in this link http://www.spiritlessons.com/
Re: Christian Freedom by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Pending the time I am able to post the transcription you may peruse other out of body testimonies in this link http://www.spiritlessons.com/

Are you a witch ?

Deuteronomy 18:10 Let no one be found among you ..................., who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,
Deuteronomy 18:11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On May 27, 2013
frosbel:

Are you a witch ?

Deuteronomy 18:10 Let no one be found among you ..................., who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,
Deuteronomy 18:11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead

Don't be a spiritual anarchist. Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.
Re: Christian Freedom by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Is leaving your body witchcraft ?

Read on Astral Projection & Demons.
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On May 27, 2013
frosbel:

Is leaving your body witchcraft ?

Read on Astral Projection & Demons.

Are you saying that Paul practised witchcraft when he visited heaven?

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) such an one caught up to the third heaven"
(2 Corinthians 12:2).
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On May 27, 2013
Paulscholari:

Here is the testimony of Michael Thomas Sambo in book form.

http://divinerevelationonholiness.org/book/introduction.php
Re: Christian Freedom by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that Paul practised witchcraft when he visited heaven?

(2 Corinthians 12:2).

"And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows , that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell."2 Corinthians 12:13-14

1. Paul had an experience which he was not familiar with
2. He did not say he left his body , he was unsure and left it to GOD to explain this phenomenon
3. Also, he did not reveal trash talk about trips to hell or heaven, he was shown the future of paradise.
4. He was not even permitted to utter what he saw, yet your false prophets keep talking about what they do not know.

Test things Ola, the basic principle of following Jesus, or have you forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Christian Freedom by ApostlePat: 5:53pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

hello sir.is rebellion the same as witchcraft or dat was a simile?thanks for d answer sir.
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On May 27, 2013
ApostlePat:

hello sir.is rebellion the same as witchcraft or dat was a simile?thanks for d answer sir.

What's the difference? Spiritual anarchism is just as bad as witchcraft.

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry "
(1 Samuel 15:23)
Re: Christian Freedom by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

If all these unfounded, false, demonic, rubbish videos you keep posting like a robot are not evidence of spiritual anarchism , I truly do not know what else is.

1 Like

Re: Christian Freedom by ApostlePat: 6:04pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

sir.am not an english student but i understand basic.my question is simple n u dont hv to answer question with question.my question is is withcraft n rebellion.are both d same or the verse u used compared both?thank u sir
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On May 27, 2013
ApostlePat:

sir.am not an english student but i understand basic.my question is simple n u dont hv to answer question with question.my question is is withcraft n rebellion.are both d same or the verse u used compared both?thank u sir

They are equal in the sight of God and the more reason why we shouldn't be contumacious.

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry "
Re: Christian Freedom by ApostlePat: 6:16pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

They are equal in the sight of God and the more reason why we shouldn't be contumacious.

sir.am highly disappointed in u sir.this is simple english basic."is as" or "is like" is not d same thing as "it is" or equal to etc.dats a simple simile used in that verse sir.God bless.
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On May 27, 2013
ApostlePat:

sir.am highly disappointed in u sir.this is simple english basic."is as" or "is like" is not d same thing as "it is" or equal to etc.dats a simple simile used in that verse sir.God bless.

Don't be supercilious. Can you enlighten us what the simile in this context means?
Re: Christian Freedom by ApostlePat: 6:32pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be supercilious. Can you enlighten us what the simile in this context means?

sir.i hv told u am not an english person.pls dont speak big grammmer to me pls but i understand basics.i hv highlighted the simile for u above "is as".u can also read other versions if u like.for instance,christ is the end of d law is not the same as christ is as the end of d law or christ is like d end of d law.one is definite n d other is simile for comparison.d same is d grammatical context of rebellion is as or is like d sin sin of witchcaft.it does not say rebellion is witchcraft.that will be definite statement 2 make sir.God bless u sir.
Re: Christian Freedom by Debeloved87(m): 6:32pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Here is the testimony of Michael Thomas Sambo in book form.

http://divinerevelationonholiness.org/book/introduction.php
thanks, i have read this before...and also thanks for the link.
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2013
frosbel:

If all these unfounded, false, demonic, rubbish videos you keep posting like a robot are not evidence of spiritual anarchism , I truly do not know what else is.

There is no need for you to be truculent. Spiritual rebels are those who are no longer under authority. Are you under authority? Who are you responsible to, Pastor Kun? undecided
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On May 27, 2013
Debeloved87:

thanks, i have read this before...and also thanks for the link.

You are welcome, anytime.
Re: Christian Freedom by ApostlePat: 6:44pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

There is no need for you to be truculent. Spiritual rebels are those who are no longer under authority. Are you under authority? Who are you responsible to, Pastor Kun? undecided
what can b more than a christian being under the authority of christ as being LORD n SAVIOR?
Re: Christian Freedom by Debeloved87(m): 6:46pm On May 27, 2013
Really, am sick and tired of religious hulla-balloo on nairaland..see brethren against each other, not even against atheist, ah na wa o...well d main aim of being a christian is to what? Argue our way within brethrens? Prove we know more scriptural verse than others? Show that we have more understanding of the scripture,revelations, visions or what? Matthew 6:33. Well i think the major aim of being a christian is to make it to heaven and be part of the soon kingdom of God on earth,a kingdom of great power and glory, however has long has am pursueing this, i refuse to be entangle with every form of religious arguments here on NL, or anywhere in the world...amen.
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:12pm On May 27, 2013
ApostlePat:

what can b more than a christian being under the authority of christ as being LORD n SAVIOR?

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you" (Hebrew 13:17).

Is this verse really necessary in the Bible or is it there for a reason?
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On May 27, 2013
Debeloved87:

Really, am sick and tired of religious hulla-balloo on nairaland..see brethren against each other, not even against atheist, ah na wa o...well d main aim of being a christian is to what? Argue our way within brethrens? Prove we know more scriptural verse than others? Show that we have more understanding of the scripture,revelations, visions or what? Matthew 6:33. Well i think the major aim of being a christian is to make it to heaven and be part of the soon kingdom of God on earth,a kingdom of great power and glory, however has long has am pursueing this, i refuse to be entangle with every form of religious arguments here on NL, or anywhere in the world...amen.

The Holy writ is there to stupify the rebellious, silence the atheists, edify the believers, terrify the devil, magnify Word and glorify the Lord.
Re: Christian Freedom by ApostlePat: 7:29pm On May 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you" (Hebrew 13:17).

Is this verse really necessary in the Bible or is it there for a reason?

yes it is really necessary n very im,portant also.what happens when those who have rule over u teach something out of greed or error or deliberate misleading for their own gain?should such still be obeyed or d word of truth should b obeyed rather than those who have rule over us?which one sir?
Re: Christian Freedom by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36pm On May 27, 2013
ApostlePat:

yes it is really necessary n very im,portant also.what happens when those who have rule over u teach something out of greed or error or deliberate misleading for their own gain?should such still be obeyed or d word of truth should b obeyed rather than those who have rule over us?which one sir?

That doesn't give anyone the excuse to become a spiritual rebel. If you feel that you know more than your pastor then in humility correct him or pray that the Lord leads you to a bible believing church where the word is preached without fear or favour of man.
Re: Christian Freedom by Tpfkakambo(m): 2:47am On May 28, 2013
Well,plausible stuff, i read d sambo book in a friends house many mnths bck.
Many ppl dnt agree wth ths hell stories because of d dviations e.g on dressg not immoral but on thngs like trouser,lipstck, weave on, skin lighteng (bleachg) - there is also no clear biblical support fr their condemnation.
Sorry bro the oft quoted verses are out of context.
Other hell books like mary bxter (hell is real), choo thomas (heaven is so real) kenneth hagin (i went to hell) talk on moral deficiencies dat denied ppl heaven. Nvr abt trouser etc.
Again, one thng i see in focusg on ths stories is an unhealthy perception of chrstianity.
The focus isnt avoidg hell, if d focus was avoidg hell, all christians wud b raptured into heavn wen saved. Paul said he had a race to run b4 him..
There's a race set bf evry christian
wch they hve 2 run.
The chrstian will b judged on how well he perfrmd on his God gven assgnment, so ppl sittg around focusg all their attntion on how 2 avoid hell is negatve activity.theyr higher callgs.
It's like an undergraduate focsg his attention on how not to graduate wt a pass degree.
The focus shd b how to graduate wt Frst class!
Paul the apostle was nver hell minded. He was fisrt class minded.
He said forgettg those thngs tht ar behind he presses frwd to the prize of the high calling in Christ..
"high calling in christ".
Wen he was abt to die he said, I hav run my race I have finished My course. Hencefrth is Laid up for me a crown of Glory (paraphrase)
... He was so sure of his future.
He was so sure of havg done perfctly.
Dis is how a christian is suppose to exit this wrld - with a note of Victory.
Not with d fear tht his hidden sins
are going 2 land his ass in hell.
Actually som ppl will b weepn in heavn y? Cuz their wrks wud not stand the test of God's fire!
I knw ths post will b misinterpreted but .. It stands up to biblical scrutiny. We shud hav a warriors mentality, to win and enter heavn in grand style, rather thn a defensve always-watchg-out-for-hell/pray-i-dnt-miss hell mentallity. Theres a big diff btw d 2.
Re: Christian Freedom by ichuka(m): 7:54am On May 28, 2013
John8:32

New International Version (©2011)
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you FREE!
New Living Translation (©2007)
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you FREE!

English Standard Version (©2001)
and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you FREE!

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you FREE!

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE!

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Behind Human Existence / The Cambridge 7 / How To Convince A Gay To Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.