Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? (1659 Views)

Her Father Refuse To Return His Bride Price. / Why do Nigerian Women Bear Their Father's Name, After Marriage? / Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by ril19(m): 9:32pm On May 27, 2013
Now this is one big issue concerning guys. I just experienced a bitter reality of this ugly feminine character. Now listen to the story.
I went to see a friend of mine who is a guy. As i stepped into his room, i greeted as usual with him (this lasted about 10 seconds). Next, i turned to this lady he is with (and of course who i'm seeing for the first time) and said "hello" with my arm out-stretched for a hand shake. The lady ignored me completely. After some seconds, i withrew my hand back to myself.

Now guys, how do u feel when u're treated this way?

Girls, what reason(s) do u have for reacting this way sometimes to guys?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by Afam4eva(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2013
What you experienced is an isolated case. The only time i have been politely refused a handshake by a lady was because the lady claimed that as a Muslim, they're not allowed to shake guys.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by onyeego(m): 10:44pm On May 27, 2013
This is why u should wait for d lady to stretch her hands first before u shake her, its a no no for u as a guy to want to shake a lady without her stretching her hands first.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by pleep(m): 3:16am On May 28, 2013
I usually don't shake womens hand.

unless of course they offer first, thats the proper ettiquette
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by bokohalal(m): 5:18am On May 28, 2013
onye ego: This is why u should wait for d lady to stretch her hands first before u shake her, its a no no for u as a guy to want to shake a lady without her stretching her hands first.

Right!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by ril19(m): 1:30pm On May 30, 2013
onye ego: This is why u should wait for d lady to stretch her hands first before u shake her, its a no no for u as a guy to want to shake a lady without her stretching her hands first.

my friend is it really obtainable that a lady will first stretch her arm towards a guy for a handshake?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by pleep(m): 4:21pm On May 30, 2013
"ostensible" you mean.

But is it by force that you must shake her hand? tongue if she doesn't offer simply smile and nod at her and keep it moving. 1# coolness rule is to never do something that will embarass yourself, if ladies dont want to shake ur hand thats their problem
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by ril19(m): 11:11pm On May 30, 2013
pleep: "ostensible" you mean.

But is it by force that you must shake her hand? tongue if she doesn't offer simply smile and nod at her and keep it moving. 1# coolness rule is to never do something that will embarass yourself, if ladies dont want to shake ur hand thats their problem

why is it all about me, me, me? What do u guys have to say about the girl and her reaction?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by pleep(m): 11:18pm On May 30, 2013
Good point... it's not ur fault. But im just saying, there is a way to prevent this
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by ril19(m): 4:51am On Jun 13, 2013
i really expect someone to do critical analysis of the situation and actually tell why these things happen. Any sharp brain to do that? Thanks
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by sanandreas(m): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
I have had similar experience from a muslim gal. She told me her reason and it was religion. So i gat no offence. Anyway i will learn dat the gal shud shake first.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by ril19(m): 3:53am On Jul 23, 2013
why aren't the girls on this one? we need comments from the female folks please. represent yourselves now let's know what you're thinking.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by sexymoma(f): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
Why should you offer a handshake to a lady, nah nah that not good enough.
it would look as if you shaking your fellow man na.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by ril19(m): 9:23am On Jul 24, 2013
sexymoma: Why should you offer a handshake to a lady, nah nah that not good enough.
it would look as if you shaking your fellow man na.

so what should I offer instead moma?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Sometimes Refuse Hand Shakes From Guys? by Tolexander: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Maybe the lady don shake a guy's palm that is very hard and has shan paper surface before.

(1) (Reply)

Osun Fact File: Ilesha / Alaafin In Happy Mood As Afonja Opens First Cinema In Oyo (SEE PHOTOS) / Peter Obi Enjoying Massive Support From The Yorubas In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.