Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,725 members, 7,840,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Things Only God Could Have Known! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Only God Could Have Known! (3698 Views)

Clear Error In The Bible: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake / But Why Did Jesus Had To Die For Us...god Could Have Just Forgiven Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by Redlyn: 1:05am On Jan 13, 2015
So we have rummaged through the entire bible, this greatest and most knowledgeable book on earth in search of foresight and this is what we managed to scrape together. A few tidbits that require creative interpretation to sell it. This God doesn't seem to know an awful lot.

2 Likes

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnw74: 12:03am On Jan 14, 2015
Redlyn:
So we have rummaged through the entire bible, this greatest and most knowledgeable book on earth in search of foresight and this is what we managed to scrape together. A few tidbits that require creative interpretation to sell it. This God doesn't seem to know an awful lot.

This is a Christian believers thread, me and some others might not know a lot, but the bible has all we need to know.
There are plenty of non believers threads where you can rubbish God if that's what you want to do.
Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by EvilBrain1(m): 4:33am On Jan 14, 2015
johnw74:

This is a Christian believers thread, me and some others might not know a lot, but the bible has all we need to know.
There are plenty of non believers threads where you can rubbish God if that's what you want to do.

Sorry, but you guys will not be allowed to tell lies unopposed on a public forum, believers thread or not. If you post something here, you'd better be ready to defend it with facts and logic.

You're far less likely to get rubbished if you avoid starting threads based on thoroughly debunked, copy-pasted nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by malvisguy212: 7:17am On Jan 14, 2015
EvilBrain1:

Sorry, but you guys will not be allowed to tell lies unopposed on a public forum, believers thread or not. If you post something here, you'd better be ready to defend it with facts and logic.

You're far less likely to get rubbished if you avoid starting threads based on thoroughly debunked, copy-pasted nonsense.
the op lied? For what I've seen no atheists have respond to the op.
Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnydon22(m): 7:22am On Jan 14, 2015
malvisguy212:
the op lied? For what I've seen no atheists have respond to the op.
Then you need to read the whole thread again...

1 Like

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnydon22(m): 7:25am On Jan 14, 2015
johnw74:

No the bible is an ancient mythological, fictious, barbaric, historically inaccurate book written by ancient primitive men... I wonder how a 21st century homo sapiens will open his mouth and say a book written by primitive men has all you they need... Clearly you need many more books.

1 Like

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by kevoh(m): 8:24am On Jan 14, 2015
Actually there's no need to respond the OP, he attacks and kills himself at the same time in each posts with laughable phrases like ''god could have known''.

1 Like

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by Redlyn: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
johnw74:

This is a Christian believers thread

Sorry but YOU dont get to decide who can join the thread or not.
Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by Redlyn: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
duplicate
Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnw74: 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
So you get your kicks by disrupting Christian threads
Why don't you get a life
Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by Redlyn: 4:10am On Jan 15, 2015
This is me living my life, just as you are.
Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by EvilBrain1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
johnw74:
So you get your kicks by disrupting Christian threads
Why don't you get a life

You want to be able to post lies unopposed without anyone pointing them out to you which is never going to happen outside the islam section. I dont know how you can expect people not to jump in especially when then the OP is specifically using science to decieve people.

If someone opened a thread claiming that the new testament proves thst Guru Maraji is the one true prophet, woukd you expect christians to stay out because it was a Guru Maraji thread? Stop beong a hypocrite and stop your whining.

2 Likes

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnw74: 12:36am On Jan 17, 2015
EvilBrain1:

You want to be able to post lies unopposed without anyone pointing them out to you which is never going to happen outside the islam section. I dont know how you can expect people not to jump in especially when then the OP is specifically using science to decieve people.

If someone opened a thread claiming that the new testament proves thst Guru Maraji is the one true prophet, woukd you expect christians to stay out because it was a Guru Maraji thread? Stop beong a hypocrite and stop your whining.

Are you really a Christian? Yet you call me a hypocrite and a whiner for replying to bad language used toward God and the Bible,
and you don't reply to a post such as this.

johnydon22:

No the bible is an ancient mythological, fictious, barbaric, historically inaccurate book written by ancient primitive men... I wonder how a 21st century homo sapiens will open his mouth and say a book written by primitive men has all you they need... Clearly you need many more books.
Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnw74: 12:40am On Jan 17, 2015
2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnydon22(m): 12:57am On Jan 17, 2015
Yeah all of them are inspired including the quran too... Dont forget that...Religion abeg what is new?

1 Like

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by macof(m): 9:52am On Jan 17, 2015
Emusan:
The Bible may or may not be inspired by God – we haven’t proved it yet, one way or the other – but it is nonetheless a historical document. A document that has been dated, depending on which book of the Bible and who you ask, at between 1900 and 3500 years ago. No one, no matter how skeptical, dates any part of the Old Testament at later than 2000 years ago. So then it is an absolute fact that this is an ancient document.

We have vast multitudes of independent writings – not only in the New Testament, but throughout the world – which were written 2000 years ago and speak of the antiquity of many books of the Old Testament even then.
So let us look at some of the things in those books that only a God could have known. Things that no man has ever known, or could conceivably have known, until our century. For this would prove that someone greater than a man had written those books.

1. Job 38:24 By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?
This particular question demands of Job how the light was parted (by day into night) and how that light makes the east wind blow. Now we today, can answer that question. Job could not.

2. Isaiah 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,.... Maps of the Earth from the times of Mesopotamia, when Job was most likely written, and even much later, portrayed a flat earth, sometimes round in the midst of an infinite ocean.

3. Job 38:16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?
We didn’t “walk in search of the depth [of the sea] “the deepest part of the ocean, until 1875 when we discovered the deepest point on Earth, the Challenger Deep in the Marianas Trench (although we weren’t sure it was the deepest point until much later). We didn’t fully survey it until 1951. We didn’t actually “walk” in it until 1960! But how does this prove the existence of God? Simply the fact that in most ancient cultures, the ocean HAD no bottom! The Greek word abyss , used for the deep ocean, literally means “bottomless”! And 3500 years ago, only God could have known with such certainty that the ocean did in fact have a “depth”! In the same verse; Why would there be water pouring INTO the sea from underground – the sea is where water came from! And mankind for all his technological achievements didn’t discover underwater springs until 1949 – A.D.! Almost four millennium after Job was written! And even then, it wasn’t confirmed until 1960, and it wasn’t until 1979 that human beings first saw deep-sea springs with their own eyes!

4. Job 38:18 Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.
Man didn’t measure the circumference (“breadth”) of the Earth with even remote accuracy until Eratosthenes did it in about 240 BC. But God knew exactly how large it was. For He sits “above the circle of it”.

5. Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
According to everyone before 570 BC, the Earth was flat. Even then, and for millennia afterwards, the Earth was held up by something. For the Greeks it was on the shoulders of the god Atlas. For the American-Indians it was supported on the back of a giant turtle. Other cultures believed it was on the back of a hog, water buffalo, snake, or elephant. These ideas had the delightful side-benefit of explaining earthquakes, since it logically follows the theory that if Earth was on an elephant’s back and the elephant itched, the Earth would move.
The idea of the Earth literally hanging on NOTHING – as in, an Earth in free-fall through space – was one that no ancient mind could have grasped. Newton’s famous “apple incident” gave us the first real clue as to how gravity operated to control bodies at great distances. But 3500 years ago? Only God could have known!

6. Job 38:25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder; As primitive man sought answers about the natural world, lightning became a part of his superstitions, his myths and his early religions.

For more
Http://thesimpleanswers.com/2009/08/08/does-god-exist/

Seek Ifa, all these and more in the bible were perfected by West African ancestors.
West Africans aren't greeks

1 Like

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by EvilBrain1(m): 10:42am On Jan 17, 2015
johnw74:

Are you really a Christian? Yet you call me a hypocrite and a whiner for replying to bad language used toward God and the Bible,

Im calling you a hypocrite because the double standard you are knowingly or unknowingly espousing. You christians are always more than happy to tell everyone else that their beliefs are nonsense, but you want to deny others the right to do the same to you.

And who are you to decide what language is "bad"? I see nothing wrong with what johnnydon22 posted which is simply a statement of fact. That those facts are inconveneint to you is nobodys problem but yours. You will not be allowed to use the exuse of "I'm offended" to limit another person's right to express his views. Je suis Charlie.

Also I'm not a christian. Look at my sig.

2 Likes

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnw74: 12:28am On Jan 18, 2015
EvilBrain1:

Im calling you a hypocrite because the double standard you are knowingly or unknowingly espousing. You christians are always more than happy to tell everyone else that their beliefs are nonsense, but you want to deny others the right to do the same to you.

And who are you to decide what language is "bad"? I see nothing wrong with what johnnydon22 posted which is simply a statement of fact. That those facts are inconveneint to you is nobodys problem but yours. You will not be allowed to use the exuse of "I'm offended" to limit another person's right to express his views. Je suis Charlie.

Then you will be able to quote these double standards I have been using in this thread,
wont you
Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnw74: 12:40am On Jan 18, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeah all of them are inspired including the quran too... Dont forget that...Religion abeg what is new?

I think it was Paul who wrote this letter to Timothy,
he was of course talking about Christian and Jewish scripture.

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by EvilBrain1(m): 1:02am On Jan 18, 2015
johnw74:

Then you will be able to quote these double standards I have been using in this thread,
wont you

Second sentence in my last post. You even quoted it: "You christians are always more than happy to tell
everyone else that their beliefs are nonsense, but you want to deny others the right to do the same to you."

Somebody makes a factual statement about the bible being old, barbaric and fictitious and you stsrt whining about "bad language" despite there being nothing of the sort. You want your unfounded beliefs to protected from skeptical enquiry while you go around criticizing other's (Ive seen your posting history, so dont bother denying it).

1 Like

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by johnw74: 5:41am On Jan 18, 2015
EvilBrain1:

Second sentence in my last post. You even quoted it: "You christians are always more than happy to tell
everyone else that their beliefs are nonsense, but you want to deny others the right to do the same to you."

Somebody makes a factual statement about the bible being old, barbaric and fictitious and you stsrt whining about "bad language" despite there being nothing of the sort. You want your unfounded beliefs to protected from skeptical enquiry while you go around criticizing other's (Ive seen your posting history, so dont bother denying it).

The second sentence you mentioned:

You christians are always more than happy to tell everyone else that their beliefs are nonsense,

I haven't said to you or to anyone in this thread that your beliefs are nonsense,
I may have said to someone somewhere else that something they said was nonsense??

Well anyway I'm glad you know that Christians are not evil brains.

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by EvilBrain1(m): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2015
johnw74:

Well anyway I'm glad you know that Christians are not evil brains.

My sig says '"Skepticism is my nature. Freethought is my methodology. Agnosticism is my conclusion. Atheism is my opinion. Humanism is my motivation." - Jerry DeWitt'

Evil Brain is my user name.

2 Likes

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by lawani: 7:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
I will answer with some common Yoruba sayings 'Obiri laye, se ni aye nyi, eda kan nto lehin ni' meaning 'the earth is spherical and rotating, living things are just trudging along the surface'. Osupa laye which literally means 'the Earth is a moon or the Earth is like a moon' which shows clearly people who were star trekkers and viewed Earth from outer space. Would you say our ancestors were God for knowing these?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Only God Could Have Known! by macof(m): 10:43am On Dec 07, 2015
lawani:
I will answer with some common Yoruba sayings 'Obiri laye, se ni aye nyi, eda kan nto lehin ni' meaning 'the earth is spherical and rotating, living things are just trudging along the surface'. Osupa laye which literally means 'the Earth is a moon or the Earth is like a moon' which shows clearly people who were star trekkers and viewed Earth from outer space. Would you say our ancestors were God for knowing these?

To be honest, I don't always remember the saying "obiri laye" very popular
Yorubas knew the earth was spherical before the "intelligent" Greeks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sixth And Seventh Book Of Moses / What Was Today's Sunday Topic At Your Church / Images Of Europeans Praying To Black Virgin Mary And Black Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.