Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Whats The Real Meaning Of Today DEMOCRACY DAY - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Whats The Real Meaning Of Today DEMOCRACY DAY (909 Views)

Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. / Kano City Of Today / Are The Young People Of Today Very Lazy And Materialistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Real Meaning Of Today DEMOCRACY DAY by israelboy1(m): 10:24am On May 29, 2013
Democracy is a means for the people to choose their leaders and to hold their leaders accountable for their policies and their conduct in office.
CONSIDERING THE DEFINITION OF TODAY, ITS BEEN NOTED THAT IT HAS FOUR KEY ELEMENTS WHICH ARE
1. A political system for choosing and replacing the government through free and fair elections.
2. The active participation of the people, as citizens, in politics and civic life.
3. Protection of the human rights of all citizens.
4. A rule of law, in which the laws and procedures apply equally to all citizens.

are these what we are really enjoying in my country, a country whereby you know who won the election, but its simply another you will see leading, a country whereby during the manifesto, you will see the so called aspirers using there mouth to create a world of there own which their action is simply against, what then is democracy in my country Nigeria.

well, i still love my country no matter what, cos i am simply the father of the next generation so things i do today willjudge maybe i will be among those that will give this country a good shape.

most of the time, these are simply what i do

Nigeria a home of milk and honey, we all re born nd told this slogan, since the day i was born, i still make use of my money to buy milk, even thou it is cowbell N10 naira i can afford, after soaking garri into a big bowl, doing this before i go to bed hoping it will rise just like yeast if i wake the next morning. Nd after finishing it, i will still tell at least 5 people everday of my life that Nigeria is a country flowing with milk and honey. Hmmm

my country is one of the best petroleum producer, my guy, it is now turning into a gold, my tiger generator (i better pass my neighbor type), the smoke coming out from there is enough to make nuclear eclipse to occur during the day, after i on the generator, i will hv to close the fuel tap a little just to make a litre last for 6hours, so as to receive cool breeze from my fan which i bought from a friend who inherited it from the father who gave birth to his own great grandfather, i hv to put my two pillows on my head in other to cover my ear nd block the noise coming out from this fan. After offing this, i will still meet with my neighbors, telling them my country is one of the best petroleum producer in the whole world. Hmmm

nigeria is one of the best country who has a fertile land, i believe this, infact, trowing a seed anywhere in my country will surely germinate, after considering all this, i still hv to write list of all of the things i want to buy in the market, buying pepper N100, all those fried fish, i will buy N10, five of them, so in the process of preparing my delicous soup, i will hv to pour just 3litres of water inside, so that the soup will last for at least 2 nd a half month, infact, if i want to eat, i will sit infront of my house, i mean outside the gate, so as to let people knw my country is among the best countries in the world, any body that passes infront of me as at that time, i will always welcome to join me in eating, even if they tell me they re okay, i still tell them my country is just the best.

There re still lots of benefits from my country in which i will love to share, but i wont want to share them now, nd somebody should now be telling me i am nt to say that. Well i wont even thank u for reading my post, all i will just type is thats all.

happy democracy day

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Strange Obsession That No One Understands. / Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Do You Really Rest On Saturdays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.