Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Women Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Pastors (792 Views)

Church Matas: Should Women Pastors Wear Trousers To Church? / Women Pastors Are Abomination In The Sight Of God / Women Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Pastors by JesusisLord85: 10:05pm On May 29, 2013
I grew up in the church, and only in the last year did I decide to pick up my bible, ask God to give me spirit of understanding, and proceed to read and understand the words written. I have since been able to see so many false teachings, and blatant examples of disobedience in our churches. People, I beg you, let us do as God asked so that it may be well with us and our nation. I need not preach because the word is clear enough on this:

1 Timothy 2:12-14 "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression".

'Clever' people will want to say it was Paul talking. But the word says:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

Or you may say, Paul was talking only to a particular church. LIE. But we know Paul taught the same message everywhere he went.

1 Timothy "A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach"

I trust I will hear names like Phoebe, Deborah etc. They were not preachers. So, again, why are churches allowing women pastors to preach to men? I do not say this because I feel they are incapable. I know women more intelligent than I am. This is a command given to the church, and we must follow it through. Because the world wants to promote women CEOs does not mean the church should promote women bishops.

Shalom
Re: Women Pastors by Nobody: 3:06am On May 30, 2013
Very interesting. But you have to keep in mind thst this was written in an era where there was no such thing as "womens rights". Sexism was rampant back then.
Re: Women Pastors by davonny: 10:35am On May 30, 2013
What do u mean by women's rights
Re: Women Pastors by JesusisLord85: 10:10am On May 31, 2013
*Kails*:
Very interesting. But you have to keep in mind thst this was written in an era where there was no such thing as "womens rights". Sexism was rampant back then.

Women not preaching is not about oppression, it is how God wants things to be. Your comment suggests God changes with the times, along with humanity. But word of God says God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, Hebrews 13:8.
Ask a "woman paster/elder" to give you scripture to support what she is doing... I have heard people try. They will only twist scripture to fit in with their own beliefs.

"There is a way which seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" (Proverbs 14:12)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Interview With TB Joshua / Jehovahs Witness(ijawkid, Truthislight,bernimoore) Teach Satan Is Holy & Divine / The Lords Chosen Crusade Coming Up In Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.