Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (340153 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
Worwor: don't mind that calabar man called pa effiong, he expect his battery to last more than a day. Even galaxy s4 doesn't.
If i hear
My co-worker's SGS4 Bat3 last 2days on minimal usage.
I often play NFS btw 3-4hrs and just 10% bat3 drains off
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by kingzoul(m): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD: The essence of this is to solve brick problems. For already rooted and working devices
Fist, yall should download and flash
Once you follow the guide properly, you stand no risk at all
Get twrp recovery into ya device
Backup you device for rainy days when factory reset can't solve your bootlop.

I downloaded the file about 5.56mb, placed it on my SD card and started MobileUncle, then clicked on Recovery Update but it didn't display the Recovery.img as displayed by your screenshot. is there something that I am missing?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
kingzoul:

I downloaded the file about 5.56mb, placed it on my SD card and started MobileUncle, then clicked on Recovery Update but it didn't display the Recovery.img as displayed by your screenshot. is there something that I am missing?
Extract the recovery.img inside the rar file

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by NIckyjay: 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Extract the recovery.img inside the rar file

pls hollasld i need d5 cwm recovery pls cry cry cry
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
gionee dream D1 still much available at 38500.techno f7 at 33k.we do delivery to your doorstep.call me now or add to watsapp.08034795720.

watch out for gionee e3.16gb internal memory.wow
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by seunpayne(m): 10:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
Just finished porting clockwork mod into
brenda. Tested and working so I'm uploading it so
everyone can get a taste and also because you will need
it to flash my brenda v1.01.1 next week.
Steps:
1. Download mobile uncle from play store
2. Make sure your device is rooted and has debugging
enabled
3. Download recovery image from here: recovery.zip -
https://docs.google.com/file/
d/0B5j_NCLhSSvIX2hEeF9TMVRLTjg/edit?
usp=docslist_api
4. Unzip to the root of your mem card
5. Now open mobile uncle an recovery. Choose the
recovery.img u extracted and it will ask you for
permission to flash and the reboot.
6. Dazall
Remember i am not responsible if you brick your device
(you wont if you follow d post but it has to be said)
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by tunsmart: 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
Colin Adua: ACTUALLY, IN THE REAL SENSE, THIS PHONE IS NOT F7, TECNO RARELY CALLS THIS PHONE SO.

THE REAL NAME OF THIS PHONE IS PHANTOM A. NOT EVEN A1. I WONDER WERE THOSE NAMES CAME FROM.

AT THE BACK OF THE PHONE ITS WRITTEN; "Model: A"

I THINK "F7" IS NOT YET OUT.

@Worwor
What is the name of that digital clock widget on the screen of your n3? Where can I get it?

Peace!!!
no sir you are wrong,if you connect the device to your laptop it reads Tecno f7 and with Bluetooth connection to another phone it reads phantom A.....not A1 so you are right about that at least...I don't know where they got A1 from....
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by tytayo: 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
Keep it up tecno!
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by freshp(m): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
sambo4all@yahoo.com:
Guy pl is dis new Airtel bis of 1,500 Unlimited or there is a particular amount of MB awarded?
i did subscribe to the package,but to my dismay when i checked for my data bundle balance it simply said i have 2gig of data,i was expecting to be told otherwise..did i do anything wrong...now it exhausted...so i dont think it is unlimited.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2013
Colin Adua: ACTUALLY, IN THE REAL SENSE, THIS PHONE IS NOT F7, TECNO RARELY CALLS THIS PHONE SO.

THE REAL NAME OF THIS PHONE IS PHANTOM A. NOT EVEN A1. I WONDER WERE THOSE NAMES CAME FROM.

You sir, are quite observant; for I follow all things tecno and use all their touchscreen phones and have come to this same conclusion.

Let me explain, a mega phone make in Philippines is called CHERRYMOBILE and their android phones are like TECNO here, and their initial top offering is called OMEGA HD just like the PHANTOM A, and they have just gone OMEGA HD version 2 with 1.2Ghz quad processors which matches the promise bandied by tecno for their next phone after the N7. To cut a long story short, I'm waiting patiently for that quad phone.

And oh, here are the specs:
Cherry Mobile Omega HD 2.0 specs:

MediaTek MT6589 chipset
1.2GHz quad-core CPU
Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX544 GPU
1GB RAM
4GB internal storage
microSD expansion (up to 32GB)
5-inch IPS-LCD display with Dragontrail glass (720 x 1,280 resolution; 294ppi)
12-megapixel rear camera with BSI technology and LED flash
2-megapixel front camera with BSI technology
2,100mAh battery
Android Jelly Bean

And a link to a video too....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLc6t8_HBCQ
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Edunwa302(m): 11:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
Alamation: someone should please help concerning this questions.
Here pics took with tecno f7 8mp

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
DeeManD:

You sir, are quite observant; for I follow all things tecno and use all their touchscreen phones and have come to this same conclusion.

Let me explain, a mega phone make in Philippines is called CHERRYMOBILE and their android phones are like TECNO here, and their initial top offering is called OMEGA HD just like the PHANTOM A, and they have just gone OMEGA HD version 2 with 1.2Ghz quad processors which matches the promise bandied by tecno for their next phone after the N7. To cut a long story short, I'm waiting patiently for that quad phone.

MediaTek MT6589 chipset
1.2GHz quad-core CPU
1GB RAM
4GB internal storage
2,100mAh battery
Android Jelly Bean

is tecno then preparing to release a quad core version of the phantom a?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by spicyboy(m): 1:17am On Jun 16, 2013
kingzoul:

help needed here. my n7 is asking for time
adjustment In whatsapp. I hv done several
times all 2 no avail. How can I download
whatsapp?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 2:48am On Jun 16, 2013
tomii: is tecno then preparing to release a quad core version of the phantom a?
The phone is hot!! Check out the screen scratch test!!! shocked shocked
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by adisaogo: 2:56am On Jun 16, 2013
pls where can i get this phone in ilorin. and how much does it goes 4
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 4:34am On Jun 16, 2013
179ppi vs 233ppi. Mehn waiting tinz jor
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 5:24am On Jun 16, 2013

Peace!!!
Did you just say the phone is not named "F7"?

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by johnj7818(m): 5:36am On Jun 16, 2013
Colin Adua: Who says Tecno Phantom A is over priced?

Let us be very reasonable. It true that in business we should remove sympathy and emotions, I dont mind being emotional because these Tecno guys have tried.

Which samsung, htc, lg, motorola, nexus, blackberry, smartphone comes with a power bank?

This phone goes as low as N32,500 with power bank of around N4,000.

That THL W8+ does it come with power bank?

Tecno guys know us very well with our NEPA issues and they moved to help. Tecno's reasonability is why I like them in the first place.

They are not only shipping out phones to us but they are looking for where we have problems with them and they are fixing them.

Remember, by selling this phone at as low as N32500, they are still taking money from it to pay salaries at their various carl care.

Haba people lets be reasonable now, these guys are trying, a beg.

Good morning all!!!
on point joor
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by johnj7818(m): 5:52am On Jun 16, 2013
Jeffy1206: tanx for de observation ave sent 1gig to u...de no again is 08033522700
please let me also feel it
. 08084473779
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Rajgan4edu: 5:55am On Jun 16, 2013
HOLLASLYD: everyone, download TWRP custom recovery ported by me to your device place it to the root of your sdcard

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vwsldnh01829zv/TEcnoF7%20TWRP.rar
Download mobile uncle from playstore
You must have root
Run it

Click on recovery update
You will see recovery.img located on the Sdcard at the first option.
Select it and confirm flash by pressing ok.
After that, you will recieve a pop up to boot into the recovery
Press ok to test run
sorry guy, am still very new 2 android devices and usage. Wot am i going 2 achieve wit dis mobile uncle? Pls help
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by kingzoul(m): 6:38am On Jun 16, 2013
seunpayne: Just finished porting clockwork mod into
brenda. Tested and working so I'm uploading it so
everyone can get a taste and also because you will need
it to flash my brenda v1.01.1 next week.
Steps:
1. Download mobile uncle from play store
2. Make sure your device is rooted and has debugging
enabled
3. Download recovery image from here: recovery.zip -
https://docs.google.com/file/
d/0B5j_NCLhSSvIX2hEeF9TMVRLTjg/edit?
usp=docslist_api
4. Unzip to the root of your mem card
5. Now open mobile uncle an recovery. Choose the
recovery.img u extracted and it will ask you for
permission to flash and the reboot.
6. Dazall
Remember i am not responsible if you brick your device
(you wont if you follow d post but it has to be said)

Is 'Brenda' same as Tecno F7. If so, can i get a screenshot of the process just like hollaslyd did. And Whats so different between CMW and TWRP. Thanks in anticipation of your reply
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by coobboy(m): 8:13am On Jun 16, 2013
is this cherry mobile mega hd 2.0 in nigeria if yes how much is it?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by seunpayne(m): 8:45am On Jun 16, 2013
kingzoul:

Is 'Brenda' same as Tecno F7. If so, can i get a screenshot of the process just like hollaslyd did. And Whats so different between CMW and TWRP. Thanks in anticipation of your reply

Yes i call my f7 brenda and i will try to post screens shots later in the day. But its really straightforward. Off to church

Happy modding
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by seunpayne(m): 8:55am On Jun 16, 2013
Also before go, hollasyd posted twrp. Dont compare dem as dey do the same thing... If this is the first time you are using recovery i suggest u use twrp because it has a user friendly ui.

Also if its only the recovery you flash you CANNOT BRICK YOUR PHONE... So please do just dat and make a backup before trying anything else. 08068081502. Contact me anytime nd i will answer your questions.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:00am On Jun 16, 2013
Rajgan4edu: sorry guy, am still very new 2 android devices and usage. Wot am i going 2 achieve wit dis mobile uncle? Pls help
Read my instructions properly.
Mobile uncle is the easiest and safest way of flashing the recovery.img I dropped. After flashing, back up up your phone incase it crashes in future.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by AdemolaGoc: 9:28am On Jun 16, 2013
Pls anybody, with the battery problem this phone supposedly has.
How many hours does the phone last under heavy usage and how many under light usage? Thnx in adv.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by demzzy: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2013
if u buy f7 from slot.does it come with power bank and flip case....
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by ademola1333(m): 10:09am On Jun 16, 2013
does d f7 screen scratches easily?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by jwills(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2013
DeeManD:

MediaTek MT6589 chipset
1.2GHz quad-core CPU
1GB RAM
4GB internal storage
2,100mAh battery
Android Jelly Bean

there is anoda phone wit d same spec as tecno but with a quad core processor it d xolo q1000

m.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google&v=lc0k7EKgLGU
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by jwills(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2013
jwills:

there is anoda phone wit d same spec as tecno but with a quad core processor it d xolo q1000

m.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google&v=lc0k7EKgLGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc0k7EKgLGU
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Montalo(m): 11:47am On Jun 16, 2013
This phone sounds cool.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Alamation(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2013
Edunwa302:
Here pics took with tecno f7 8mp
Thanks. Seriously thinking of selling my iPhone4 now but I'm still not familiar with these android terms like Rooting, Mobile Uncle etc. Now my questions is, if I get this phone, must I do most of these thing b4 I start enjoying it cos I love games a lot. And is there FiFa 13 in the Android market?

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.