Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Fresh Project Part 6 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fresh Project Part 6 (703 Views)

Fresh Project Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Project Part 6 by greenmouse(m): 2:01pm On May 31, 2013
I have been working on this project along side other ones

http://writesafrica.net/

How does it look ? Interface or GUI Review requested for now ?

Thanks alot.
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by yawatide(f): 7:17pm On May 31, 2013
1) The green-ish background at the top isn't consistent across all pages. I would reduce it to maybe half of what is on the home page.

2) Get rid of the flashing in the "sponsors" section(s)

3) General: You might want to consider incorporating responsive web design into your projects. It is the way to go for the next 5 or so years at least. Your customers will thank you for it wink
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:44am On Jun 01, 2013
@GreenMouse, you keep opening thread: 'Fresh project part 1', 'Fresh project part 2', , 'Fresh project part 3', 'Fresh project part 4', etc. And yet none of the project is completed. Last time, you quickly showed us yesresource.com, and up till today, the project has not been completed. I think it's immaturity to throw one or two images, texts and colors together and rush to Nairaland to showcase it.

Several things are wrong with your interface designs. There are some basic things you are not getting.

For instance, check this: http://www.yesresource.com/, then zoom it out and see how the page just scattered. The background where the three persons are sitting, should not be an image. Just make the three persons to be image with the color attached to them in photoshop. Then bring them inside a div and float them to the left and just make the bg of the divs white. It will not have a height. The height will grow automatically as you add more stuff. Even if you zoom out it will keep growing.

Your nav link hover is not professionally done. The 'home' background has a radius corner, but the hover bg doesnt have. It must have so that it will blend well.

When you zoomed out, did you notice that your footer background just jumped to the left? Now, this is the problem. You added a big bg image and made it's width: 100%. Now, why did u added, no-repeat to it since you made it 100% width? Again, why did you add that big image when you can use 100px/100px image and make it repeat? Since the bg image has only one color, why making it so big? There are some fundamentals you must make sure you capture very well in web design.

Now, I took out few hours and redesigned your homepage with your images and colors. Check: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/yes Zoom it out and see what will happen.

Take a look at the screenshot of yours when zoomed out.
And mine when zoomed out.

BTW, am not having anything against you. It's just that we must keep learning or face been outdated.

Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by tabontabon: 9:56am On Jun 01, 2013
@graphicsplus,ur most matured comment/critique i have read so far.it encourages d subject,& he is left to either take to corrections or not.
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by greenmouse(m): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
1) The green-ish background at the top isn't consistent across all pages. I would reduce it to maybe half of what is on the home page.

2) Get rid of the flashing in the "sponsors" section(s)

3) General: You might want to consider incorporating responsive web design into your projects. It is the way to go for the next 5 or so years at least. Your customers will thank you for it wink

Thanks alot, am always encouraged at your comments.

Thanks alot.
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by greenmouse(m): 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
GraphicsPlus: @GreenMouse, you keep opening thread: 'Fresh project part 1', 'Fresh project part 2', , 'Fresh project part 3', 'Fresh project part 4', etc. And yet none of the project is completed. Last time, you quickly showed us yesresource.com, and up till today, the project has not been completed. I think it's immaturity to throw one or two images, texts and colors together and rush to Nairaland to showcase it.

Several things are wrong with your interface designs. There are some basic things you are not getting.

For instance, check this: http://www.yesresource.com/, then zoom it out and see how the page just scattered. The background where the three persons are sitting, should not be an image. Just make the three persons to be image with the color attached to them in photoshop. Then bring them inside a div and float them to the left and just make the bg of the divs white. It will not have a height. The height will grow automatically as you add more stuff. Even if you zoom out it will keep growing.

Your nav link hover is not professionally done. The 'home' background has a radius corner, but the hover bg doesnt have. It must have so that it will blend well.

When you zoomed out, did you notice that your footer background just jumped to the left? Now, this is the problem. You added a big bg image and made it's width: 100%. Now, why did u added, no-repeat to it since you made it 100% width? Again, why did you add that big image when you can use 100px/100px image and make it repeat? Since the bg image has only one color, why making it so big? There are some fundamentals you must make sure you capture very well in web design.

Now, I took out few hours and redesigned your homepage with your images and colors. Check: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/yes Zoom it out and see what will happen.

BTW, am not having anything against you. It's just that we must keep learning or face been outdated.

@graphicplus, the same way you have not done anything on this http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/portfolio , since you showed us your ''already template empowered website'', Does it mean you have no job yet to post there ?, please allow me that have plenty job on my hands to execute and showcase it here.

I have nothing against you, just keep your critics clean and straight to the point like @yewatide (we are not in any competition, the industry is very big believe me).

I only post jobs to get feedback/comments from my fellow webmasters who are already familiar with my projects and not to be quarreled for my constant postings.

I will work on making my websites responsive for now. No body is an island in web development industry, take my advice.

Thanks alot.
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
I dont get you sir. 'already template empowered website'
Well u should know that I code from scratch.
Do I need to tell you that you use dreamweaver spry for your drop down menus and free web templates for your jobs?
I dont need to tell you that becos u know.
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by miracle4(m): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
greenmouse:

@graphicplus, the same way you have not done anything on this http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/portfolio , since you showed us your ''already template empowered website'', Does it mean you have no job yet to post there ?, please allow me that have plenty job on my hands to execute and showcase it here.

I have nothing against you, just keep your critics clean and straight to the point like @yewatide (we are not in any competition, the industry is very big believe me).

I only post jobs to get feedback/comments from my fellow webmasters who are already familiar with my projects and not to be quarreled for my constant postings.

I will work on making my websites responsive for now. No body is an island in web development industry, take my advice.

Thanks alot.
That's a very poor judgement and response
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by mashnino(m): 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
greenmouse:

Thanks alot.

Guy you Bleep up here oo..you for just appreciate the advice and forget the part wey hurt you..

all na still web development whether na template or na from scratch all na still d same...

The only thing na just experience.. oya no vex with am again just allow am pass..

You go chop biscuit?

@Graphicplus can i b ur friend? no homo ooo..

i fit to learn one or two things from you

that's if you go agree to put me thru..

wat dyu say my guy? "stretches out right hand"
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I dont get you sir. 'already template empowered website'
Do I need to tell you that you use dreamweaver spry for your drop down menus and free web templates for your jobs?

HOW IS THAT YOUR PROBLEM? HUH..

@greenmouse keep making your money, let him start yawning dust
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:45am On Jun 02, 2013
Is making money ur problem? Webmasters are after building beatiful stuff that satisfy happy clients.
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by miracle4(m): 3:27am On Jun 02, 2013
ActiveMan:

keep making your money, let him start yawning dust
Most Nigerian's mentality
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 02, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Is making money ur problem? Webmasters are after building beatiful stuff that satisfy happy clients.

@GreenMouse, you keep opening thread: 'Fresh project part 1', 'Fresh project part 2', , 'Fresh project part 3', 'Fresh project part 4', etc. And yet none of the project is completed. Last time, you quickly showed us yesresource.com, and up till today, the project has not been completed. I think it's immaturity to throw one or two images, texts and colors together and rush to Nairaland to showcase it.

All i have seen in all your post is PRIDE.

I KNOW THIS, I CAN CODE FROM SCRATCH, WHO CAN SOLVE THIS E.T.C

if you really want to help him or want to suggest something you will pass it across in a matures manner.

do you know that the few hours you used to redesign the site http://www.yesresource.com/

you can create a thread on how this can be done so that people can learn not just BOASTING on nothing
(please read http://hanofharmony.com/the-dangers-of-pride-and-arrogance/)

if i decide to use this

<font color='red' >THIS IS COLOR RED. </font>
Instead of this
<span class='red '>THIS IS COLOR RED. </span>

so you will call me a bad web designer?

have a nice day.

miracle4: Most Nigerian's mentality
Which charity organisation do you work for?

start learning now and later use your skills @ your old age

not everybody will shine like Pa Fatai Rolling Dollar.
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:40am On Jun 02, 2013
It's well.
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by greenmouse(m): 9:02am On Jun 02, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I dont get you sir. 'already template empowered website'

Load your portfolio lets know who uses templates lolz.

My problem is just that am too busy for your post replies.

Am not a freelancer like you, am a registered a corporate company.

You talk of responsive website and think you know all.

Ok, do you know you are no where to be found on google.

Think responsive, think SEO.

You don't know anything and you are not better than me sincerely.

stop your envy, be real.

Good news : I got another contract am working on now, look the attached pics, hope it looks cool.

keep talking, let me keep executing projects, no time.

Thanks active man ,@miracle4, it will get better everyday.
@yewatide thanks to you.

Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by greenmouse(m): 9:06am On Jun 02, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Is making money ur problem? Webmasters are after building beatiful stuff that satisfy happy clients.

So you run charity, thats why you don't have any portfolio list on your templated website
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:36am On Jun 02, 2013
Hmmmm.
Re: Fresh Project Part 6 by tabontabon: 9:47am On Jun 02, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Hmmmm.
guy,i saw it coming. I knew it will turn out this way. U dont mess with d cabal.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is To Be Held Responsible When A Website Is Used For Fraud Purposes? / Moving Joomla Site From Local Host To Remote Server / Google Adsense Best Alternative To Earn Cool Cash Is Bidvertiser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.