Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? (5433 Views)

Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists / Naira Drops To 251/dollar, External Reserves Now $29.7bn / Naira Drops, As BVN Paralyses Forex Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? by OscarJ1(m): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2008
Hi Wise ones:

I have meet several pple and had series of interviews on this saying, every one i ve disscussed with on this agrees, but the issue i ve is most pple dont seem to leave up to their words/believe. y? could it be that we are not disciplined or we just dont care about things that are important and needs to be taken care off? hum! i am yet to find the answer to this.

One thing i found out is that we human beings are mostly our own problems cos we dont seem to see beyond our immediate. there are a lot of financial challenges that can be overcomed in this life only if we can start taking the future serious.

What brings about me pouring this out is this, i spoke to a bunch of newly hired guys(fresh from sch) that work in a repuatble firm somewhere in VI on how to start saving up money for themselves aaginst tommorrows needs today buy making a regular monthly deduction of btw 5,10,15k etc or whatever your capacity takes after doing your cash flow analysis, i even went as far as telling them the story of a particular okada rider whom i encouraged on this and took it serious, today the guy has never for once stopped thanking me anytime he comes to make addtional payment and he tells me now he has plenty of peace of mind whenever he looks at his account and sees how much he has been able to put aside(he has brought couple of his mates). They were all happy and promised taking thier finances serious, all to my surprise about 70% started investing immediately they got thier upfront payment which was in the 7 figures bracket a week later, the remaing where roaming round without any genuine/concrete reason, when i say no genuine/concrete reason i mean exactly that.

Again i hear alot of pple say things they want to achieve in life or what they should have achieve in life but because they did not have enough funds they could not and am wondering why cant you discipline yourself and save up for what YOU want and achieve it instead of fantasizing and all that.

Examples:

I want more education ( masters abroad, yet u werent born with a silver spoon in your mouth)
getting married ( tell the lady to wait 3-5 more years, then u turn her into a waiter cos u dont have enough funds yet)
New car ( yet you drive 3rd- 4th hand and you r comfortable)
House rent (  i cant pay for a flat now cos am not married, LOW/POVERTY MENTALITY  let me manage a room & parlour)

The list is endless.

Why find urself in this bracket when u can save up/invest  and have a better life & be happy?  smiley

My elders why is this happening to us? 

Pls share your experience(s) if you have been in a situation of not obeying/obeying the law of ''LIITLE DROPS OF WATER, MAKES A MIGHTY OCEAN'' and let pple know how important it is to save up.

Have u beneffited from savings? cos i have.

I can be reached on 08067123330, Eniola
Re: Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? by qeemus: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2008
True talk.i invest over60% of my monthly earnings with ARM because i wish to retire in 5yrs time(by then,i'll be 35)and start my own cargo airline(amen)
Re: Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? by OscarJ1(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2008
Thank You my broda:

I was thinking if you could share with us wat ur experience has been so far. i.e has it been easy? r u benefitting from this decision? is it taking u closer to living ur dreams?

Pls i will appreciate.
Re: Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? by qeemus: 4:28pm On May 02, 2008
well,i'll say nothing comes easy.if you can forgo some uneccessary expenses,it shouldn't be that difficult.as for me i've made it an habit,sometimes ,ppl say i'm being stingy to my self,but i know where i'm going and i've already figured out how to get there.
Re: Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? by excelnow(m): 6:36pm On May 02, 2008
well, has any of you guys heard of dubai multi level marketing programme. it pays every member and it is absolutely free to join. Why dont u read more on www.zeiquit.dubaimlm.com
Re: Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? by abujabooks(f): 12:57pm On May 14, 2008
Yes I believe this. I have to admit that, it is hard.

Someone explained this to me last year. This is what, I try to do on every income received. 10% to God. 30% for investment and 60% bills.

My Pastor preaches about financial security and my thinking has changed about investments. I invest more than spending these days. I have been teaching my kids about investments as well.

(1) (Reply)

Alternative Means I Use In Getting Forex (usd,eur,gbp) For My Int'l Transactions / Nigeria’s Forex Inflow Hits $15bn In First Quarter / Solar Power At Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.