Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? (4604 Views)

Please, How Realistic Is This Invite? / British Council Venue Staff Vs Marketing Job In A Bank. / Pls Does Any House Member Know D Bank Dat Uses Green Roof, White Paint And Red Window Frame? And Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Sattors(m): 8:14pm On May 31, 2013
I really need somebody to advice me here.
I have job offer as a contract staff in a Bank (DSA) with a target i might not be able to achieve. And am to resume on monday but am so confuse if i shud even start at all cus d manager told me he show me d way out after two months if i didt achieve my target and presently i have sometin doin dou the pay is small. Whud i try it or just stay back?
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Osama10(m): 9:09pm On May 31, 2013
Forget it or else you want High Blood Pressure.

1 Like

Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 31, 2013
I'm currently a team lead (sales) in a bank and have over 10 DSAs under my direct supervision. These guys earn a base pay of 40k monthly. However, they earn commissions on the average monthly balance on the accounts opened and loan deals brought. There are months where they earn in excess of N250k and sometime even more than me. Their monthly target is just 40 accounts. I'd advise you to give it a shot if you have the drive to achieve results within a defined time.

1 Like

Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by yunisco: 9:53pm On May 31, 2013
Pls if where u are is okay 4 u why going into modern day slavery with diamond bank.d pay is 18k not 40k, if after 3months u did not meet d target given 2 u, dey will sack u. My brother, wisdom is profitable to direct, contrack job no b am expecially with D bank, other bank are better of.
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 01, 2013
If Ʊ re talking bout DSA job I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Diamond bank thru SOL. D pay ȋ̝̊̅§ 18k..before Ʊ can start making commissions,I mean real commisiong Ʊ shd be opening accounts wit big millions,furthermore these accounts need to be experiencing huge inflows as quick as possible, as after 2 or 3mnths they re tagged to †ђξ full time marketers,Ʊ start †ђξ whole cycle again..wat I advise ȋ̝̊̅§ that Ʊ dnt quit wat Ʊ re doing presently,,DSA ȋ̝̊̅§ a very short contract offer,,nd seriouly!!Ʊ ll be pushed out if Ʊ dnt meet up..but for experience sake,,take †ђξ offer,while doing ur own thing,thres nooo harm I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ trying,Ʊ alwaz hav †ђξ option of resigning wen it gets tough rather than being sacked..that's another job experience for Ʊ ,,best of luck!!
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by MissOpe(f): 5:09am On Jun 01, 2013
My Dear Marketing is only realistic if u're connected and u do have people who are willing to help u achieve your targets...
Also Aristos go into it cos majority of them av what it takes to help convince their magass or mugus....
However if u dont fall into the above category then u'll either haave to make up ur mind to work the whole area ure posted to just to achieve ur dreams or u simply dont go into it @ alll....
Wait let me guess the bank dat ure about to work with... F.C.M.B am I right?
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Leoejiofor(m): 5:21am On Jun 01, 2013
If you really want to acquire a career in banking, i will advice you to pick the job, cos most branch managers, regional managers etc, started as a DSA, you can be lucky and get something better. You must not be a contract forever. Don't be afriad of the target, just blv that is achievable. @Mr wise which of the bank are you working with?
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Adesiji77: 6:44am On Jun 01, 2013
@Dr Wise...i hail o! Where have you been? Long time!
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 01, 2013
Adesiji77: @Dr Wise...i hail o! Where have you been? Long time!
Adesiji, my guy. How is it going? We have been hibernating waiting for our new roles since our current roles have been collapsed.
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Sattors(m): 11:06am On Jun 01, 2013
Miss Ope: My Dear Marketing is only realistic if u're connected and u do have people who are willing to help u achieve your targets...
Also Aristos go into it cos majority of them av what it takes to help convince their magass or mugus....
However if u dont fall into the above category then u'll either haave to make up ur mind to work the whole area ure posted to just to achieve ur dreams or u simply dont go into it @ alll....
Wait let me guess the bank dat ure about to work with... F.C.M.B am I right?

@miss ope, its not FCMB but DIAMOND Bank
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Sattors(m): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2013
yunisco: Pls if where u are is okay 4 u why going into modern day slavery with diamond bank.d pay is 18k not 40k, if after 3months u did not meet d target given 2 u, dey will sack u. My brother, wisdom is profitable to direct, contrack job no b am expecially with D bank, other bank are better of.
@yunisco, its actually Diamond Bank but how did u know?
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Sattors(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2013
Just want to say a big thank u to every one dat contributed even those dat will still contribute cus istill have btw today and tomorrow to make up my mind. Thank u everyone.
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Adesiji77: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2013
Sattors:
@yunisco, its actually Diamond Bank but how did u know?

Its obvious now. The issue of DSA pay in the industry is not a secret!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
DSA? Modern day slavery. Dnt even bother taking it. Its unrealistic. Trust me, i've been there, except u actually hv pple dat will give u millions. Jst continue wit wateva u're doing. Its nt worth d stress or ur time.
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Adesiji77: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
@OP...welfare conditions of DSAs differ from bank to bank. Focus also difer from bank to bank. DB might be focusing on 'millions'(i.e. deposits) while the other bank's focus could be on 'numbers' (i.e. customer acquisition). Dr Wise has given a picture (which I can attest to) of what works in his bank. You might need to speak with the current DSAs in Diamond Bank but the decision ultimately lies with you. May God show you the way!
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by Nobody: 2:56am On Jun 02, 2013
@Dr Wise.how is stanbic?from ur post and analysis I know u belong to stanbic.I am a DSA with them.the target is not bad.have been there since Jan.my team lead has be very helpful but was sack in April.which region are u?what will ur new role be from 3rd of June?guys are making money here ooo.mostly guys in business DSA.
Are u sure we can be converted in the nearest future?
Re: How Realistic Is Marketing Job In D Bank? by DejiOluyem(m): 10:14am On Jun 02, 2013
There is virtually nothing impossible if you can have people who can support u by giving u deposits of those millions... It can be easier to make more money but as for the career, there is no future in it. I have done it before. And if u can bear the stigma.

(1) (Reply)

Free Data Typing Jobs At Www.freedatajob.com / Video: Shameful Moment 9ja Doctors Lined Up To Apply For Job In Saudi Arabia / Advertisement Of Staff Vacancies By Fountain University, Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.