Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,438 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? (1559 Views)

A Programmer Should Code This For Me And I Will Pay You Duely / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / Help With This Layout And Implementation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:59pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ok, webmasters, let's see who can code this layout as it is in the attached image.

Note:
No images required.
The white texts 'Logo, About, Services, Portfolio, Resources and Contact' are links.
I want when that link is hovered, the text color will become orange and the background of the box will turn to black.
Don't make it responsive grin or you will consume your time.
This is pretty simple, it just requires thinking and tricks.

Let's do it.
Goodluck.

Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
All these una challenge codes dey do me somehow. . .
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2013
@dhtml, how is it doing you?
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
Like trying to test my skills if i am capable of pulling the stuff
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by nollyj: 12:26am On Jun 02, 2013
This is what I have tried to do. The link to the demo is here
http://toscanyacademy.com/testing/css.html

see the screenshot below

Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:40am On Jun 02, 2013
@Nollyj, thank you. u are realy a css guru. do u know that this thing gave me small wahala? at first i knew it will be a simple css3 transform effect, but the texts also were transformed becos i added them inside the transformed divs. i began to think. it then occurred to me that i can place the link outside the divs and position the links absolutely and target each of them to sit on its appropriate div. i think ur approach is quite simpler.

Here is mine: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/poly
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2013
Okay, nollyj, that one is very good. It seems you are jobless to be writing all that code, give me your email, let me give you a real life project to work on - this one, you will code css tire, and possibly javascript sef.
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by nollyj: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2013
GraphicsPlus: @Nollyj, thank you. u are realy a css guru. do u know that this thing gave me small wahala? at first i knew it will be a simple css3 transform effect, but the texts also were transformed becos i added them inside the transformed divs. i began to think. it then occurred to me that i can place the link outside the divs and position the links absolutely and target each of them to sit on its appropriate div. i think ur approach is quite simpler.

Here is mine: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/poly

You also did a nice job. Your solution has given me another perspective. Yeah, when I first saw that the links were rotated, I decided that since the rotation was 45 degree I can also reset it with minus 45 degree and it worked.

Because one problem can be solved in different ways in programming, it has always left me thinking if the approach I adopt is very good. That has been my challenge.
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by nollyj: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2013
*dhtml:
Okay, nollyj, that one is very good. It seems you are jobless to be writing all that code, give me your email, let me give you a real life project to work on - this one, you will code css tire, and possibly javascript sef.

Yeah, I am jobless programmer wink but can code - tosca207 at yahoo.com
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2013
No time to be coding what will take your time. When I get to such bridge, I will crozz it.
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by sisqology(m): 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
*shakes my ass and walks away*
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by gozika55l: 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
great css3 coding, you guys are doing
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by singhabhishek25: 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
@Nollyj, you are a good programmer I think, but at the same time I am worried that how a good programmer like you could be jobless? Are you jobless by your choice?
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by nollyj: 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
singhabhishek25: @Nollyj, you are a good programmer I think, but at the same time I am worried that how a good programmer like you could be jobless? Are you jobless by your choice?

I work as a freelance but I am only get few jobs in a while. May be it will change with time.
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
trollin
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by Princessmel(f): 3:09am On Jun 09, 2013
Simple shit! Come back with something more challenging please! This insults my intelligence angry

1 Like

Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by OlisaAnderson: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2013
Im sorry, but im a Nigerian website designer based in lagos, got my knowledge at the bristol uni.
Pls check out my portfolio page at www.in-sonmia.com. Thanks
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
OlisaAnderson: Im sorry, but im a Nigerian website designer based in lagos, got my knowledge at the bristol uni.
Pls check out my portfolio page at www.in-sonmia.com. Thanks

Are you a scammer or a spammer? gringrin
Your website is nice anyway. Hope u are happy now?
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by jydo306: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2013
I love dis
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
singhabhishek25:
@Nollyj, you are a good programmer I think, but at the same time I am worried that how a good programmer like you could be jobless? Are you jobless by your choice?

Jeez, WTF! Now a person that codes CSS is a "Programmer", well I guess since this post is from 2013 this person would've learnt the differences between an actual programmer and a web-designer and @op is that even a task, feels more like amateur coding practice.
Re: Finally, Another CSS Challenge. Who Can Code This Layout? by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
dhtml18:
I need job ooo(I'm jobless) between html css and JavaScript that's where my power reach m.. Pclassiq@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Google Adsense 4 Sale Cheap Price / Buy Nigerian Adsense Non Hosted Account For Low Price / I Forgave Him But A Boy Still Remember, Mark Zuckerberg Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.