Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,878 members, 7,841,294 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule (2606 Views)

The Offside Rule. / What Is The Offside Rule Please!? / FIFA to Scrap Offside Rule? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by Uby40(m): 6:33pm On May 02, 2008
the ref made up 4 his error, by not thinking twice to award Chelsea their much deserved penalty, i bet he would have hesitated, or called it a dive, if we played at Anfield. In his match report, he said he went by his Assistant's ruling that a certain Blue shirt was obstructing play. well, to some extent i think he was right, because the target, being the goal post wasnt fully evaquated by our players.so lets not blame him too much, even if he broke the rules.Rules are meant to be broken, the fact is that we are in the finals. i was so happy that night that i cudnt bear dropping tears, especially when Lampard scored that penalty, it was so touching to see a player so dedicated to his club,and not letting go of his family berieved state.

Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by Jackal1(m): 6:54pm On May 02, 2008
@ Emperoh,

Its a very simple thang. . .

Get a recorded tape of the match and pause the play just as Essien volleyed the ball.
With ur tape in the PAUSE MODE, look at the positions of the Chelsea players in the OFFSIDE position especially Drogba.
The fact that most referees let goals like this stand does not mean it's VALID.
Didier Drogba knew what he was doing standing in that positon. . . . He is a cunt. grin grin grin

@ dyabman,

Eat a DICK!!!
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by lysaa(f): 9:07pm On May 02, 2008
how many times have u paused that match to make valid ur claims? abeg that was a clear goal. they could count interference to claim a stand but it sure aint off. Thank God blues won in the end.
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by femikay149(m): 10:56pm On May 03, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Femikay149,

Your football knowledge is nuthing to write home about.

A player does not have to touch the ball to INTERFERE with play.
If a player standing in an offside position blocks the goalie's view. . . .He is adjudged to be offside based on INTERFERENCE.
Take off your rose-tinted specs and get some footie knowledge.
Jackal.:

Didier Drogba knew what he was doing standing in that positon. . . . He is a cunt. grin grin grin

@ dyabman,

Eat a DICK!!!

@ Jackal i can see you're Mr know it all.Bt u refused to answer my Questions where do u get your own rules from. Fifa? i don't think so .Sky Sports or Dstv? Damn sure that where u get your rules from.
Accordingto Fifa rules that is goal.

and it's clear you're anti chelsea y call Drogba a cunt.Beef please go get a life .loser
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by Jackal1(m): 11:07pm On May 03, 2008
@ Femikay149,

Why don't u keep an eye on your thick lips?
U spew a lotta tosh for a man. . . . u need to button up ur lip, nigga!!!!

If u dunno about FIFA's offside rule then dont come on here misinforming the public.
I dont expect an autistic savant like u to understand . . .Afterall, your IQ is less than 0.55!
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by femikay149(m): 12:45am On May 04, 2008
@ jackal i retract my statement about the fifa offside rule.After going to fifa website and reading the offside rule .i saw that obstructing an opponent line of vision could mean involvement in active play and invariably off side. the rules as follows
The definitions of elements of involvement in active play are as follows:

Interfering with play means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate.

Interfering with an opponent means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

Gaining an advantage by being in that position means playing a ball that rebounds to him off a post or the crossbar having been in an offside position or playing a ball that rebounds to him off an opponent having been in an offside position.
also the fifa link bleow

http://www.fifa.com/flash/lotg/football/en/Laws11_03.htm

But

But let me make dis clear because i didnt agree wit ur opinion doesnt give u d rite to say dat i ve a low level of I.Q. U need to watch your mouth and respect urself.If u were okay upstairs u would ve replied me based on the issue we were discussing and nt calling names.Infact u r just stupid and 1 proud son of a gun
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by sesejive(m): 10:09am On May 04, 2008
hey
the goal was a good goal , as all three chelsea players were not interefring with the play when essien kicked the ball.
as for drogbe blocking Riena's view, well i did not see that and i guess it was a mistake by the linesman to have raised his flag. we all know these people called refs and linesmen do make mistakes too at least they are human.
to me the goal was not supposed to be disallowed but thank God Chelsea won at the end.
To all manchester United fans: there is trouble waitng for u at Moscow. forget the champions league and think of next season
to all Chelsea fans: congratulations for belonging to the wining team we have come a long way and this is our time no Sir fregy can stop us no rooney or ronaldo can do that either. we are going to Moscow to win
[b]Up Blues[/b]
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by McOmo(m): 3:44pm On May 04, 2008
sesejive

ever heard of specsavers

come off it dude . . .IT WAS CLEARLY OFFSIDE ! cool
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by Tattooboy: 4:29pm On May 04, 2008
damn the ref, but on the other side he's just a human like us so no one is perfect
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by dejiavu(m): 2:06pm On May 05, 2008
well, all i have to say is that the goal was a fantastic goal. if the ref. can disallowed the goal, that mean Liverpool goal in the first leg should be disallowed too because if you can rewatch the game Babel was on offside from the build-up of that goal.
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by dyabman(m): 1:45pm On May 06, 2008
@jackal

yes i can eat your father's Long Susage DICK, umm YUMMY!!!!!!, and lick ur mama's dark old pussy till she squirt, hahahahahahaha, i will follow every comment u make all over NAIRALAND.

@Emperoh

Are u scared of the starved rat who lives in the wilderness. This don dey fumble too much. omo if i see am i go fight am first, i swear he he he he ,, tim ba , tim ba , tim ba raba tin tin, sho ara e JACKADI
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by Jackal1(m): 3:49pm On May 06, 2008
@ Dyabman,

Why don't u go maim urself somewhere?
5 table spoonfuls of cyanide and garri should do the trick!!!!!!
I dont even have time for a human mutt like u. . . . .
If only your father had a mother wit. . . . he shouldn't have shot his rusty semen in ur mother's distorted ovaries that made u.
You are a demented billy boat!!!!
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by femikay149(m): 11:14pm On May 06, 2008
Dyabman ,I see i aint the only pesron that has noticed the kid and stupidity in Jackal a.k.a the son of a gun.This guy is so annoying and yarns like a kid.instead of engaging in intelectual discussions, he begins to abuse every one that opposes his view,because he believes he knows everything.although i c every 1 knows u r an empty barrel.

Jackal pls grow up.
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by Jackal1(m): 11:26pm On May 06, 2008
@ Femikay149,

I can see this is now an obsession. . . .
Don't u have a fucking life? All u do everyday is to come here and talk about Jackal.
When autistic savants like u come online to spew balderdash, they get burnt. . .

Dont blame me for your low IQ. . . . . . .
Acute mal-nourishment as a baby as condemned your under-developed brain to distort.
If only adequate family planning was put into practice before u were conceived, NL won't have to cope with an impetuous pig like u.

P.S. Stop smoking ur pubic hair. . . .Its too bad for ur health!!!
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by tosinadeda: 1:52am On May 07, 2008
madness, muki pls close the thread if this continues!!!!
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by timbahama(m): 3:14am On May 07, 2008
@ Jackal
Stop it,
the guy has agreed that you are right. why dont you stop the abuse.
u dont have to abuse anybody that opposes your view.
even Jesus Christ was opposed when he was here,did he kill them though He is All knowing and All Powerful
Be a Gentle Man
@Femikay149,
Man,thats Enough.Let it go.pls
Re: Essien's Goal And The Offside Rule by dyabman(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2008
Thanks Guyz, no more abuses. See ya.

(1) (2)

8 Strange Football Rules You Never Knew / Nigerian Wins $1,147,449 In Poker Game In The US / No Nigeria, Lesotho Topic ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.