Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout (1229 Views)

My Father Must Go To Jail, 12-year-old Girl Impregnated By Her Own Dad Tells Pol / I Murdered My Father For Scolding Me ─ Son / I Saw Policemen Killing My Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 03, 2013
An 18-year-old boy, Olanrewaju Kayode-Aremu, who was
recently arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for
stabbing his 46-year-old father, Victor Kayode-Aremu, to death
has said he does not regret his action.
The native of Kwara State added that he decided to stab his
father to death because he could not lay his hands on poison
or a gun which he would have used to kill his father
PUNCH Metro had reported on May 15, 2013 that the suspect
stabbed his father to death at their home located at Langbasa
in Ajah.
It had also been reported that the suspect was a Geology
student of the University of Ilorin, Kwara State, but was asked
to leave the school due to his poor grades.
The suspect, who is currently being detained at the state
Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, said he killed his
father for many reasons.
He said killing his father was a mistake but he still had no
regrets.
Olarenwaju said one of the reasons why he killed his father was
that his father forced him to study Geology even though he did
not like the course.
He said, "My father used to maltreat me and my mother was
aware of this. Sometimes he would not give me food or money.
He sent me to University of Ilorin but I did not get the course I
wanted. I was admitted to study Geology but I wanted to study
Biochemistry.
"My father forced me to go to the school and after I failed, the
school asked me to leave. I started working with my father
afterwards and I used to follow him to work. He did not want to
send me to school anymore."
Narrating what happened on the day he killed his father,
Olanrewaju said he had complained to his parents that he was
not feeling too well but they had ignored him.
He said it was in the usual behaviour of his father to maltreat
him, adding that he decided to vent his anger on his father
He said, "On that day that I killed my father, I was ill and I told
my parents but they ignored me. I do not really know what
came over me. I took a knife and followed my father upstairs
and stabbed him repeatedly. He ran downstairs and I chased
him downstairs and stabbed him once more.
"My mother saw me when I stabbed him to death but she did
nothing."
Asked why he decided to kill his father in such a gruesome
manner, he said, "I could not get poison or a gun. That was
why I stabbed him."
Olanrewaju, who is the first of five children, said his father
married a second wife and this had strained the good
relationship the family once had.
He said on several occasions, his father had sent him out of the
house because he hated him, stressing that he had reported to
relatives but no one ever listened to him.
Olanrewaju said he killed his father because he believed he
would not be arrested due to his young age. He said he
thought the murder would be treated as a family affair.
He lamented that since his arrest, family members, including
his mother, had refused to visit him.
He said, "My mother has not come to visit me since I was
arrested. I want her to get me a lawyer. I am still very young. I
killed him because I wanted to be free. I did not know I would
be arrested. I thought nothing would ever happen to me.
"I am not happy in detention and I want the police to release
me; I have suffered enough. I am not happy in the cell."

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/metro/ive-no-regrets-about-killing-my-father-varsity-dropout/
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2013
`
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Sibrah: 7:48am On Jun 03, 2013
I like the way the guy presented his case. I think it was a some unseen forces coupled with provocation from the Dad.
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by kross01(m): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2013
like seriously, did this happen? He thought he'ld be given a medal of honour & celebrated by his family for getting rid of his father? Too many sick people in this our world
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by dhardline(m): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2013
This guy thinks he's in the united states where he'll get good lawyers to plead his case.wake up boy cause you've already been sentenced even before going to court.
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Itoroetti(m): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2013
insanity.havent u seen that survived without their parents?are u the 1st person to study a course forcefully choosed by parents?u wil learn to live without freedom,thats if u wont be kill.
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by daviide: 8:50am On Jun 03, 2013
Sad nd stupid ..he should have known better
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 03, 2013
U killed ur dad dat night and sibmitted urself to d police ... well what can i say again. U quite know what will follow.
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by natasha: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2013
clearly the case of a spoilt firstborn. You want to act a man yet you dont take responsibilities for your actions.
You blame your father for failing your exams in secondary school, blame your dad for only been good enough for geology, blame your father for failing uni exams - so bad that you were asked to withdraw from school, blame your mother for not getting you a lawyer.
Imagine the killer saying his father sent him to university with no money?? some people dont even have the tuition fees to pay for uni let alone ask for spending money!!!! Just because you are the first born/boy doesnt mean its your birthright to demand any and everything. You want to be free why not pack out of your father's house? Why leave your siblings fatherless and mother a widow? If your mother was been treated badly by your father she could have packed out of the house but she choose to stay, are you wiser than her?
You deserve to rot in jail till you learn how to man up to your actions and take responsibility for your actions. Dont worry about the freedom, you will be free to roam about the confines of the four walls of kirikiri hopefully for the rest of your life

1 Like

Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 03, 2013
natasha: clearly the case of a spoilt firstborn. You want to act a man yet you dont take responsibilities for your actions.
You blame your father for failing your exams in secondary school, blame your dad for only been good enough for geology, blame your father for failing uni exams - so bad that you were asked to withdraw from school, blame your mother for not getting you a lawyer.
Imagine the killer saying his father sent him to university with no money?? some people dont even have the tuition fees to pay for uni let alone ask for spending money!!!! Just because you are the first born/boy doesnt mean its your birthright to demand any and everything. You want to be free why not pack out of your father's house? Why leave your siblings fatherless and mother a widow? If your mother was been treated badly by your father she could have packed out of the house but she choose to stay, are you wiser than her?
You deserve to rot in jail till you learn how to man up to your actions and take responsibility for your actions. Dont worry about the freedom, you will be free to roam about the confines of the four walls of kirikiri hopefully for the rest of your life
Abeg help me tell the useless son. mtscheeew!
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Kslib(m): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2013
What da fucck?? The boy might be 18 but his soul is 50yrs old.. The guy clearly has no remorse. Which kain pikin be dis? Na wa oh..
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Zet72(m): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2013
He is suffering from insanity
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by mysticgal(f): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
Who do i pity the man or the boy cry
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Boss13: 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
Na small boy and too much nollywood dey worry this guy. When judge nack am the number of years wey him go stay for prison, him eyes go clear. The guy think sey life na fairy tale or tales by moon light
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Adufaye(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hollywood y na......c weitin una cus!!! Ouch
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by Okijajuju: 8:54am On Jun 04, 2013
First of all... That boy na real vulcanizer. So you wanted to study biochemistry and yet you couldnt pass Geology. Whats the diference between bio-chemistry and Geology courses in your first & second year?! The boy killed his father out of hatred. He hates his father for marrying a second wife. Hates his father for what he considers to be abuses metted on him by his dad.

If he had killed his father 2 years earlier, he would have maybe gotten a lighter sentence in juvenile detention, but he is 18 and leaglly an adult under the Nigerian law so its goodbye for atleast the next 25 - life.

If he truly believed that at age 18, killing his father would be handled as an internal family matter with no criminal actions brought against him, then he failed out of the university not because of Geology, but because he had the I.Q of an i`mbecile.
Re: I Have No Regrets Killing My Father- University Dropout by MistadeRegal(m): 9:15am On Jun 04, 2013
You killed your Father? My lord I rest my case. This is my judgment. (heavy music plays) I hereby sentence you to.....(disc cracks)(disc clears, people laments) I rise. Court! We'll take a commercial when we'll return we'll know WHAT NEXT! (WWTBAM music plays)

(1) (Reply)

Gruesome Murder: 23-year-old Killed For Ritual; Family Demands Justice / Man Addicted To Stealing Cuts Off His Own Hands(pix) / The Gruesome Murder Of Mr. Odion Aimeyekagbon By A Royalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.