Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,188 members, 7,845,899 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Is This Not Enough Proof That Jesus(a S)foretold Of Another Prophet Coming??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Not Enough Proof That Jesus(a S)foretold Of Another Prophet Coming??? (540 Views)

Another Prophet Predicts Plots To Kill Buhari, saraki / ..leading Gospel Singer Tope Alabi Story About Forcing Another Prophet For Sex.. / Another Prophet T.B Joshua Prophecy: There Will Be Another Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This Not Enough Proof That Jesus(a S)foretold Of Another Prophet Coming??? by nmuhd: 7:16am On Jun 04, 2013
Is this not enough proof for the Christians that Jesus (peace upon him) foretold of another prophet coming
John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—
John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you.
John 14:26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
John 16:5
but now I am going to him who sent me. None of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’
John 16:6
Rather, you are filled with grief because I have said these things.
John 16:7
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
John 16:8
When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment
John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
John 16:14
He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
Re: Is This Not Enough Proof That Jesus(a S)foretold Of Another Prophet Coming??? by thorpido(m): 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
Stop deceiving yourself!Go through the passage you quoted carefully,taking note of the expressions used and the purpose of the coming of Personality Jesus described.You will see that no human being can measure up to Who Jesus described.

He said,..be with you for ever(Vs 16).
Did Muhammed live for ever?

He said,...Whom the Father will send in My Name(vs26)m
Did Muhammed come in the name of Jesus?

He said,....I will send Him to you(vs7)
Did Jesus send Muhammed?

He said,....He will glorify Me because it is from Me that He will receive what He will make known unto you'(vs14).
Did Muhammed come to glorify Jesus and did he receive his message from Jesus?

This issue has been flogged many times and I have come to understand that people choose to believe what they want to believe,rather than observe due diligence.

In the first place muslims will reject the bible as false yet they need to quote it to give credibility to things they believe.It smacks of dishonesty in my opinion.

Anyway,for every truth,there must be a lie and the lie wars against the truth to take its place.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Fasting And Prayer Is Very Helpful / I Wonder Why HE Should Be Used For God / What If Heaven And Hell Is Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.