Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Rooting Tecno F7 - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rooting Tecno F7 (29280 Views)

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 9:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Are you posting my recovery or yours undecided

If yours, what is it based on.
I plan on bringing touch Wiz to f7

This is the reason i like to keep to myself. Wetin consign recovery with touch wiz? Your recovery... Did you give me any or post one for me to download? What is it based on? Are recoveries based on anything apart from normal ram disks? You plan on bringing touch wiz den please do... All i did was post cwm that I ported myself. Its not a competition nd if you dont want me here i will gladly leave. But don't use me to catch cruise. If you want to know something ask. Dont first make yourself larger than life and if you know something tell us don't make yourself an island of ignorance because xda dey... Nuffin we do here is new...

1 Like

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
seunpayne:

This is the reason i like to keep to myself. Wetin consign recovery with touch wiz? Your recovery... Did you give me any or post one for me to download? What is it based on? Are recoveries based on anything apart from normal ram disks? You plan on bringing touch wiz den please do... All i did was post cwm that I ported myself. Its not a competition nd if you dont want me here i will gladly leave. But don't use me to catch cruise. If you want to know something ask. Dont first make yourself larger than life and if you know something tell us don't make yourself an island of ignorance because xda dey... Nuffin we do here is new...

No hard feelings .I edited the post before you posted.
Read https://www.nairaland.com/1308775/tecno-f7-phantom-a1-discussion/46#16263429
It was absolutely same step. More like a replica

What is based, in the sense of which type of custom recovery. CWM or TWRP

Wetin concern you concern touch Wiz, nothing. It's a project I wanna carry out.

I got nothing else to say. It ain't a competition.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
abbeyseto:

i used sp flash tools to format the phone. that was the last thing i did.
AFTER THAT, I RAN SOME FEW TEST WITH SP FLASH TOOLS:

AND GOT THE FOLLOWING:

External RAM:

ERROR: External RAM was not detected!!

NAND Flash:

ERROR: NAND Flash was not detected!
RAM Test

SKIP! External RAM was not detected!
EMMC Test

EMMC Pattern Test(0x5A5A):

FAILED!!

Although i have returned it back to where i bought it and i was told they will send it to TECNO for repairs, that i will be billed if the fault is from me( which obviously is). was told to check back in two weeks.

i still hear sound when i plugged it in my PC.
I guess u have to wait 2weeks grin
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 10:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:

Read https://www.nairaland.com/1308775/tecno-f7-phantom-a1-discussion/46#16263429

I believe i made it clear that it was cwm... More like a replica? Smh...
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Proffdada: 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
has anyone been able to resolved the chainfire 3D bricked TF7?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Proffdada: 12:05am On Jun 24, 2013
seunpayne:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5j_NCLhSSvIRFIzeHVuclE0SFU&usp=sharing

Flash everything together. make sure you have all your drivers installed
you will need sp flash tools v3.1224.0.sn85 exactly to flash the f7. google it
pleeeeeaaaaase can u upload these files again?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 7:30am On Jun 24, 2013
Proffdada:
pleeeeeaaaaase can u upload these files again?
The link is still working na... What particular file do you need so i can give u a direct link?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Proffdada: 9:40am On Jun 24, 2013
seunpayne:
The link is still working na... What particular file do you need so i can give u a direct link?
got it tnx, now how do i use this to recover my bricked TF7?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by cube2012: 5:30am On Jun 26, 2013
abbeyseto:

oga hollaslyd,
i think i'm now in a terrible situation, my f7 doesn't come on again, even when i plug it to charge while off, the battery animation is no more showing screen light is not even coming on again, every thing is dead. could that mean i will be the first to have a bricked F7?

hmmm not bricked its in a semi dead state i think what you do now is remove tha ba3 and connect the phone to your pc if it makes the device connected sound continously for like 3 times then it can be revived if it doesnt its dead till further notice
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by cube2012: 5:43am On Jun 26, 2013
HOLLASLYD:

you call TWRP ur own cwmr what else did you add to it that its ur own version any ways chainfire bricked tecno or phone stoping at tecno logo solved revived two already holla
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:00am On Jun 26, 2013
cube2012:

you call TWRP ur own cwmr what else did you add to it that its ur own version any ways chainfire bricked tecno or phone stoping at tecno logo solved revived two already holla

Apologies for making it too personal. Time spent and editing might have just frustrated me in being blunt.
I ported the twrp from scratch from team win recovery project source file to f7.
When you flash the recovery. Backup with it. The folder you will get in backup folder will convince you.
Though not perfect though. Rebooting is not properly mapped so you have to pull battery to reboot.

No further support on this device.
I don't use the phone anymore.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by cube2012: 9:55am On Jun 26, 2013
hollaslyd u dissapoint me i thought u knew better hiw should you port twrp and to reboot u remove ur ba3 did u create the twrp with the scatter file before porting it with spflash?

1 Like

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by biz2get(m): 1:18am On Jun 27, 2013
So wait @holla no room tiny again or what

@cube I see Yuu jour cwm tinz oh in ma fone jor jor, rom tinz jarre wink
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Proffdada: 8:28am On Jun 30, 2013
cube2012:

Please. Help me revive mine o !
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by dammyhy(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
need link for cwm for f7.......pls ooooooo
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by tonardo(m): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2013
Any Phone or tablet wey no get support for XDA DEVELOPER, can easily brick,.All tecno and other china phone users....... always stop in rooting your phone.,,,any device without developer support i you want to do your own, you will be on your own,..If you don't know what you are doing, don't root...
if your tecno f7 has brick you can take it to their office they may help FIX it with your money because no more warrant,..
I ordered a tablet from china and have try all effort to root no way,..guy i have to use it like that, than having a brick tablet,..it keep tell me ...........permission denied!............am not doing again i give up,..
I have easily root N3, N7 and i beleive it will work for F7...
pls Note::Flashing cmw or rom on china devices are highly dangerous, if you don;t know what you are doing,..
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by larredo2010: 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
Good day,I don't have any ideal on rooting,and I leave in Abuja. I bought the phone and I have not use,can anyone help.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by larredo2010: 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
Is it a must to root ur android phone. Pls I need ur prompt response. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by mhozzis(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
larredo2010: Is it a must to root ur android phone. Pls I need ur prompt response. God bless.
nooooooooo
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 02, 2013
abbeyseto: guys, yawa don gas o!!! After i rooted my f7, i was feeling fly so i decided to do some tweeking, i saw an app called "chainfire 3D" after installing and granting SuperUser acess, the app notified me to install some drivers which i did and i was prompted to reboot and that was it!!! my phone got stuck at the "tecno" screen at boot. it didn't even get to animation part.
I even treid factory reset from "Android recovery system", for where no improvement.

so guys beware!!! watch out for that app.

i need help to resolve this issue. ANY ANDROID GURU, ABEG HELP MY CONDITION.
NEXT TIME READ THE INFO ABOUT ANY APP U WANT TO DOWNLOAD B4 U PROCEED.
CHAINFIRE 3D IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ICS AND JELLY BEAN DEVICES.
IT WAS CREATED ONLY, I REAPET ONLY FOR GINGER BREAD USERS.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Proffdada: 6:39am On Jul 02, 2013
Godvilla: NEXT TIME READ THE INFO ABOUT ANY APP U WANT TO DOWNLOAD B4 U PROCEED.
Pls if u can't give solution don't bother to comment. The discussions
Godvilla: NEXT TIME READ THE INFO ABOUT ANY APP U WANT TO DOWNLOAD B4 U PROCEED.
Pls if u can't give solution don't bother to comment. The discussion is to help not to chastise.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 02, 2013
Proffdada:
Pls if u can't give solution don't bother to comment. The discussions
Pls if u can't give solution don't bother to comment. The discussion is to help not to chastise.
Emmmm...... I dnt get u veri well but am sure my post will help sum F7 users stay away 4rm Chainfire 3D.
U made mention of chastisment, a proff like u shuld get my post veri well cos i wrote it in simple English.
I made a precausional post.
Next time, read inbetween the lines b4 u quote!!!
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 02, 2013
bluebarz: Am about getting anoder Phantom F7 (white) ryt now. Can't stay without that fone. Will dedicate the bricked one to F7 development when it gets back to me in a months time. Meanwhile I think we really need to read reviews about certain apps before installing them on our devices. God punish Chain Fire 3D.
Exactly my point, we shuld endeavour to read apps reviews b4 dwnlding dem and take precautional note.
Emmm.... Getting anoda F7 Seriously dats like 70K in just a week!!!
U got such amout of moni, Google Nexus 4 wuld hav been a good buy @ such amount.
Anyways, ur moni speaks 4 u........
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by k2kay(m): 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2013
can someone pls explain why it is or not a must to root your android device
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Pedro3G: 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
abbeyseto:

Thanks. i have downloaded all necesarry file.
can you please walk me through the procedure to flash all these files using "sp flash tools v3.1224.0.sn85".

really appreciate your efforts!!
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Pedro3G: 11:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
seunpayne: For those who have bricked their phones I'm glad to tell you there is still hope.

First of all what group are you?
Group 1 u installed an app dat bricked d device

Group 2 u were in group 1 nd tried to fix the phone nd so now d tin no even on again sef...

Updated links in an hour. Stay tuned

Brenda v1.01.1 ready for upload

Happy modding

i tried to install fonts last night using font installer from google playstore then suddenly everything changed to chinese language and asked me to reboot device. after which i got stuck on boot loop. please am a novice in flashing f7 can u guide me through the steps and if possible let me know if there is a method to recover my already installed apps
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Pedro3G: 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
seunpayne: Wow... This is serious. I feel really bad for you guys. Work no gree me dey come here anyhow. Anyway... All hope aint lost. Holla me on whatsapp because i cant be constant here: 08068081502

do u stay up late cause thats when most of us here usaully do surfing
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by ibnuusamah: 8:33am On Jul 04, 2013
cube2012:

hmmm not bricked its in a semi dead state i think what you do now is remove tha ba3 and connect the phone to your pc if it makes the device connected sound continously for like 3 times then it can be revived if it doesnt its dead till further notice

Ah! Cube you are back here?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 04, 2013
Iv ROOTED 2 Tecno F7 with this easy method!!!
I got restore prob so i used Eroot_v1.3.3 app and it was just one-click smiley
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Pedro3G: 9:53am On Jul 04, 2013
Godvilla: Iv ROOTED 2 Tecno F7 with this easy method!!!
I got restore prob so i used Eroot_v1.3.3 app and it was just one-click smiley

what do u mean by restore problem
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2013
Pedro3G:

what do u mean by restore problem
When u click ROOT button on the PC with EROOT v1.0.4, u'll see 1st,2nd and 3rd boxes ticked but the last option does not cos the update is not complete. Its in chinese so i dnt undastand during dis process, Check the screen of ur Tecno N7 and u'll see a pop up mesg, below are two options...
Do not Restore and Restore
dnt click on anything as its supposed to be done automatically.
But with Eroot v1.3.3 everyfin is done automatically once u click on ROOT and the 4 boxes on Eroot(pc screen are ticked).
Now check the menu of ur phone and u'll see super user. Dats all ur N7 is rooted!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / Airtel Users Get In Here I Just Got 2gb For 200 Valid For 14 Days See Prof / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.