Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny (1394 Views)

Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by SamConquer(m): 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
It Beats My Imagination when First Class Student of Private universities are being put under intense scrutiny,Most recently that of Babcock University.In the words of all this Critics (who are mostly ''Public Universities Fanatics'' or those who just sit on the Fence and Join in criticizing ''blindly'') ''the First Class are Just too Much'' or they will say ''is the First Class valid'' all this boils down to the Fact that,''They can't Just accept the fact that, First Class is that easy to get,with hardwork and self-discipline Just the way the Private University have paint it''.Then the question that comes to One's mind is Why do they reason like that?.but it did not take Long before the Answers are Sought out.......One of the reason is that Public University Lecturers' who have decided to go on wicked ''spree'' by failing the Student and frustrating their effort because they(the Lecturers),did not have first class in that course,and will make it look as if first class is a luxury,which Make The Public University Student develop a Mindset of ''First class is a Herculean task''and are ready to ''Fight'' the Private University Student who graduate with First class. and yet the best university in the world(Havard), produce thousand of First class.Another thing that made Private University to produce a lot of first Class and will continue to produce is ''FREEDOM''....How do you expect a School like Unilag to produce enough first class when the school is synonymous with excessive freedom and party,and why won't you expect a school like Covenant University to produce a lot of first class when social activities are at, the lowest ebb where student dont even have their phone,without all this, the Student are forced to become studious because reading their books is the only entertainment left for them.The way this ''public university fanatics'' criticize Private universities,makes one wonder whether the best university in the world(Havard) is not a private university.The private university is the best thing to happen to Nigeria tertiary sector, and in fews years to come it will be a force to reckon with.check out covenant university which is barely 10years old, rank number 10 in Nigeria with public university of ages trailing it behind..''Public University Fanatics'' wake up to reality!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by horny4u(f): 9:12pm On Jun 04, 2013
SamConquer: It Beats My Imagination when First Class Student of Private universities are being put under intense scrutiny,Most recently that of Babcock University.In the words of all this Critics (who are mostly ''Public Universities Fanatics'' or those who just sit on the Fence and Join in criticizing ''blindly'') ''the First Class are Just too Much'' or they will say ''is the First Class valid'' all this boils down to the Fact that,''They can't Just accept the fact that, First Class is that easy to get,with hardwork and self-discipline Just the way the Private University have paint it''.Then the question that comes to One's mind is Why do they reason like that?.but it did not take Long before the Answers are Sought out.......One of the reason is that Public University Lecturers' who have decided to go on wicked ''spree'' by failing the Student and frustrating their effort because they(the Lecturers),did not have first class in that course.And will make it look as if first class is a luxury,which Make The Student develop a Mindset of ''First class is a Herculean task''and are ready to ''Fight'' the Private University Student who graduate with First class. and yet the best university in the world(havard), produce thousand of First class.Another thing that made Private University to produce a lot of first Class and will continue to produce is ''FREEDOM''....How do you expect a School like Unilag to produce enough first class when the school is synonymous with excessive freedom and party,and why won't you expect a school like Covenant University to produce a lot of first class when social activities are at, the lowest ebb where student dont even have their phone,without all this, the Student are forced to become studious because reading their books is the only entertainment left for them.The way this ''public university fanatics'' criticize Private universities,makes one wonder whether the best university in the world is not a private university.The private university is the best thing to happen to Nigeria tertiary sector, and in fews years to come it will be a force to reckon with.check out covenant university which is barely 10years old, rank number 10 in Nigeria with public university of ages trailing it behind..''Private University Fanatics'' wake up to reality..............NOTE:The Writer is not a Private University Student.

They re jealous...went to one of the top private schools and we work damn hard for our grades.
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by SamConquer(m): 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
horny4u:

They re jealous...went to one of the top private schools and we work damn hard for our grades.
Seconded
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by Acidosis(m): 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
Reasons are;

1. Generational & Inherited jealousy

2. They think Education & getting a good grade is almost impossible

3. They love it when their lecturers humilates them..
They love funny Lecturers statements like:
"In my course,
A - is for God
B - is for me
C, E & Carry over - is for you all...
. And the dummy Nigerian intellectuals would shout, yaaayyy, sir!!

(The above is a common phrase in public institutions in Nigeria)

4. The average Nigerian student believe the best way to read and understand is when you read with candle, under a bamboo tree, under a very hott sun, in the bush, on mango trees, etc..

...and they regard those reading in a well furnished air-conditioned plaster of paris finished hall as dullards, rich man wey nor know book...

5. They think a course is HARD to pass because the lecturer made it so...

6. Some do not read, they'll rather go clubbing, drinking, beach partying, practising cultism; and then expecting a miraculous A in a course few weeks to the exam..

More to come
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
Acidosis: Reasons are;

"In my course,
A - is for God
B - is for me

4. The average Nigerian student believe the best way to read and understand is when you read with candle, under a bamboo tree, under a very hott sun, in the bush, on mango trees, etc..

...and they regard those reading in a well furnished air-conditioned plaster of paris finished hall as dullards, rich man wey nor know book...

6. Some do not read, they'll rather go clubbing, drinking, beach partying, practising cultism; and then expecting a miraculous A in a course few weeks to the exam..

More to come
Check your mail
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by SamConquer(m): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
Acidosis: Reasons are;

"In my course,
A - is for God
B - is for me

More to come
Loool@number one. Like Seriously,You Nailed it.
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by BLINKISS(m): 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
SamConquer: It Beats My Imagination when First Class Student of Private universities are being put under intense scrutiny,Most recently that of Babcock University.In the words of all this Critics (who are mostly ''Public Universities Fanatics'' or those who just sit on the Fence and Join in criticizing ''blindly'') ''the First Class are Just too Much'' or they will say ''is the First Class valid'' all this boils down to the Fact that,''They can't Just accept the fact that, First Class is that easy to get,with hardwork and self-discipline Just the way the Private University have paint it''.Then the question that comes to One's mind is Why do they reason like that?.but it did not take Long before the Answers are Sought out.......One of the reason is that Public University Lecturers' who have decided to go on wicked ''spree'' by failing the Student and frustrating their effort because they(the Lecturers),did not have first class in that course,and will make it look as if first class is a luxury,which Make The Public University Student develop a Mindset of ''First class is a Herculean task''and are ready to ''Fight'' the Private University Student who graduate with First class. and yet the best university in the world(Havard), produce thousand of First class.Another thing that made Private University to produce a lot of first Class and will continue to produce is ''FREEDOM''....How do you expect a School like Unilag to produce enough first class when the school is synonymous with excessive freedom and party,and why won't you expect a school like Covenant University to produce a lot of first class when social activities are at, the lowest ebb where student dont even have their phone,without all this, the Student are forced to become studious because reading their books is the only entertainment left for them.The way this ''public university fanatics'' criticize Private universities,makes one wonder whether the best university in the world(Havard) is not a private university.The private university is the best thing to happen to Nigeria tertiary sector, and in fews years to come it will be a force to reckon with.check out covenant university which is barely 10years old, rank number 10 in Nigeria with public university of ages trailing it behind..''Public University Fanatics'' wake up to reality!!!
Bros You are so on point.What are all these public university student really bragging about?Is it the Overcrowded Class,where student sit on the window,or the Lecturer absent for almost a complete semester with no querry,or old facilities they use when the university was making ''name'' and at the end quack graduates will be produce and if you want to talk they will say ''Na Unilag graduate o''Just because of the Name and past glory.while in the real sense a quack who sit at the window through all the semester copying note and gisting with a freind at the other end.Abegi
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by Acidosis(m): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
BLINKISS: Bros You are so on point.What are all these public university student really bragging about?Is it the Overcrowded Class,where student sit on the window,or the Lecturer absent for almost a complete semester with no querry,or old facilities they use when the university was making ''name'' and at the end quack graduates will be produce and if you want to talk they will say ''Na Unilag graduate o''Just because of the Name and past glory.while in the real sense a quack who sit at the window through all the semester copying note and gisting with a freind at the other end.Abegi

Sentiments aside... You're 100% correct.

Some of my lecturers only resumed lectures 2weeks to exam grin

What a country...

Some don't write tests... some no assignments..and even when they give, they don't award any score..

Most base grades on exams 100%, no test, attendance...

I hail Federal & State schools ooo grin
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by Acidosis(m): 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
TEA esq™:

Check your mail

sad sad sad Check
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by luvablesam(m): 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
Acidosis:

Sentiments aside... You're 100% correct.

Some of my lecturers only resumed lectures 2weeks to exam grin

What a country...

Some don't write tests... some no assignments..and even when they give, they don't award any score..

Most base grades on exams 100%, no test, attendance...

I hail Federal & State schools ooo grin
bros hail ur sch n ur lecturers for not lecturing u.while I agree with some of acidosis's points I totally disagree with urs. I graduated from a fed uni a while back n I was taught well!
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by Acidosis(m): 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
luvable sam: bros hail ur sch n ur lecturers for not lecturing u.while I agree with some of acidosis's points I totally disagree with urs. I graduated from a fed uni a while back n I was taught well!

LOL... I'm acidosis.. same person

btw bro,

Tell me about your project. Did you actually attempt the stuffs yourself?

Did your supervisor gave you all the attention, lab assistance & all ??
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 05, 2013
Acidosis:

LOL... I'm acidosis.. same person

btw bro,

Tell me about your project. Did you actually attempt the stuffs yourself?

Did your supervisor gave you all the attention, lab assistance & all ??

Exactly what i keep telling people federal universities are living on past glory they are crap.
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by tobezekiel(f): 1:42am On Jun 05, 2013
am a CU student and its really annoying whn all these fed uni studnts talk. why wont I get a 1st class after all the hard work(in reading)I have access to the library a VERY conducive environment(I have every thing I want) and above all the spiritual aspect? I mean all the prayers. the blessings 4rm men of God an I still wont get a 1st class? then there is a problem o.. it just cant happen! especially in CU, its very easy to pass or fail the choice is urs cos, contrary to wht pple think, there are lots of social distractions.. I mean loads. so the fed uni student shuld blame their lecturers for nt graduating with a 1st class result.
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by Acidosis(m): 7:10am On Jun 05, 2013
and you expect him/her to come out with a third class? Lol!

Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by Acidosis(m): 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
...and why is this topic not on the first page

All these mods sef. smh
Re: Why Is Private University ''first Class'' Under Scrutiny by BLINKISS(m): 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
Acidosis: ...and why is this topic not on the first page

All these mods sef. smh
I guess as the topic is not about tonto dike,or picture of celebrity wearing their cloth,then they will be asking us, Hot or Not, Hit or Miss,or picture of celebrity cooking in the kitchen...

(1) (Reply)

ESUT Resumes Nov 18 As Exam Commences Immediately. / Good Hostels In Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka / Full List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2014/2015 NLNG Scholarship Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.